Random Vents.....

Son of Gun...I was pourin mix gas in trimmer gas tank and my aggressive rottweiler bit and pulled the trimmer..made a mess.. she likes to "work" too.. :lol:

EDIT: Ax Men wasnt aired last night b/c of Titanic celebrate 100 yrs...(bunch of shit)

What works for me is to write a list and cross things off as I put them in my cart.

That's my method as well... Plus we have one of those magnetized tablets on the fridge and we jot down items as we see we are low when we make something for a meal. Helps us not to run out of things. :P But on occasion we forget to take the list. :laugh2:

My baby is learning bad habits from the dog. Now both the dog and the baby beg for whatever I happen to be holding at the time. Especially if it's cheese. He's napping right now but a few minutes ago I was throwing a nylabone for Levi (the dog) and he would bring it back and drop it at my feet right? Well we got bored with it and then the baby comes with the bone wanting me to throw it for him! hahaha... Seriously though.. is this okay??
Don't worry.. I feed the baby. He get's plenty but he isn't allowed to have certain things like popcorn, peanut butter.. etc.

:lol: When our DD (daughter) was small, she was part of the "pack" with our two big dogs, a German Shepherd/Lab mix and our Norwegian Elkhound. We drew the line at sharing food, though! Otherwise they were great play companions and very gentle with our DD. :aw:

Is it me making a mountain out of a molehill of not? It drives me up a wall when the only topics of conversation over our dinner table that hubby will start involve: 1- wrestling 2- Star Trek or 3- old country music singers.

Is it me making a mountain out of a molehill of not? It drives me up a wall when the only topics of conversation over our dinner table that hubby will start involve: 1- wrestling 2- Star Trek or 3- old country music singers.

:giggle:...I feel ya....try having dinner everyday with 2 teenagers....I ask..."anything happened today....what did you do?....answer:..."Nothing, Same thing".....

It's you. I only talk about small dog breeds. :wave:

:P

I know this person who is a friend/acquaintance. She has a profoundly deaf son who also has autism. They recently moved, and I often worry about the little guy. They sign a bit, but aren't as consistent with it as they should be. It frustrates the hell out of me. I make comments here and there, but I need to he cautios in what I say. I just wish there was a switch in her head that I could flip, do she understood how important it is for him to he surrounded by people who are at least proficient in sign. I can only do what I can do, and at a certain point I need to let it go. But it's hard.

Wirelessly posted

Cool, found this thread :) anyone needs to let something off there chest this is the place heehee

I had an incident with my sis in law , she's a grown up bully no joke. A woman at her age 40, acting like a 15 year old is unacceptable. I asked her something in a kind manner. She walked over to me, came in my face and said , " I don't like how asked me !" i said , back off!! She ddin't I did the adult thing , walk away from foolishness .

Erg...here's a long one. More of an RHU kinda rant, but I figure I'm safer posting here.

My store is currently without a Store Manager, and so a salaried manager from nearby Big Store is essentially babysitting our Little Store until new Store Manager is hired and takes over. As it turns out, over at Big Store, upper management basically does office work, while over at my place, we all do the floor work, customer service, etc. That is, since we have a smaller staff, we all do more work than most management at Big Store.

Babysitter has been sheer crap since he got here a month ago. When we've been slammed and needed another manager on register, he point blank refused to do so. He doesn't handle money at all, which means if he closes, he does the daily inventory...which half the time he decides doesn't need doing for whatever reason. He sometimes listens to an internet radio station when he's in the office, which is something of a no-no given our internet policy.

Not to mention dude's communication skills are crap and/or can't be trusted to just answer honestly. For instance, he was babbling about one of our weekly procedures not being something he likes, and he doesn't get why we do it.

Me: "Well, did you look up in Searchable Company Database why we should do it?"
Him: "Yeah, there's nothing there."

Lo and behold, I did a search to check, with the most basic search term possible, and indeed, found exactly what he said didn't exist, printed it out, and left it for him to read, with the relevant passages highlighted.

And what mostly gets my goat...A month ago we had an employee who didn't come in for her shift, and was supposed to be terminated (while otherwise awesome, her attendance was crap). He has done absolutely shit on this issue so far as I can tell, and while she is no longer scheduled and is under the impression she was fired, she still shows up on our payroll, which means that all those little incidentals that we pay out for each employee, like Workers Comp, are higher than they need to be since she hasn't technically been fired.

