Random Vents.....

Its how they make conversation. Is all. It's also widely discussed.

Person A: "Boy... you will never guess what happened to me today..!"

Person B is then forced to say "I have totally no idea, what happened to you?

Deaf way: They tell you the story from the get go.

Agree! Hearies need understand get to point! Sheesh. You want attention, just say give me attention please. No need pussyfoot around, try force people want conversation.

Its how they make conversation. Is all. It's also widely discussed.

Person A: "Boy... you will never guess what happened to me today..!"

Person B is then forced to say "I have totally no idea, what happened to you?

Deaf way: They tell you the story from the get go.

yes i does agreeing with you. i am noticing, hearing people not same way communication style as deafs people. deafs people never wasting time for talk about story. hearing waste our time talk too fuck long until tell us real story. also, deafie rarely put sugar on word bec they very honest!!!! some hearing scare for being blunt.

CSign...

I am going to be nice to you this time. The only reason for that is that I suspect that you're genuine and really do not know what you've gotten yourself into. I have reached to the conclusion of suspicion due to me being informed of you PMing several members about me and trying to get them to see "how mean I am" and such. That's okay.

What we have here is two worlds colliding. And sadly - you don't even see it at all.

Allow me to demonstrate...

You came here and created this original post.

Naturally, we replied with your posting history in mind. Your present stance does not matter. People have mentioned that you've been trying to change and stuff lately. But they also have mentioned that you've bit a bit too much to chew when you started out posting here.

Now, allow me to introduce you to AllDeaf.com. This is a forum mainly for the Deaf people. (You guys who feel that you're deaf, shut the hell up. There's none of you that are deaf.)

The reason I brought the "Deaf people forum" up is because you made that post with a hearing perspective. The hearing perspective that I see is the "I'm going to make this ambiguous post and have people ask me for more information." Hearing people work like that naturally. There is nothing wrong about that. But again, this is a Deaf forum. Give us all the information, already. Quite frankly, I'm tired of the hearing perspective here. Remember this, Point A.

After quite a few posters squabbling back and forth about your post. Please take note, it garnered world-wide attention. You had posters from all over the United States of America and International posters chiming in on your post, congratulations. You brought this post in:

Another unclear post designed towards the hearing audience. Totally evading everything. Only if you said something like "Geez, what's wrong with people on Facebook saying that their kid has a 105.7 degree fever and they elect not to go to the doctor!" If you had said that in point "A" I showed you earlier... None of the squabbles would have had happened. However, we have reached point B. This was also your chance to swoop in and tell us all "My bad, I did not include more information. The family did not go to the doctors, blah blah." That would have shifted the whole thing into your favor, but you chose not to do that.

After a bit more discussion you come in with this post:

"I have totallly noooo idea about anything!!!" "Woe is me..." Come on. Seriously, come on. This game has been played out so much... The cards are already fading and falling apart in it's own fiber structures...

And you wonder why I don't like you much at all.

Once you cater to the Deaf perspective around here which is getting to the point then things would be solved with NO issues.

Allow me to give you an example of reframing your vents so you can improve your experience here at AllDeaf.com.

Scenario 1:

AD Squabble - then you come back with:

---OR--

instead of:

People will start feeling less quizzical towards you. They will offer up less animosity. When you resort to sarcasm - people don't exactly appreciate it after a "hearing perspective post". After all to this point - we STILL do not even know if the kid has been to the doctors. Trust me on this: when you back up a little and fill us in, we will not judge you. We respect people who have a set and let us know that they were in the wrong. (Hint: life gets a LOT easier here after that break-in happens.)

Scenario 2:

I know.. I know... It was a vent. And the above scenario would probably have not been likely to happen. But that is the exact example of what a good post for the forum here would look like. You then would have never received the "Announcing an upcoming rib roast." post from me, some resistance from other posters because you left out vital information. In this scenario you would have gotten people to ask you questions and probably more than likely offers to help. Then you would have never had to resort to the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th post you made in this matter.

Now... Do you know if the kid has seen a doctor? Do you know if the mother has called the doctor? Do you know if the kid is currently in good hands?

The reason I am not too worried - my kid did have a 105 degree fever while she was a baby - and her doctor said that it was okay and told us what to do at home. So I didn't have to go in. Too bad Facebook did not exist at the time. Different strokes for different folks. No need to go all "WTF" over things like that. You grew up in an era where you were exposed to lead paint, unrestricted gun rights, asbestos, etc and lived to tell about it.

Wow..just wow!

"The hearing perspective that I see is the "I'm going to make this ambiguous post and have people ask me for more information." Hearing people work like that naturally."

