Repetition: 10 tips for getting the cheapest airfare

GraysonPeddie

Eye/Hear/Speech Impaired
Premium Member
Reaction score
To lower the chance of misleading anyone with the subject about airfare, I've marked the beginning subject as "repetition."

Source: Air Travel - Finding The Cheapest Ticket

Finding the Cheapest Ticket

Airlines often offer significantly lower fares when a Saturday night stay is included. Remember that you are still entitled to a discount, as long as your plane is scheduled to depart after midnight on Saturday.

Be flexible. Alternative routes, airports, and timings can often save you hundreds of dollars.

Use the same carrier for your whole trip. Staying with the same airline for all the legs of your trip tends to be much cheaper than using multiple airlines.

Fly on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Saturday. These days are less popular with business travelers and are therefore cheaper.

Book as early as possible. Airlines tend to increase their prices as seats fill up. The fewer seats available, the higher the price will be. Discounts are usually available for 21-, 14-, and 7-day advance ticketing.

Avoid traveling during peak holiday periods. Fares are higher during the holiday season, as more people travel at this time. To avoid the crowds, travel on the holiday itself such as Christmas Day or Thanksgiving Day.

Check to see if you are eligible for any discounts. If you are a senior citizen, a student, or sometimes even a specific credit card holder, you may be eligible for discounts.

Book as early as possible. The earlier you book, the cheaper the rates tend to be. For air travel, special rates are available for 21-day or 14-day advance ticketing.

Be flexible. Flexible travel plans can often result in very good deals. Check out alternative airports and timings for your flight to obtain the best fares.

Consider alternative methods. Courier companies and driveaway companies are great sources for cheap transport. They provide the transportation in return for carrying a package or delivering the vehicle to a certain destination.

Consider traveling during the "off" season. Hotels, resorts, and cruise lines offer large discounts for travelers who can travel in off peak periods. Lower occupancy rates during these times provide you with bargaining power. Use it.

I don't want to offend the writer who wrote this, but I think that teacher should use this as an example on how you should try to minimize repetition because the reader may only get like 6 tips instead of 10 tips. Some tips can be similar; some can be combined. It really helps to have those 10 paragraphs (or maybe 6 or 5) in an ordered list like so:

1. This is the first tip.
  2. This is the second tip.
  3. This is the third tip and so on and so forth.

When I read the paragraphs, I kind of felt misled a bit. :( I really don't expect to see any kind of repetition in The Weather Channel.

Back