Resound

DeafNerdMommy

Reaction score
Might be getting a new pair of resound HA for free and my schooling :) yay helpful programs that I quilify for. Can't wait! Does anyone have resound?

My hub has <just gotten back> a 13 yr. old pair of Resounds that were out for repair with audi friend for about a year...he's considering getting new Resounds since these are so old and have been repaired so many times. He really likes them.

the lipreading mom actually rocks the Resound Versos in blue (check out her blog anytime!)

I want the blue ones too lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AllDeaf App mobile app

I use two Resound Vikings. These are analog aids. I had Arena HP digital for a while but after my hearing dropped last year they no longer worked for me. I tried other digital aids but I could not hear anything unless turned all the way up and then everything was muffled due to the digital compression. Switched back to analog and I was able to get more power and clarity. I lose the fancy digital features but they work well for me.

I have the ReSound Enzo's (at least I think that's how that's spelled.) I just got them last month, they cost $7k altogether. They are fabulous. I got the top model (there are 3 models for that line; they are all digital, but the lowest means you manually program it, the middle means some can be programmed with your iPhone and the rest manually programmed, and the top (which I got - there is only about a $500 difference between the lowest and top models) is all-inclusive so I can use my iPhone to reset volume, programs (e.g. wind, noise, etc.) and works with bluetooth for TV and car, etc. I absolutely adore these. I've never had hearing aids like this before. My last ones were 8 and 12 years old.

I have the ReSound Enzo's (at least I think that's how that's spelled.) I just got them last month, they cost $7k altogether. They are fabulous. I got the top model (there are 3 models for that line; they are all digital, but the lowest means you manually program it, the middle means some can be programmed with your iPhone and the rest manually programmed, and the top (which I got - there is only about a $500 difference between the lowest and top models) is all-inclusive so I can use my iPhone to reset volume, programs (e.g. wind, noise, etc.) and works with bluetooth for TV and car, etc. I absolutely adore these. I've never had hearing aids like this before. My last ones were 8 and 12 years old.

I am getting ones like these. I have to get the phone adaptor because I use Galaxy. But I like the idea of total control over everything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AllDeaf App mobile app

I use two Resound Vikings. These are analog aids. I had Arena HP digital for a while but after my hearing dropped last year they no longer worked for me. I tried other digital aids but I could not hear anything unless turned all the way up and then everything was muffled due to the digital compression. Switched back to analog and I was able to get more power and clarity. I lose the fancy digital features but they work well for me.

U a Viking? LOL just had to point that out

Depends on what your hearing loss is like. My first pair of hearing aids were resounds and even though they were the power BTEs, my hearing loss progressed and they were useless within 2 years.

If you have severe to profound hearing loss or progressive hearing loss, look at Phonak Naida or (I don't know if these are still around) Oticon Sumo.
Resound doesn't provide enough gain for people with profound hearing loss.

Depends on what your hearing loss is like. My first pair of hearing aids were resounds and even though they were the power BTEs, my hearing loss progressed and they were useless within 2 years.

If you have severe to profound hearing loss or progressive hearing loss, look at Phonak Naida or (I don't know if these are still around) Oticon Sumo.
Actually, Resound Enzo are the most powerful 675 battery aid on the market at the present time. Things change.

As for Oticon Sumo- they may still be around but that was more than 10 years ago- the newest (and stronger than Sumo) is Oticon Chili (got my pair last year- my loss is profound)

Actually, Resound Enzo are the most powerful 675 battery aid on the market at the present time. Things change.

Yup. That's exactly what I have, and I have a profound hearing loss. 115 db.

Hmm... I may have to look into that...I like 675- bigger and easier to see lol. The Oticon Chilis are size 13 batteries (orange package) and a bit of a pain even when you don't have mobility problems. My loss is only around 95-105 (with a spike up to I think 85? on one hz. Audios have always recommended Oticon (and once Widex Sensos years ago).

Hmm... I may have to look into that...I like 675- bigger and easier to see lol. The Oticon Chilis are size 13 batteries (orange package) and a bit of a pain even when you don't have mobility problems. My loss is only around 95-105 (with a spike up to I think 85? on one hz. Audios have always recommended Oticon (and once Widex Sensos years ago).
I like the 675 battery for ease of handling also.

That loss puts you into at least the severe category. I am at the midrange volume with my new HAs, so you should be able to use something comparable even if a different brand and at a lower volume, most likely. I have never had enough hearing to use the 13's so I can't write on those.

Enzo's max gain is 86dB http://govserv.gnresound.com/~/medi...04011-US-15,-sp-,08-Rev,-sp-,A-P2-Print1.ashx
Naida UPs have a max gain of 85dB http://www.phonak.com/content/dam/p...asheets/com_datasheet_Naida_V_UP_GB_V1.02.pdf
I going to look up the infor for Dynamo is 82 dB http://www.pro.oticonusa.com/~asset/cache.ashx?id=43786&type=14&format=web

The old Phonak superos had a max gain of 86dB.

Hmmm, I wonder what the max gain on body worn hearing aids are.

I gave up on hearing aids when my hearing got so bad that even if I heard something, I couldn't understand it and when I had no response to sounds above 2kHz

Last edited:
That loss puts you into at least the severe category. I am at the midrange volume with my new HAs, so you should be able to use something comparable even if a different brand and at a lower volume, most likely. I have never had enough hearing to use the 13's so I can't write on those.

Yeah- it's somewhere between severe to profound. Many different audios labeled it differently over the years. I'd have to take a look at my last audiogram to see exactly what it says tho.

I had Phonak at one time if I remember- long time ago so can't remember the model. Seems like I always revert back to Oticon except the Oticon (the P38s ahhh loved them)-->Phonak-->Widex then back to Oticon period.

As you can see above the difference in gains between the strongest hearing aids are between 1 and 5 dB. So not much at all but none of it matters if you don't have enough hair cells to make sense of sound.

I was just thinking of this thread as my hub is getting new Resounds -Enzo- pretty soon. He may want to check out this thread.

I read reviews on the apple app store saying the resound was pretty glitchy streaming direct from the iPhone, like changes in settings not sticking, having to pause music before making changes to settings etc. What has been your esperience? Even with the glitches I'm still under the impression these are the best sans streamer hearing aids on the market at the moment. Curious when the next generation will be released. Anyone know the general release cycle for hearing aids?

Do any of you have the accessories for the resound? I'd be very curious to know what you have and what your thoughts on them are. Looking into getting a resound myself, I had a Com Pilot (1st gen) for a Phonak Naida Power and it was absolutely garbage. There are new ones now but my experience with the first one was so awful I don't want to use a streamer again unless I have to.

Back