Random Vents.....

I want to vent about the gas prices that has gone $1.42 per gallon for my car. I am pissed at the government and the gas station. I had just paid $40.00 for half a tank. They are not going to make the gas prices go down.

For some reason, the government seem to like having us suffer having to foot the gas prices for our cars. This is way too much and I don't like it not one bit. The gas prices will keep on doing this every few days to every week. What is with the Canadian government? I need the car for transportation as we don't have a metro bus in my village. Geeze. :mad:

I'm sure you must mean that you paid $1.42 per litre. A gallon of gas would be much more expensive. Because Libya, a country that produces 2% of the world's oil, is facing a civil war, gas prices have gone up. As far as I'm concerned, it was just an excuse to gouge consumers. We have a 2009 Ford Escape (a "fuel efficient" SUV), and we're spending a little over $70 a week to fill it.

My truck costs $75 to fill up now. Not cool. :mad:

I only make $300/wk. I'm trying to slowly save up for a set of tires. I checked my tires today - won't be too much longer and I'm gonna be needing some front ones for sure! :shock: This $75.00 weekly fill up isn't helping any!

It costs $85 to fill the Expedition, $75 to fill the Explorer and $65 to fill my Mercury Sable. Luckily, the Expedition is not driven a lot, the Explorer can go 2 weeks between fill ups and my can can usually go 2 weeks between fill ups. Hubby only has to drive 8 miles one way to get to work.

My lunchbox only costs $36 to fill up and I only fill it up like every 10 days. I guess it was a blessing that my SUV got stolen?

I only make $300/wk. I'm trying to slowly save up for a set of tires. I checked my tires today - won't be too much longer and I'm gonna be needing some front ones for sure! :shock: This $75.00 weekly fill up isn't helping any!

Is that before or after taxes?

Gee, for us, hubby's take home pay is between $185 and $240 a week. Depending on the hours he works.

Wirelessly posted

It appears a time period for us to struggle to make ends meet. People can't afford rent etc.. there are jobs out there but no one is hiring or competitive.

Why is it when I have finally gotten relaxed, I have to start something and get all stressed or whatever. Got myself cooled off and relaxed and hubby asks me to empty the closet so he can get to the attic to put stuff up there. Now I get relaxed again, and I have to put the stuff back into the closet, fix dinner and make his sandwiches for the week. Ugh!!

Why is it when I have finally gotten relaxed, I have to start something and get all stressed or whatever. Got myself cooled off and relaxed and hubby asks me to empty the closet so he can get to the attic to put stuff up there. Now I get relaxed again, and I have to put the stuff back into the closet, fix dinner and make his sandwiches for the week. Ugh!!

I know that feeling, you will get to relax later at least :)

Kristina, what series are you reading? I find that annoying too. If the librarian who orders the books thought that more than half the books in the series are worth having in the collection, the library should order everything, IMHO. Any chance of an inter-library loan?

Kristina, what series are you reading? I find that annoying too. If the librarian who orders the books thought that more than half the books in the series are worth having in the collection, the library should order everything, IMHO. Any chance of an inter-library loan?

Well - I was speaking this time about the Vampire Academy series, but it's the same with Beverly Lewis Amish stories, Sookie Stackhouse series, Elm Creek Quilt series, and a variety of others. I like a wide range of genre's but I don't like westerns. I check both our city and county libraries. The county has 17 branches and none of them have the others.

I visited my parents today in their assisted-living center and I was dismayed to see Dad in bed, in pain. A couple evenings ago my sister emailed me, saying that he fell in the dining room. She asked the LPN what happened, and he said that he was "just a couple steps away" from Dad when he fell. She asked him what time it happened, and he said at seven. Huh??? What the heck was Dad doing in the dining room in a dining chair at seven? I think he tried to get up to go to his bedroom when he fell. I wanted to rip the LPN a new one, but he didn't report to his shift by the time I left. I will certainly have a "talk" with him about messing up my dad's health and happiness, and I will ask him if he got his license out of a Cracker Jack box.

Wirelessly posted

It appears a time period for us to struggle to make ends meet. People can't afford rent etc.. there are jobs out there but no one is hiring or competitive.

No wonder we might become homeless if nothing can do about anything about prices on those material things like rent or own a place, food, gas prices if we have cars, and struggle paying the bills. Finding a job is bad enough if we have to have the education like required to must qualified career or job (it is almost like certified in order to get hire for a job that we want). :(

Funny, how immature my sister-in-law can be to write about me on her fb comments :lol: I didn't steep her level to write about her what for? She's a waste of my time and energy.

Why oh why does this always happen?!! You get interested in a book at the library and are ready for the next one in the series only to find that they don't have them all. I mean, I just finished book 1, book 2 is not in any of the branches. It's not even in the online catalog, but books 3-6 are there, 7 & 8 are not but 9-11 are. Does this make sense? I have a hard time finding something to read. I love to read just to relax and escape, but it's so hard finding things I like.
Inter-library loan.

Well - I was speaking this time about the Vampire Academy series, but it's the same with Beverly Lewis Amish stories, Sookie Stackhouse series, Elm Creek Quilt series, and a variety of others. I like a wide range of genre's but I don't like westerns. I check both our city and county libraries. The county has 17 branches and none of them have the others.
Books sometimes are borrowed for longer than they are loaned out.

Inter-library loan.

I asked about that and the response was "We don't participate." Then they said that the books that are missing are ones that were never returned after 3 years they are removed from the card catalog (internet based).

my vent for the day i had to see my ex g/f blah.... she wanted some more... lol at least we can get along with that!!! lol

Back