Resources needed

sjam

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm new here so please be patient with me. I'm looking for any information on teaching students with hearing loss/deafness plus autism. I'll be teaching grades 1st-4th. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. SJAM

Use flash cards.

Hi Sjam,
See if theres a teacher suppy store in your area, go check it out.
Get some flash cards with color pictures on them, like people things ect, and teach them the signs for the words.
Good Luck!
Go to our website: www.deafadvocacy.org.
We have alot of sign language books, videos, and dvd's you can use to in your class.
Margie
Dir. of Communication Services
OCDAC

Margie said:
Get some flash cards with color pictures on them, like people things ect, and teach them the signs for the words.

Not sure that sjam said he/she was going to be teaching them to sign.

This link may be helpful:

http://www.harriscomm.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=35_134&osCsid=b8543f449ba9db5fd4dc00ab4f85b724

There are a lot of resources on teaching ASL if that is indeed what you're doing, but if my assumption is right, there are also a bunch of books and videos about mainstream programs and other deaf education issues. I didn't look too closely but hopefully something there will be helpful.

hey

When I was learning sign lang. I used a book from the book store called "The joy of signing" It teaches signs in a good order, subject by subject. Check it out and see, also libraries might have a few things to get tips from.

Back