request list of current working vrs possible?

Jabberwocky

Reaction score
Was wondering if there was a thread out there that had current list of current vrs companies thats still in business or do we alll have to sort thru all threads as its overwhelming trying to figure out whos in biz and whos not and make it stickied so its not a hassle.

I think you'll need this to find the resources yourself :lol:

Bagger-garzweiler.jpg

Was wondering if there was a thread out there that had current list of current vrs companies thats still in business or do we alll have to sort thru all threads as its overwhelming trying to figure out whos in biz and whos not and make it stickied so its not a hassle.

I'm not sure if there's a thread about this. But, I'll just shoot the list off top of my head because this is what I know of so far -

Sorenson
ZVRS
Purple
Hawk Relay
Convo
Hamilton (not sure if this one still in the biz)

With my strong background and knowledge with VRS industry, this list is correct one, please disregard previous list as they are outdated by 3 years ago

Hawkrelay can't comply the certification requirement so they are out, Hamilton relay same thing, they can't pass certification requirement.

Hamilton doesn't exist anymore and I think HawkRelay shut down?

There is a subforum here you can read up on about the various Relay Services... That is what I did when I first came here.

I know of:

Sorenson

Purple

ZVRS

ConvoRelay

CAAGVRS

Just as a side note, In the last few days Sorenson announced that they have filed for bankruptcy. I don't know if its chapter seven ("good bye we are done") or chapter 14 (restructure their debt and continue to do business).

It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Just as a side note, In the last few days Sorenson announced that they have filed for bankruptcy. I don't know if its chapter seven ("good bye we are done") or chapter 14 (restructure their debt and continue to do business).

It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Bankruptcy chapter 11

It means they will not close. They just need to restructure their finance including debt payments, selling assets and cutting non-VRS services if necessary in order to satisfy the bankruptcy court and their creditors. Their VRS is in pretty good shape thanks to their huge control in VRS market.

I believe they will be okay in a long run.

I got letter from them the officially declare bankruptcy information.

I wouldn't be too worried, they won't go out of business.

The operation will not be affected as stated in the bankruptcy legal document. It does not look like layoff is going to happen. Mostly has to do with repayment plan that needs to be changed, like extended terms, reduction interest rate, and so on. Pretty much like consolidate debts into lower interest rate and lower repayment, maybe forgive some debts.

From what it looks to me, Sorenson used their head and knew they can't survive the new reform without going financial reorganization (AKA Chapter 11 bankruptcy) so that they won't mount any more debts if no action is done sooner. Like "The sooner, the better" so that means the impact probably will go un-noticed.

I like sorenson interps n easy use of ntouch on my ipad hope they stay alive

Yeah, they are easy to use but as of lately, I noticed that it slightly takes a little bit more time to wait for the terps to appear on the screen. But, even so, the quality of SVRS terps in my opinion are top notch. Perhaps, the recent news about the Sorenson chapter 11 bankruptcy are what causes the slight delay of terps appearing on your screen due to shortages? :dunno:

Back