real deaf programmers?

netrox

Reaction score
Are there any real deaf programmers that actually does software code for a living?

I do a lot of PHP nowadays and I build commercial applications using PHP/MySQL. It's quite amazing what they can do. I used to do VB, Java, and C++ but I am SO in love with PHP. It just works right for me.

I am about to have a contract with a national bank and again, I will be using PHP/MySQL. Hard to belive but it can be done. They want web applications and I will be licensing a fortune to those banks. I just love residual income. :)

I always feel like I don't know any deaf people who know how to write HTML by hand and can develop functions or classes to create objects.

So any deaf people doing that for a living?

Shouldn't it be spelled "pHp" not "PHP"? :P

I know of two deaf guys -- one from Texas (northern) that does pHp stuff. He ran various pHp forums and another one from the mid-Atlantic area, he was supposed to teach me about pHp stuff, but never got around to it.

No deaf people do programming, huh? There is a bunch of deaf programmers out there in the real world!! I did cold fusion, c, perl, and html, of course, a decade ago....

HTML, PHP, MySQL, Python, Perl, VisualBasic, Java, C, C++, JavaScript, Ruby in order of what language I was educated in from first to last.

I mostly focus on HTML, PHP/MySQL and C++ nowadays. There are a lot of Deaf people who are programmers out there, but a lot of programmers don't tend to go out much... so...

I do HTML, XML, PHP, MySQL, Javascript, and CSS.

When I was young, I used to program Basic and QBasic. :)

I do HTML when i was young and not interesting on programmer anymore. I know few of my friends do programmers

I'm really old hand, assembly (8 bit processors, Z80, 8088), BASIC, COBOL, HTML, Pascal, Visual Basic (VB++), C, C++ and tiny tiny bit of Java. By the time I got to try C++, and Java I just wasn't into computers anymore, except just being a 'normal PC end-user' like today.

I know two deaf guys who work for IBM who are programmers but not sure if they do what everyone is describing.

I am one of the deaf programmers :wave: and currently doing BA in software Engineering at University

Thanks! Good to know a few of you actually do programming for a living. :)

I know there are but where?! LOL

I do HTML, XML, PHP, MySQL, Javascript, and CSS.

When I was young, I used to program Basic and QBasic. :)

Oh man! That brings back memories. I used to program QBasic too! In fact, I remember I made a program that created my own strobe light using the monitor. Now I look back, I am thinking.."wow that was kinda lame." lol....

I also created an "AI" who would ask you random "yes" or "no" questions and it would respond with funny comebacks (or at least what I thought was funny at the time.)

I also learned HTML, C (for Matlab), and C++. I also dabbled in Fortran 77, only because at work, they gave me an old code in Fortran and wanted me to generate an updated code in C. Thank god it came with LOTS of comments....

Shit! I forget about that QBasic. It was very very very long time ago! Thank you for remind me. Yes, Qbasic is lame. Just work on DOS.

30 years ago, I worked as computer programming for Bank. We used to Cobol, RPG III and JCL (Job Control Language). Also, I knew some program Fortran, Pascal, Basic and some Assemble language.

30 years ago, I worked as computer programming for Bank. We used to Cobol, RPG III and JCL (Job Control Language). Also, I knew some program Fortran, Pascal, Basic and some Assemble language.

I never heard of them before. Oh right, I was not exist in 30 years ago. So what make you switch to photography?
photography.jpg

I have been programming since I can remember and thoroughly enjoy it. Mainly C++ / Win32 API currently but I have been forced to learn Scheme (which is a dialect of Lisp I understand)

Hopefully, I will be doing a lot more this Autumn when I start Computer Science at University.. I'll let you know :)

I am deaf, yes. And I have also met a couple of deaf graduates from the University, so there must be some out there!

cobol, fortran and the likes are thrid generatin languages, based on line commands.
Fortrans means Formula-translation, and cobol means Common Business Orientated Languge

Pascal was another language which was similar to C , but it shared a lot of similarity to Cobol in terms of their emphasis on structure and syntax.
They shared the construction of codes consisting of single entry and single exits which is shaped with the use of; if, while, for, case, and so on. In the hey day of microcomputers, these third generation codes was the most common form of user-end instruction-manipulation on these computers. C and Pascal were the precursors to Object Pascal > C++ which is now common place in the fourth generation languages which emphasie object orentation. Visual basic is probably the most well know example of this but perhaps C++ has more popularity in the commerical scene of developing PC computers-based softwares.

just my 2 cents, have a nice day :)

btw my fav 3rd gen lingo was Atari BASIC and I like dabbling with Z80 assembly hell i forgotten all th codes now, it was all in Hex!!

cheers

cobol, fortran and the likes are thrid generatin languages, based on line commands.
Fortrans means Formula-translation, and cobol means Common Business Orientated Languge

Pascal was another language which was similar to C , but it shared a lot of similarity to Cobol in terms of their emphasis on structure and syntax.
They shared the construction of codes consisting of single entry and single exits which is shaped with the use of; if, while, for, case, and so on. In the hey day of microcomputers, these third generation codes was the most common form of user-end instruction-manipulation on these computers. C and Pascal were the precursors to Object Pascal > C++ which is now common place in the fourth generation languages which emphasie object orentation. Visual basic is probably the most well know example of this but perhaps C++ has more popularity in the commerical scene of developing PC computers-based softwares.

just my 2 cents, have a nice day :)

btw my fav 3rd gen lingo was Atari BASIC and I like dabbling with Z80 assembly hell i forgotten all th codes now, it was all in Hex!! oh i forgot to say, the hexidecimals (assembly) was the 2nd generation language -started from WAYYYYYY back to the 1950's !!! but 8-bit processors of the 1980's made it accessible to the masses/hobbyist programmers with home computers in that era. Lots of fun, it was like eqiuvalent to tiinkering the very old flat head V8s, Ford Model A motors and early british cars which elaborated routine around carbs, radiators and valve trains and so on.
Assembly was like that,simple but bloody complicated to work with.

cheers

I am on mac trying to learn C. I have Eclipse IDE for C and The Xcode IDE. It's a bit hard to teach yourself....

I want to learn C and Perl.

C and perl is quite hard, but like once you got C your level of understanding computer language go up quite abit, then you'd find C++ so bloody easy its not funny. Wanna a hard one? go to Assembly and or hexicdemical its mad skillz really tedious and time consuming is what makes is hard!

Back