Remember This "Smartphone"?

Jiro

If You Know What I Mean
Premium Member
Reaction score
1oqeci.jpg

which one did you have???

me - RIM pager - top-right.

I had something similar to the one on the top right.

I hated it. Never really used it. Eventually smashed it out of anger.

I had something similar to the one on the top right.

I hated it. Never really used it. Eventually smashed it out of anger.

lol why did you smash it?

Yes - Motorola T900, Sidekick 2 and Sidekick 3.

Yeah! The Blackberry messenger (or whatever it was). Reverted to a clemshell phone after I got CI. Those things had BAD reception in the city outskirts!

Yeah! The Blackberry messenger (or whatever it was). Reverted to a clemshell phone after I got CI. Those things had BAD reception in the city outskirts!

"Sending...." NO SIGNAL :mad2:

rimPager950.jpg

I used to have Sidekick 3, never will forget that phone. I sold it a year after I had it, while I upgraded to Sidekick Slide.

I hate my old two Wyndtell pagers for my first time! Second, T-mobile sidekick 2 is good.

images

images

Not exactly "smartphone" those are pagers. I had that Motorola, SK2, and AOL pager (I still have it and will post it later today).

I've used them all.

What I actually owned for myself was the Sidekick II and the Sidekick 3.

I've used the Motorola, RIM, and Sidekick (1) through friends.

I remember a time when AOL did a short-time promotion where they used crystal blue RIM pagers for AOL members so they could check emails and talk on AIM.

After AOL discontinued the use of those blue devices, some of my friends saved it and used it on their black RIM devices they got through Agotel, Wyndtel, and DeafWireless. :)

Wyndtell RIM 950 pager, Scottwireless RIM 850 pager, Sidekick B&W, Sidekick Color, and Sidekick 2

We had a couple of the Sidekick models, but thankfully technology moves on..

If you want to be technical I had all of them except for the middle left one. With the upper right device I got pissed off when they decided to "stop" service with no notice no nothing and switched to t-mobile. That's kind of how I ended up with all those.

Back