Random Vents.....

i am not sure if you bought the stamp before that day they started to increase one cent. then you should be ok. I THINK!!!!!

So if I mail out a birthday card tomorrow, what happens? I only have 44 cent stamps. Do I need to get 1 cent stamps in addition?
yeah need one cent stamp. I am not sure about city but I carry one cent stamps with me when I see 44 cents then I ask them to give me one cent so I can put it for them. If not then I leave them note need one more cent.

That is why better to ask forever stamps from now on. It is much easier to carry those forever stamps than carry 45 cents stamp.

Yes, you need a 1 cent stamp. The rates already went effective some time ago, if you mail it at 44 cents they will return you the mail with insufficient postage stamped on the letter.

tried going to Urgent Care today to have my throat looked at (swollen tonsils, I think I may have tonsillitis). They tell me they don't deal with patients on Medicare. Won't check them out, treat them, nothing. Seriously?! I even offered to pay with my own money and they still wouldn't take me. bah. Hopefully I can see my doctor tomorrow/soon.
dislike urgent care there. I am sorry.

Yes, you need a 1 cent stamp. The rates already went effective some time ago, if you mail it at 44 cents they will return you the mail with insufficient postage stamped on the letter.

Gosh, ok. I was going to mail out some b-day cards tomorrow from work. I will have to ask how to add on the 1 cent since all I have is 44 cent stamps. I may need to stop at the PO first and get 1 cent stamps first. Hm .. Good thing I found this out!

Another vent for the day. Seems that after I was told at the Post Office to go ahead and start using the new address, I find out today, it's not currently in the system. They won't have it in the system until 2/18. It's no wonder the Post Office is losing money.
U mean forward address to your new address? I get new customers even some of them have not move in thier new addresses and I hold mails till they move in first day then I deliver their mails but for forward address. Depend on how busy the headquarter is. One week is normal for forwarding addresses. We hold mails till we get label then we put the mails in forward then clerk take them in tray to send it with dispatcher then dispacther drive them (3 hours driving) to processing center. Now I heard that place may be closing.

PO is not losing money because of forwarding. They are losing money for other reasons. Gas is one of them,and people paid online instead of send billing in the mails. I dont' blame them for that, i do it sometime.

U mean forward address to your new address? I get new customers even some of them have not move in thier new addresses and I hold mails till they move in first day then I deliver their mails but for forward address. Depend on how busy the headquarter is. One week is normal for forwarding addresses. We hold mails till we get label then we put the mails in forward then clerk take them in tray to send it with dispatcher then dispacther drive them (3 hours driving) to processing center. Now I heard that place may be closing.

PO is not losing money because of forwarding. They are losing money for other reasons. Gas is one of them,and people paid online instead of send billing in the mails. I dont' blame them for that, i do it sometime.

This has changed over the years. I remember when if it was in town it was switched locally. I moved twice in the 1970's once next door and then across town. I kept the same carrier when I moved next door and as I remember it just turned in change of address to the individual places I got regular mail from but my carrier left anything I had missed just from knowing me. When I moved across town I did turn in change of address with Post Office.

Then in the 1980's the gal that lived under me moved out of state and I took that apartment. Each apt. had an outside door and individual street address. A year later I found a house to buy in this same town and did turn in change of address then.

None of these took as long as it did to get things to friends that moved later when they started having change of address go to a special out of town sorting center and then back.

Also, Jazzy may get a kick out of something that happened many, many years ago. We lived in the downstairs of a two family house and a cousin of my dad's and his family lived upstairs. The two guys happened to have not just the same last name but the same first initial (but a different first name). We did have to exchange some mail just because it was impossible to tell for sure without opening it which it was really for.

Currently there is a house exactly one block away from me with the exact same number but different street name. I do very rarely get something of theirs.

As far as the Post Office completing delivery for other carriers, if it wasn't for the less complete tracking available from the Post Office, I wish firms would just send via the Post Office in the first place! The hand off between the two makes packages take an extra day to get here.