While I'm wary of getting a Store Manager who is Genuinely Awful to replace our simply Negligently Inert baby-sitter, I can't wait to see him leave. As it is, we were supposed to get an announcement last week, but guess who is sitting on their hands at the corporate office?

i just found out the half wit cop who reduced me and my daughter to tears is the same bitch who came down hard on poor girl in my street who took her life and her three children lives,this poor girl was in a very black space in her life she beg cop protect her and help her they turned away just threaten her as trouble maker,her poor face book reads like tortured woman tear heart out.......these cops in my town got take lessons how to be human our town is disgusted up in arms with cops,...i myself lost all respect for this towns police

i just found out the half wit cop who reduced me and my daughter to tears is the same bitch who came down hard on poor girl in my street who took her life and her three children lives,this poor girl was in a very black space in her life she beg cop protect her and help her they turned away just threaten her as trouble maker,her poor face book reads like tortured woman tear heart out.......these cops in my town got take lessons how to be human our town is disgusted up in arms with cops,...i myself lost all respect for this towns police

That's very sad

Wirelessly posted

I am praying this will stop, me visiting this thread about my immature sister in law. She has no shame what so ever, she moved in to take charge! Enough is enough, my priority stand to make good decisions and move on with my life, away from nonsense. We have enough things happening in the world and she brings on trouble in the house. No shame!

I feel under impressive that I was told that you can't be part of the Deaf community if you're not a feminist. :mad: I feel sorry for a few Deaf non-feminist friends of mine... Sighs.

I have never heard of this before. That is not the way the Deaf community do that to you or anyone who are new to the Deaf community. It does not matter if you are feminist or not. That does not make sense at all. I am very disappointed at that. **shaking my head** No way. :mad:

Just had a neighbor complain about me walking my dog. My dog was on the leash, we were working on training and reinforcing "heel" and were across the street from this man. Deacon never moved from my side. Out of nowhere, his dog (not leashed) comes tearing down the yard and it's all he can do to get her to stop. He is elderly as is the dog. Then, he just starts in on me for disrupting his quiet time. I mean, come on!! I was not in his yard. I did not call his dog. Deacon never barked or did anything and was on his leash with full harness on.

Ignore him. He sounds like a crab. If you're following all dog laws (leash, etc.) then you are entitled to be outside with your dog. Some people are just plain loony.

Just had a neighbor complain about me walking my dog. My dog was on the leash, we were working on training and reinforcing "heel" and were across the street from this man. Deacon never moved from my side. Out of nowhere, his dog (not leashed) comes tearing down the yard and it's all he can do to get her to stop. He is elderly as is the dog. Then, he just starts in on me for disrupting his quiet time. I mean, come on!! I was not in his yard. I did not call his dog. Deacon never barked or did anything and was on his leash with full harness on.

I took Marty to the state park for walk today. I when to this park as dogs have to be on their leashes , some people had two huge dogs running lose and there where more people breaking the leash law. It piss me off as there are parks that do allowed dogs to run lose and people can bring their dogs there and let people enjoy a walk in the park without having to worry about a 80 lbs. dog brothering them while walking a 20 lbs. dog.

I have never heard of this before. That is not the way the Deaf community do that to you or anyone who are new to the Deaf community. It does not matter if you are feminist or not. That does not make sense at all. I am very disappointed at that. **shaking my head** No way. :mad:

Yes, right. It seems feminism is the most important to Deaf community, considering feminism is also part of equality. You know most Deaf persons favor of equality. Always. It seems being a non-feminist is frowned upon... It's kinda no different from hardcore feminists would say it is oxymoron to be a feminist if you're Republican, pro-life, stay-at-home moms, and etc. =/

KarissaMann05 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bebonang

I have never heard of this before. That is not the way the Deaf community do that to you or anyone who are new to the Deaf community. It does not matter if you are feminist or not. That does not make sense at all. I am very disappointed at that. **shaking my head** No way.

Yes, right. It seems feminism is the most important to Deaf community, considering feminism is also part of equality. You know most Deaf persons favor of equality. Always. It seems being a non-feminist is frowned upon... It's kinda no different from hardcore feminists would say it is oxymoron to be a feminist if you're Republican, pro-life, stay-at-home moms, and etc. =/

It depends on what form or stage of feminism you're talking about. I imagine virtually all of us are on board with First Wave feminism, the Suffragettes of the 1850s to the 1920s. I'd consider polemicist Ann Coulter and conservative Phyllis Schlafly (spelling?) part of this group. It is when feminism merged with other political interests in 60s that the movement started leaving more Americans behind (can't really speak for our international members). So while the activist wing of the deaf community may be in lockstep with modern feminism, I'd hazard a guess that they constitute a minority of dead folks overall.

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

Back