Rechargeable hearing aids???

Jane B.

Reaction score
I have started seeing TV ads for rechargeable hearing aids. There seems to me to be a major problem with that idea in that you can't hear with them while recharging? Years ago I had some rechargeable 675 batteries that worked but ran down before the end of my day. It was inconvenient but in that case I could just change batteries. With it built in to the aid it leaves you without use of the aid until recharged.

You charge them while you're sleeping.

Current generations use lithium ion batteries, which can hold a charge for up to 30 hours

I been avoiding rechargeable batteries because it's inconvenience. Most rechargeable batteries last only for a day. My wife has CI and her batteries died at the end of the day so she often has to remember herself to bring extra batteries with her. If she forgot to bring extra..she's out of luck. I'm still wearing digital HA and that 675 batteries last for 5 or 6 days. If battery died for no reason, I can simply go to CVS or any store that carried HA batteries. Often I put my extra 675 batteries in our cars whereas rechargeable, you can't. Rechargeable batteries sucks.

i got new hearing aids from tru care that is rechargeable. so far it last for a day and half... they told me it will start to fail after 3 years so if i take it in just before 3 years id get a replacement battery. so far its been reliable, but will wait for a year or so to post back on this.

Back