I took a paper in from the Town Hall and also one from the Property Assessors office as well as one from planning & zoning notifying the Post Office of a lot that is having a house number finally. For 50 years it was either an empty lot, or a garage for the lot next door. This paper had the legal play info as well and the correct addresses. I took them in 1 month ago expecting this to be ready. Well, they only changed MIL's address and did not "create" or whatever they do, the new lot address. I finally created a MAJOR stink over this and they got it taken care of, but we can't use it until the 18th. I love our postal carrier very much as he is extremely patient and wonderful. We were saddened to know that he is retiring this year. He has run this same route for 40 years. The new carrier has been doing this route for the last 5 years while the regular guy was either on vacation or medical leave. So, at least we will get someone who already knows us.

We live in a really small, backward, rural area. When we moved here 8 or 9 years ago, a friend asked for our address to mail us a package and we gave it to him. But we also said that this place is so small that if he just addressed it with our names on the package, we'd get it.

He did that- no address, just all nine of our names. The post office delivered it.

I also used to live in a place in the country where we told people our address was 'last house on the left, south of the post office.' UPS delivered our mail that way.

Hint, either sunglasses or closing your eyes might be a good idea. I personally like the closing your eyes best because that way if something really bad is coming at ya, you don't see it and therefore have no worries. It makes for a really nice and worry free afternoon!

:lol:

I closed my eyes walkin around and hurried back to my room. It's pitch black b/c of black out curtains. :rockon:

speaking of mail.. I ordered a DVD set on Amazon (well preordered it last Aug.). Was sent out after Christmas... via FedEx. Then package ends up with USPS... But the package took forEVER to get to me. It was at our local post office for like a week (I checked the tracking status often). Then boom it was being sorted in Denver, then back into town for delivery. What the..?! The delivery system makes no sense to me sometimes.

I took a paper in from the Town Hall and also one from the Property Assessors office as well as one from planning & zoning notifying the Post Office of a lot that is having a house number finally. For 50 years it was either an empty lot, or a garage for the lot next door. This paper had the legal play info as well and the correct addresses. I took them in 1 month ago expecting this to be ready. Well, they only changed MIL's address and did not "create" or whatever they do, the new lot address. I finally created a MAJOR stink over this and they got it taken care of, but we can't use it until the 18th. I love our postal carrier very much as he is extremely patient and wonderful. We were saddened to know that he is retiring this year. He has run this same route for 40 years. The new carrier has been doing this route for the last 5 years while the regular guy was either on vacation or medical leave. So, at least we will get someone who already knows us.
I feel bad for some people who live outside the boundary and I am not allowed to deliver their mails. They have to use PO Boxes. One clerk at my work place called the area dead zone area. Some people live way out there and have to drive all the way to our town to pick their mails up. Your lucky you got it even thou it takes awhile. I remember one of my customer with only one with the street name, took them one year to get thru property assessor and they had to use their parents address too. They live next door to each other. Now I deliver their mails for 2 years even thou they live there couple of years. I get it. Remember Monday Feb 20th is holiday. No mails. I will be working long hours on Tuesday next week and I am sorry my customers have to wait later the day to get their own mails. Hours have been cut so we squeeze to within hours but impossible so will work till dark. Used to come in 7 am to start the day now we come in at 8:30 am. We had to fight to start early the day alike next Tuesday. In May things will be change so we see when and what time trucks come in because some plants will be closed. Others will have to go one plants, it will be full and mails will be delay. I am not happy about that but budget cut is necessary.

speaking of mail.. I ordered a DVD set on Amazon (well preordered it last Aug.). Was sent out after Christmas... via FedEx. Then package ends up with USPS... But the package took forEVER to get to me. It was at our local post office for like a week (I checked the tracking status often). Then boom it was being sorted in Denver, then back into town for delivery. What the..?! The delivery system makes no sense to me sometimes.
I am not sure about this, I work at small PO with only 5 carriers, one highway contractor and 2 clerks.I wonder if your USPS is large number of employeers? Sometime they hire temps to help them out during holiday rush. Sometime they take vacation time off and let temps do the work, not 100 percent accurate with their jobs because they may be new at this jobs. I do not know. I only know my work and people I work with.

