Remember hearing aids in eye glass temples?

Jane B.

Reaction score
For some reason I thought of these when seeing a TV ad about hearing aids that are almost invisible. I think they were around in the 1970's but am not sure when they came out and when they disappeared. Anyway I assume they disappeared as I have not seen anything about them for many years. My objection to them was managing keeping both the glasses and aid(s) up to date and in good repair at the same time. I will admit they were not that obvious unless you knew what to look for.

Yes I do remember these. I thought it was odd to combine these cuz when one needs service you lose both. Similar to people buying the tv/vcr combo and finding that out the hard way. Some things should just be separate.

Yes I do remember these. I thought it was odd to combine these cuz when one needs service you lose both. Similar to people buying the tv/vcr combo and finding that out the hard way. Some things should just be separate.

We seem to have had the same reaction to keeping both working right but just described it differently. I suppose for getting the HA part fixed you could put plain temples on the glasses. But then how do you continue to use HA if the glasses need work?

I did get a combo TV/VCR at one point. It is a very small 13" unit for the bedroom; not my main unit. By the time the VCR part needed work parts were a problem (I did have a good local repairman for many years prior though). I am still using the TV part with an converter for digital.

One of my old Gallaudet friends had a pair of glasses with hearing aids built in. Or maybe a pair of hearing aids with glasses attached...? :hmm:

Anyway-- that was in the mid 80s. I don't know how long he kept them though- I know he doesn't have them any more from recent pics I've seen of him. He was the only person I ever met with such a set up. And as I recall I do remember him having to go without his glasses/hearing aids one time- good thing he had spare glasses...

Back