Religious Older Adults May Need Less Long-Term Care

Lasza

Premium Lurker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Religious Older Adults May Need Less Long-Term Care

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Older adults who are deeply religious or spiritual may be less likely than others their age to enter a nursing home, a new study suggests.

Read more, click this link.

Religious older adults are also more likely to have a short temper as well!

Hmm...interesting. In my opinion -- and from what I've also heard -- in regards of religious people...that they're not really trusting and don't put a lot of faith in doctors nor hospitals. That may be one of the reasons why they didn't stay in hospital for long-term treatments. :dunno:

Just that they'd rather put their faiths elsewhere and in church...not in the hands of doctors nor hospitals.

Remmy, this is only my opinion and am not flaming anyone at all. Just what I heard.

It's true about deeply religious people don't have much faith in doctors or hospitals only to God .....

They know God will take care of them!

Hmm... I wonder how that will explain the child-molesting priests and abusive parents who are religious? My parents were and are very religious. However, they're becoming senile and have been abusive while growing up.

VamPyroX said:
Hmm... I wonder how that will explain the child-molesting priests and abusive parents who are religious? My parents were and are very religious. However, they're becoming senile and have been abusive while growing up.

Just because there are some priests out there who sexually molesting children and religious people abusing others doesn't mean they will go to heaven once they die....I don't see this in any bible that say its ok to do that....

I remmy one true story movie of a religious man who told him that God wants him to kill his children and his wife....then it makes others get the wrong idea of God all because of those type of people who makes others believe...I wouldn't believe in such a thing no matter what type of people who goes around telling others or me when I know in my heart what is right and what I believe....

^Angel^ said:
Just because there are some priests out there who sexually molesting children and religious people abusing others doesn't mean they will go to heaven once they die....I don't see this in any bible that say its ok to do that....

I remmy one true story movie of a religious man who told him that God wants him to kill his children and his wife....then it makes others get the wrong idea of God all because of those type of people who makes others believe...I wouldn't believe in such a thing no matter what type of people who goes around telling others or me when I know in my heart what is right and what I believe....
I'm not saying that they will go to heaven when they die. I'm just saying that I've noticed a lot of bad people who were actually religious.

I honestly don't know about that Vampy because Im not around with alot of religious people....but I do know this, there are alot of people out there who are religious or non-religious do bad things....

It sadness me to know that there are also religious people who are doing things in the most evil way, yet I'm not so sure if they really do believe in God...

Back