This has changed over the years. I remember when if it was in town it was switched locally. I moved twice in the 1970's once next door and then across town. I kept the same carrier when I moved next door and as I remember it just turned in change of address to the individual places I got regular mail from but my carrier left anything I had missed just from knowing me. When I moved across town I did turn in change of address with Post Office.

Then in the 1980's the gal that lived under me moved out of state and I took that apartment. Each apt. had an outside door and individual street address. A year later I found a house to buy in this same town and did turn in change of address then.

None of these took as long as it did to get things to friends that moved later when they started having change of address go to a special out of town sorting center and then back.

Also, Jazzy may get a kick out of something that happened many, many years ago. We lived in the downstairs of a two family house and a cousin of my dad's and his family lived upstairs. The two guys happened to have not just the same last name but the same first initial (but a different first name). We did have to exchange some mail just because it was impossible to tell for sure without opening it which it was really for.

Currently there is a house exactly one block away from me with the exact same number but different street name. I do very rarely get something of theirs.

As far as the Post Office completing delivery for other carriers, if it wasn't for the less complete tracking available from the Post Office, I wish firms would just send via the Post Office in the first place! The hand off between the two makes packages take an extra day to get here.

Once in awhile I made mistakes by misdeliever. When I do that, I cussed at myself. Okay. I sometime leave them a card to fill out who live in the house and if they want their packages to be deliever at their house or leave at PO. Some people does not bother so sometime I am guessing if this person live that house or not. It is hard when you have so many names to one address.

I sometime have to remind my fill in about people who moved away and need to be forward. Now interest part about one name, I got this for instance number is 8558 and 8557 with same street and same last name but first name is different. I have no house with number 8557 so I thought someone made mistake with this number so I put 8557 into 8558 mailbox. Guess what, this guy said those mails are not his. It took weeks before I finally found out 8557 belong to other street, not my route. Still to this day some company alike bank keep send this to my tray 8557 so I gave them to other carrier. It is pain in the neck sometime.

Anyway gotta to take break and go out to dinner. Thank you for your input. I sometime need to hear from others.

Once in awhile I made mistakes by misdeliever. When I do that, I cussed at myself. Okay. I sometime leave them a card to fill out who live in the house and if they want their packages to be deliever at their house or leave at PO. Some people does not bother so sometime I am guessing if this person live that house or not. It is hard when you have so many names to one address.

I sometime have to remind my fill in about people who moved away and need to be forward. Now interest part about one name, I got this for instance number is 8558 and 8557 with same street and same last name but first name is different. I have no house with number 8557 so I thought someone made mistake with this number so I put 8557 into 8558 mailbox. Guess what, this guy said those mails are not his. It took weeks before I finally found out 8557 belong to other street, not my route. Still to this day some company alike bank keep send this to my tray 8557 so I gave them to other carrier. It is pain in the neck sometime.

Anyway gotta to take break and go out to dinner. Thank you for your input. I sometime need to hear from others.

I would think with such sophisticated sorting that this would be less of a headache.

So I'm new to the site, saw this vent thread. :)

I'm super annoyed that every time I mention to someone I know that I'm learning sign language they look at me like I'm stupid or something. Is there something wrong with wanting to learn sign language? :(

^^^ No, you're just coming across too many knuckeheads.

Well I am hoping to make friends here. :D Better my sign language skills as well.

S.O.B.!!! Where all the ladybugs coming from? Anybody have this problem or Im very unlucky? Probably has to do with livin in deep woods? Grrrrrrrrr... They up all night and die durin the day. :lol:

Back