Real Goverenment grants and fraud?

deafskeptic

Premium Member
Reaction score
A question about applying for government grants and a possible case of fraud.

Some deaf person contacted me via face book and told me about some guy named officerjoel whom she says can get me a government grant but it turns out that I would need to pay money to get a grant and this sound fishy to me..

What are you thoughts on this? I don't think real government officals would do this via the internet.

Dont do it. If u need grants or loans seek help from someone liscend, maybe a lawyer or something Im not sure.. But over facebook seems fishy..

that's what i thought. I saved the converation and i think there's a deaf woman and a guy working together as a team.

The only way to get a government grant is by applying for it and websites developed and run by the government always has the .gov at the end of the internet address.

...it's not logical to pay money to GET MONEY THAT IS GIVEN AWAY FREELY.

I've helped on a couple grants with FEMA and its never on facebook. And never have to pay anything at all at anytime to apply for a federal grant.

Nod, that's what i thought. i put the guy on yahoo on ignore. People like this is why i tend to avoid FB sometimes.

Officer Joe @ Yahoo

Got contacted by Julie Marie Long....Glen ellyn, IL...(on Face Book)says she saw my name on a list with my pic...she says she paid $2500 dollors to get 50K...gave me an few emails to contact......-did----gave some basic info...not bank or SS#.-----name etc...not too worried about it......I have NOTHING ---so nothing to lose.....

..reply says:

Am an Officer to the S.A.C(special Agent in Charge) of the office of domestic Finance under the US Department of Treasury..We are on a legacy Program And Grant to Deaf and Hearing People And your name and profile is on the list ..We have a sum of $90,000(Ninety Thousand Dollars) for You.
A Federal Grant is YOUR money that the government is required to give away. Every year, the government gives billions of dollars to individuals and businesses, just like you, to buy a house, start a business, pay for college, buy equipment, pay salaries, buy school supplies, get out of debt, buy clothing, pay for camp, pay for music or art lessons, paying off your medical bills, pay for gas for your car, and anything else you can dream of.Congratulations

Alright,you will need to fill a form for security reason and where we will keep your info so we not going to send the money to Wrong person,are you ready to fill out the form now?

so anyone else know about this or had contact?

d

Back