Relationship between deaf person and blind person?

Crystalraven

Reaction score
So I have an idea for a book which has a deaf person and a blind person meeting and starting a relationship. What I want to know it how realistic this is. I've had little to no experience with blind/deaf people so I need to do a heap of research so that I can do this justice :) I've been looking around the net but I'd really like 'first hand' ideas :)

So the main thing I'm worried about is communication - like in any relationship. How would they communicate? Especially if meeting for the first time. Also to be taken into account would be extent of deafness/blindness, and how confident the deaf person is with lip reading or speaking.

So I think that's all for now, may add some more ideas after I get some replies (if I get any :D)

I would still like to hear if anyone has experience with this :) and what your thoughts would be upon meeting a blind person.

So I have an idea for a book which has a deaf person and a blind person meeting and starting a relationship. What I want to know it how realistic this is. I've had little to no experience with blind/deaf people so I need to do a heap of research so that I can do this justice :) I've been looking around the net but I'd really like 'first hand' ideas :)

So the main thing I'm worried about is communication - like in any relationship. How would they communicate? Especially if meeting for the first time. Also to be taken into account would be extent of deafness/blindness, and how confident the deaf person is with lip reading or speaking.

So I think that's all for now, may add some more ideas after I get some replies (if I get any :D)
Did you ever write your book? It’s been ten years

I have some u tube friends one deaf one blind, interaction fun, blind teaching deaf how to use the breal typer :rofl:

Back