Returning Adopted Deaf Children...

I think that the deadbeat dad still has to pay a percentage of whatever he gets. If he gets pension, then he still has to pay a percentage.

However, I think that the percentage is stupid... because there are a lot of mothers out there who take advantage of the money and the kid only gets a tiny percentage of it.

I had a roommate who was paying child support for 3 kids. Yet, his ex-girlfriend never got each kid their own bed... had decent furnitures... good food... etc. All the kids slept on the same mattress which was on the floor. She basically hosted a huge party every month whenever she got the child support money and locked the kids in their room as she partied. He worked hard to make more money and when it came time to get his tax return, the whole return was given to his ex-girlfriend. As soon as she got the check, she called and said... "The kids are yours! Goodbye!" He got the kids and never saw his money again.

*sigh* That's terrible. That woman's a bitch, that's for sure. I hope she had her tubes tied.

Ah, the kids should be better off with him, no?

Another perspective to consider--in the long run, this may be a 'good' thing for the girl, in which it could possibly have prevented her from years of unhappiness. Now all we can hope for is a life of having better opportunities for her, her well-being, her happiness...afterall, life's precious and needs to be handled with care and love! :)
~RR

I agree. Also, I think perhaps agencies need to improve their screening of potential adoptive parents to ensure that only those who have a realistic expectation of parenting be approved. I've heard stories of parents surrendering adopted children who have no disabilities as well, simply because the parents are losers and it's up to the agency to screen them out for the child's sake. Unfortunately, some agencies are driven by money.

I think that the deadbeat dad still has to pay a percentage of whatever he gets. If he gets pension, then he still has to pay a percentage.

However, I think that the percentage is stupid... because there are a lot of mothers out there who take advantage of the money and the kid only gets a tiny percentage of it.

I had a roommate who was paying child support for 3 kids. Yet, his ex-girlfriend never got each kid their own bed... had decent furnitures... good food... etc. All the kids slept on the same mattress which was on the floor. She basically hosted a huge party every month whenever she got the child support money and locked the kids in their room as she partied. He worked hard to make more money and when it came time to get his tax return, the whole return was given to his ex-girlfriend. As soon as she got the check, she called and said... "The kids are yours! Goodbye!" He got the kids and never saw his money again.

Oh wow, that is extremely disgusted what kind of mother she is ! I would never to do to my two sons, I always provide them nice clothes, beds, school, food and involve sport activities. I wore poor clothes and shoes for years, the boys are more priority than anything else.

I tried to find it, but there is nothing. It was mentioned that it is at ListenUp, a Yahoo! group. But I can't gain access to it as it is restricted to parents of deaf and HOH children.

Well, thanks for trying...perhaps it just might come up--years later? ;)
Also, for what kimpossible implied to the possibility of the fact that this 'story' doesn't exist--that's a possibility, however, 'confidentiality' is more likely the reason for not being able to access to the 'story' itself.

Once again, thanks anyway--

~RR

to know that I'm proud of my own mother who adopted and accept who I am.

Suppose, I go and said hey to my mom. Heyyyy mom....

I read the blogs and yet who and where is their source of information on this deaf girl?

The bloggers haven't revealed who the adoption agency is....

As sad as this is, isn't there a 'link' providing to the story itself rather than excerpts from others via Blogs/Vlogs? If so, it would be good to see if all possible, if not, then it may be understandable due to the fact that this girl is a minor and confidentiality prevents any details pertaining to the former adoptive parents and child.

Another perspective to consider--in the long run, this may be a 'good' thing for the girl, in which it could possibly have prevented her from years of unhappiness. Now all we can hope for is a life of having better opportunities for her, her well-being, her happiness...afterall, life's precious and needs to be handled with care and love! :)~RR

It is a shame that these parents did this...I find it very disappointing and disgusting that these parents could not continue to raise her as their own.

But she did this because she did not truly love this child. Now she is expecting her own child... she will center her attention to that child and neglect the other. so in a sense this child will be better off with a loving family. NOW I hope the adoption agency will allow a good deaf family do adopt and embrace her as their own. I hope and pray for this child to learn to love and trust another family. Hopefully her emotional scars will heal over time when she finds a good loving family that will help her understand that there is nothing wrong with her and she is a beautiful person.

Thats what Im thinking Kaitlin. As a single mom - I cannot even fathom such a thing, there is no way I can put what I feel into words, I am absolutely speechless.

When a direct source to the story is listed - I will post it on my blog.

Well, thanks for trying...perhaps it just might come up--years later? ;)
Also, for what kimpossible implied to the possibility of the fact that this 'story' doesn't exist--that's a possibility, however, 'confidentiality' is more likely the reason for not being able to access to the 'story' itself.

Once again, thanks anyway--

~RR

Begs to ask: how can it be 'confidential' if it was posted on-line?

I agree that chances are high that this 'story' doesnt' exist.

That's pretty cruel! It proves that the foster parents of the child wouldn't accept anyone and expect a perfect child. Foster parents HAVE to accept no matter who they adopt, I think the parents will lose the foster parent's license, so they can kiss their ass goodbye!

Begs to ask: how can it be 'confidential' if it was posted on-line?

I agree that chances are high that this 'story' doesnt' exist.

Stories about the story don't fall under confidentiality. However, details from the actual story do.

:mad: What wrong with this person return a deaf child been ignored?! :pissed: They return a deaf child that seems so very unethically! :nono: It's heartbreaking for deaf child without a good guardian!

I feel terribly sorry for deaf child. :( I hope they would take care of a deaf child.
God bless this deaf child. :angel:

Makes me wonder about the screening process.....

Makes me wonder about the screening process.....

There have been many problems with the screening process of several private agencies brought to light recently. Sad. It would seem the most important criterion in some agencies would be ability to afford the fees.

How horrible for the child.
But, I am also happy that this was found out early and the child was not stuck with abusive people.

There is a family or couple out there who will love this young person.

Back