Interesting perspective PFH. When you have a minute could you expand on this. Do you feel hearing people are naturally ambiguous when they speak or post online? If so, why do you think that is? :hmm:

In real life, people in the hearing culture tend to beat around the bush while people in Deaf culture are more straightforward and blunt. I was raised in the hearing world and got involved in the Deaf culture about 11 years ago. I see a BIG difference.

Just a FYI. CSign has seen that post. Her action was expected. She did not reply to it, and headed out to the deaf ed forum.

No "Alright, thanks for the information, i'll try to better myself" post.

Not surprised here.

Just a FYI. CSign has seen that post. Her action was expected. She did not reply to it, and headed out to the deaf ed forum.

No "Alright, thanks for the information, i'll try to better myself" post.

Not surprised here.

Just got out of a movie and scanned through that lengthy post. I can't respond now. Once I'm home I'll be able to read and respond.

One thing I will say now is that I haven't PM'd anyone about you PFH. I did respond to another member who sent me a PM regarding you though. They didn't think the way you were communicating with me was appropriate. Perhaps that's what you are talking about.

I suppose I should be flattered you spent that much time thinking and writing about me. :ty:

Last edited:
Just got out of a movie and scanned through that length post. I can't respond now as I'm going to pick up my boys. Once I'm home I'll be able to read and respond.

One thing I will say now is that I haven't PM'd anyone about you PFH. I did respond to another member who sent me a PM regarding you though. They didn't think the way you were communicating with me was appropriate. Perhaps that's what you are talking about.

I suppose I should be flattered you spent that much time thinking and writing about me. :ty:

he was explaining things... the Deaf way... hearies don't understand the deaf way...

It's official. City of Columbus,OH breaks rainfall record in modern history. Over 53.5 inches of rain this yr and more comin tomorrow. Grrrrrr...

Let it be snow,Let it be snow, Let it be snow. Frosty the Snowman sings that song.

yes it is... between an hour and an hour and a half each way every day...

That's ugly. I used to do that myself and gave up that job. I worked there 3 years, loved it, HATED the commute. And in the winter, it was easily a 3 hour commute each way if it so much as snowed or rained. Sigh. Sorry you are having to endure that.

*Feeling really bad :(

I was really stressed about some things yesterday, and I kinda lashed out at my friend. I did not mean to, he just messaged me at the wrong time on my messenger and I feel really bad. He is not online anymore, so I cannot tell him I am sorry. I feel like such a jerk.

All I really am going to say is this:

This thread is, "Random Vents". I had a "random vent" that I felt compelled to share. I gave as much info as I had, and I thought my post was clear that they weren't at the doctor. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear for some people.

I also don't have a, "woe is me" attitude. If I am not clear about something whether it be in real life or this forum, I ask for clarity before I respond or jump to conclusions.

I didn't think an innocuous vent would turn into a hearing vs. deaf issue.

I don't spend my time PM'ing others about other posters, and that includes you PFH. I welcome a PM from you and you can share with me who you are talking about- if there is someone who told you that. If they did, they are full of baloney. You should ask them to forward you (and me) the message they are referring to. Because it doesn't exist.

All I can say is that everyday I try to learn and understand more about the Deaf perspective. That's all I can do. I'm sorry some don't see me for who I really am.

With the smartphones, these days anybody can be posting from anywhere. God knows I do. :)

With the smartphones, these days anybody can be posting from anywhere. God knows I do. :)

These days, the EOL (end of life) of smartphones drive me crazy. A vicious cycle for tech lovers.

The first phone I owned lasted me like 2-3 years.
Then I got my first smartphone in 2009.
Christmas 2010 I upgraded to another smartphone.
In May 2011 I got another one.
Then in August 2011 I got the one I'm using now.

And I'm already drooling over what is going to be released over next year... sigh!

These days, the EOL (end of life) of smartphones drive me crazy. A vicious cycle for tech lovers.

And I'm already drooling over what is going to be released over next year... sigh!

I still don't have a "smartphone" and don't plan on getting one. Now, that's not to say I won't, but I just don't plan on it.

I just bought my 3rd smart phone this year :shock:

Yow! I'm thinking next year of upgrading the "dumb" phone that I've had for about five years to a smart phone.

I decided long ago that I can't keep current with technology.

Black Ice! #$%$#&^&%*&^!!!

I slipped and fell down on snow-covered black ice across undeveloped gravel parking lot near my work. I ended up in hospital with a sprained ankle. :mad:

I will not have to go to work until January 3rd. Nice eh?!

Black Ice! #$%$#&^&%*&^!!!

I slipped and fell down on snow-covered black ice across undeveloped gravel parking lot near my work. I ended up in hospital with a sprained ankle. :mad:

I will not have to go to work until January 3rd. Nice eh?!

Nice about the work not nice about the ankle. Hope it feels better soon :)

Back