Relay call vent

CJB

Reaction score
I've spent the whole afternoon trying to call my rheumatologist to get a prescription refill and they keep hanging up on me. I've done everything from requesting "do not announce relay" to giving information ahead of time and asking the operator to give it as needed and yet they still keep hanging up on me!

It's so frustrating I think I'm going to lose it! I am in so much pain and I really need a refill on this pain medication and I can't reach these people!

:mad2::mad2:

Maybe ask a hearing friend to call....it's a Holiday, tho'....but good luck to get ur pain meds!...I've been thru the same situation...it ain't easy! But the next time I did see my doctor, the receptionist got a piece of my mind!

oooh, that is sooo wrong CJB. Sorry you had that bad problem. At what point did they hang up?

I would be more sympathetic if I did not know that CJB is mildly hard of hearing and could have probably made the call personally, plus living with a hearing woman who does not leave home alone, why did she not call?

When it comes to a doctors office refusing calls for pain medication refills, I suspect the patient may be using it a little more often than allowed.

Why should he use his wife as a crutch? It's the reason why a lot of hearing girls are fed up with deaf guys-- they feel pressured to do everything for the guys. You may not feel sympathetic, but the one thing that most deaf people want, and every single deafblind out there want, is complete and full independence.

Sorry to hear about your relay frustration, CJB. I hope you can find out why your doctors keep hanging up.

Can you personally go to the dr's office and give them a piece of your mind?

I will do that, shel.

To answer your question Bottesini, my wife was not around that day and I had to make the call before going home since the office was about to close and I was in a noisy place so there was no chance of me understanding on the phone verbally.

I will do that, shel.

To answer your question Bottesini, my wife was not around that day and I had to make the call before going home since the office was about to close and I was in a noisy place so there was no chance of me understanding on the phone verbally.

Have you ever thought of getting a Captel phone?

Have you ever thought of getting a Captel phone?

I've heard of Captel phones but would have to look into it more. I would need very high magnification and high contrast and I am also not sure if my eyes would last the length of the phone call. But I will look to see if there are any options that make the Captel more blind-friendly. Thanks for the suggestion.

Forgot to mention my wife called in and got through the next day. (I hate having to depend on her, though.)

Is there a local blind agency?

Usually the CNIB here in Canada has good deafblind technology. Although I don't recall CapTel in their inventory, but that could probably because people don't use CapTel here, not sure.

I've heard of Captel phones but would have to look into it more. I would need very high magnification and high contrast and I am also not sure if my eyes would last the length of the phone call. But I will look to see if there are any options that make the Captel more blind-friendly. Thanks for the suggestion.

That's true about the print being readable for you. There has to be something. Or maybe design a blind-friendly captel and become rich! :D

Found a deafblind-friendly CapTel... Ironically from the same manufacture (Ultratec) whose telebraille and large-print TTYs became popular among the blind population. From the look of it, I would imagine it would be easy to hook up a braille reader to it.

CapTel Model 200 USB

Why should he use his wife as a crutch? It's the reason why a lot of hearing girls are fed up with deaf guys-- they feel pressured to do everything for the guys. You may not feel sympathetic, but the one thing that most deaf people want, and every single deafblind out there want, is complete and full independence.

Sorry to hear about your relay frustration, CJB. I hope you can find out why your doctors keep hanging up.

Because if you have run out of pain medication and can't get the refill from the pharmacy, it usually meants you have been over relying on it and a responsible doctor won't let you get more until the see you.

They prescribe an appropriate amount until the next visit. I don't the relay has anything to do with this case.

Found a deafblind-friendly CapTel... Ironically from the same manufacture (Ultratec) whose telebraille and large-print TTYs became popular among the blind population. From the look of it, I would imagine it would be easy to hook up a braille reader to it.

CapTel Model 200 USB

That would be a good thing as then CJB can rant at the Dr. smh

Because if you have run out of pain medication and can't get the refill from the pharmacy, it usually meants you have been over relying on it and a responsible doctor won't let you get more until the see you.

They prescribe an appropriate amount until the next visit. I don't the relay has anything to do with this case.

The doctor should be penalized for being neglectful. I dont think a lawsuit would work but what about reporting to the medical board?

The doctor should be penalized for being neglectful. I dont think a lawsuit would work but what about reporting to the medical board?

Shel90 if you are right I will owe CJB an apology. But I think he has a problem in managing his pain medication.

As an arthritic person I do get occasionally see someone come in and scream furiously at the nurse. For the reason I have described.

Sometimes they need rehab for the overreliance on medication. (They are a class of narcotic, and I believe if they uses it up, they are going to have to see the Dr. to find out why it is gone too soon. Some people sell it and then want more also.)

Shel90 if you are right I will owe CJB an apology. But I think he has a problem in managing his pain medication.

As an arthritic person I do get occasionally see someone come in and scream furiously at the nurse. For the reason I have described.

Sometimes they need rehab for the overreliance on medication. (They are a class of narcotic, and I believe if they uses it up, they are going to have to see the Dr. to find out why it is gone too soon. Some people sell it and then want more also.)

Oi... that remind me when a friend of mine got in trouble for running out of oxycontin too quickly. They even launched an investigation to make sure he wasn't peddling them. Good thing he was innocent.

Oi... that remind me when a friend of mine got in trouble for running out of oxycontin too quickly. They even launched an investigation to make sure he wasn't peddling them. Good thing he was innocent.

I'm glad your friend was innocent, but at least you do know what I am talking about.

I sold some of my pain killers...

I have extremely high tolerance for pain. At one point I had over 200 tablets.
$10 each tablet was helpful at the time.

Back