Random Vents.....

Hand is better today. Maybe it was from too much ASL for 6 hours straight. lol

Whew! Thansk for your concerns. :)

Hmmm, could your hand rip out the lungs of certain nurses? I got my eye on a couple nurses who are supposed to be watching after and taking care of my dad. Last weekend I swear I saw him cringe when one of them came into the room.
In a sour mood, I guess. :lol:

Dammit, my hand is tingling and feeling numb..I hope that is not a sign of my heart problems returning. That was one of the first signs which lead me to a week's stay at the hospital. My heart seems to be beating fine ...wait and see. Geez!!! I just got through the trauma with my daughter..I dont need this shit.

:(

I hope this is a false alarm but you never know and I'd want check it out with the doctor. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

I hope my new bed is not the cause of my latest issues. For the last 3 days I have been having serious issues with muscle problems in my neck and right shoulder. We have used heating pads, Icy Hot gel, and a massager wand and nothing is helping. The bed sits higher than we are used to and I had to move my fan since it was a little close to me (night sweats, gotta love getting older). Hubby is sleeping well, but I just can't seem to get any sleep and then I get up with this excruciating pain.

Could it be a herniated disk or pinched nerve in your neck? When my 2 herniated disks act up the symptoms you describe is exactly what I have. Ya should see if you can have it checked out just in case.

I hope that's all it is. (That's bad enough but at least it's survivable.)

Hmmm, could your hand rip out the lungs of certain nurses? I got my eye on a couple nurses who are supposed to be watching after and taking care of my dad. Last weekend I swear I saw him cringe when one of them came into the room.
In a sour mood, I guess. :lol:
Oh, no! I hope those nurses aren't mistreating or neglecting your dad.

Yes, keep an eye on them.

I hope my new bed is not the cause of my latest issues. For the last 3 days I have been having serious issues with muscle problems in my neck and right shoulder. We have used heating pads, Icy Hot gel, and a massager wand and nothing is helping. The bed sits higher than we are used to and I had to move my fan since it was a little close to me (night sweats, gotta love getting older). Hubby is sleeping well, but I just can't seem to get any sleep and then I get up with this excruciating pain.
That's the problem with getting older; it's often a process of elimination to determine the cause of an ailment.

Like others posted, it could be a pinched nerve, the cold air from the fan hitting one spot, bursitis (especially since you do a lot of chores), the angle at which you sleep, stress, etc. I hope you get if figured out soon.

Dammit, my hand is tingling and feeling numb..I hope that is not a sign of my heart problems returning. That was one of the first signs which lead me to a week's stay at the hospital. My heart seems to be beating fine ...wait and see. Geez!!! I just got through the trauma with my daughter..I dont need this shit.

:(

what trauma with your daughter?

I am grateful that the only trauma I have right now is my ankle that I twisted a little over a month ago. It is still bothering me some. At worst it will just continue to be a minor discomfort, however if I roll it again like I did that day I am very likely to tear or break something.

Shel, I hope your heart issues are not returning!

Beowulf, I would watch those nurses carefully and ask your dad about them.

I feel at times, where I want to fall off the face of the earth. I just have to keep on going for things to improve somehow.

I feel at times, where I want to fall off the face of the earth. I just have to keep on going for things to improve somehow.

That is me totally today. I just want to crawl into a hole and be buried forever.

Wirelessly posted

KristinaB said:

That is me totally today. I just want to crawl into a hole and be buried forever.

Yes, good thing we can vent here :lol: All we can do is hope things get better. Hang in there :hug:

I feel like I'm always in pain and sometimes I can't ignore it at all - on those days I don't want to walk on my feet and do cooking when I need to eat healthy mealsl. Sometimes the pain from my ulcer is so bad that the hydrocodon doesn't dull the pain but it does calm me down. The nurse who comes to my apt has noticed that it isn't always effective dealing with my pain. At least it isn't infected and that's the good part.

I'm oozing so much stuff from my leg they're talking about using a body vacuum on me. I don't want to go thru that again. :shock:

A good day for me is when I don't have to take pain meds at all. '

I just want it to end.

/vent

PS I'm not dropping anymore sewing machines on my leg. :P

Getting old? yeah right! day by day! Secret in keeping "young"? Thanks to Bottesini: old age doesn't like to swim. How long will this work-to age 100?

Swim every day and remain "younger"! Next swim appointment-11.30am-today!

Implanted Advanced bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Getting old? yeah right! day by day! Secret in keeping "young"? Thanks to Bottesini: old age doesn't like to swim. How long will this work-to age 100?

Swim every day and remain "younger"! Next swim appointment-11.30am-today!

Implanted Advanced bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Did I say old people don't swim? I think it is great exercise.

I like to walk . :lol:

Bottesini: One can walk as well as swim to help old age away. You are right-one isn't old till 100 ( except of course-for pension purposes!)

I can appreciate having a herd of hounds-does keep one hopping! Prof SKY doesn't like to walk very much-just chase mice and sleep!

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

My sister in law is a diabetic, she tosses her syringes in the kitchen garbage:mad2: So , unsanitary! I don't win here too!

My sister in law is a diabetic, she tosses her syringes in the kitchen garbage:mad2: So , unsanitary! I don't win here too!

Unsanitary and dangerous. You need to get her a 'sharps receptacle' like they use in the doctor's offices. When it is full, you seal it and then dispose of the interior box that holds the syringes into the trash. Much more sanitary and not as dangerous. You might want to check your local laws to see if it's even legal to dispose of syringes into the trash. Some cities require that you have a sharps receptacle and when it is full you place it in a sealed bag and take it to the hospital for proper disposal as it can be considered bio-hazardous waste.

Unsanitary and dangerous. You need to get her a 'sharps receptacle' like they use in the doctor's offices. When it is full, you seal it and then dispose of the interior box that holds the syringes into the trash. Much more sanitary and not as dangerous. You might want to check your local laws to see if it's even legal to dispose of syringes into the trash. Some cities require that you have a sharps receptacle and when it is full you place it in a sealed bag and take it to the hospital for proper disposal as it can be considered bio-hazardous waste.

I know , she needs a sharps container. She told my dad she cut the needle off:shock: I never win here! I ought to toss my kotex see how they like it:laugh2:

I know , she needs a sharps container. She told my dad she cut the needle off:shock: I never win here! I ought to toss my kotex see how they like it:laugh2:

What does she do with the needle? If it goes in trash to it is even more dangerous as you cannot see it hidden in the trash. You find yourself poked by someone elses needle. Ewww. :shock:

Back