Random Vents.....

I don't have cats but I do have a 7 y/o that wants to use the computer when I'm actually trying to do something important such as paying bills online. Any other time she would rather be playing with her own toys or listening

I don't have cats but I do have a 7 y/o that wants to use the computer when I'm actually trying to do something important such as paying bills online. Any other time she would rather be playing with her own toys or listening

I used to have one but now I don't have one anymore.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Is it time for a new kitty?

Tired of cleaning up and my family making a mess afterwards . I dont care if they make a mess but clean it up immediately!

If I could I would have all three flavors of Labrador Retriever! :D

Right now, thinking of my son just boils the blood in my system. He had already agreed to cook for the family this evening as I knew I would not be here. Well, after I left, he decided he did not want to cook, and so my mother tried. Now, keep in mind, she has not cooked much in the last 3 years. She tends to burn things. If I have her take care of dinner, I always have a frozen dinner for the oven. Well, she mis-measured the rice, then did not follow the cooking directions that I had listed out, step by step for son. I get home, they have not eaten. She explains and I look at the rice. It looked a lot like tapioca pudding, but she put in too much salt. The canned beef chow-mien, was done and turned off. So, I had to throw out the poor excuse of a pot of rice and cook elbow macaroni since hubby was very hungry. They are just now sitting down to dinner/ Hubby does not know how to cook and daughter was not here for me to ask her.

Right now, thinking of my son just boils the blood in my system. He had already agreed to cook for the family this evening as I knew I would not be here. Well, after I left, he decided he did not want to cook, and so my mother tried. Now, keep in mind, she has not cooked much in the last 3 years. She tends to burn things. If I have her take care of dinner, I always have a frozen dinner for the oven. Well, she mis-measured the rice, then did not follow the cooking directions that I had listed out, step by step for son. I get home, they have not eaten. She explains and I look at the rice. It looked a lot like tapioca pudding, but she put in too much salt. The canned beef chow-mien, was done and turned off. So, I had to throw out the poor excuse of a pot of rice and cook elbow macaroni since hubby was very hungry. They are just now sitting down to dinner/ Hubby does not know how to cook and daughter was not here for me to ask her.

I can see why you are annoyed by your son. One thing I would like to point out if I may. I am thinking that at least your mother tried, even tho she has history of not doing well. She could have done nothing. Might help relations if you say thanks to your MIL for at least trying. Might a be good idea to not try again next time tho. :)

Just a thought I had.

And I would also have a 'come to Jesus' meeting with the son. That was just totally not cool.

My 17 yr. old thinks he's a chef...he's helpful at times, but tends to over salt everything. It's either too much garlic salt, seasoned salt or soul food seasoning....he can make some mean Subs, tho'....But the mess he makes is even worse!...But I'm sure he won't starve to death whenever he decides to move out and cook on his own....

I hate it that my iPhone OS update takes four hours to download. Gah.

Going totally voice-off has been a gradual process with my family. I got as far as mid-afternoon yesterday going totally voice off, I was starting to feel very satisfied....that is until one of my family decided to ask me a deep question about what the Bible says....and since my signing is still in the elementary stages, I had to revert to using my voice.....aargh! At least, the time is getting longer at every attempt....there's hope still. :-P

I hate it that my iPhone OS update takes four hours to download. Gah.

That isn't right. Something must be up on your end. Mine only takes about 45 minutes. I've got the same phone you do. Hm...

Well - I was planning on taking nights off here at AD and catch up on some DVD's. We got Stargate Atlantis Season 3 from the library. Problem is, all the disks are so scratched up, they will not play. Very frustrating to get this, but also expected from a library.

That isn't right. Something must be up on your end. Mine only takes about 45 minutes. I've got the same phone you do. Hm...

Possibly. Our Internet was acting funny last night, it seems to have resolved itself today.

Tired of cleaning up and my family making a mess afterwards . I dont care if they make a mess but clean it up immediately!

I have "House Rules" posted in my kitchen since my nephew and his daughter started living with me.

"If you eat off of it, rinse it an put it in the dishwasher. (If the dishwasher is full, either run it or empty it.)"

"If you get it out, put it away".

"If you make a mess, clean it up."

"Penalties for not following house rules will be severe."

I have "House Rules" posted in my kitchen since my nephew and his daughter started living with me.

"If you eat off of it, rinse it an put it in the dishwasher. (If the dishwasher is full, either run it or empty it.)"

"If you get it out, put it away".

"If you make a mess, clean it up."

"Penalties for not following house rules will be severe."
What sort of penalties do you intend to implement if the rules are broken? If you don't mind me asking.

Back