Raiders player sues breeder over deaf dog

Miss-Delectable

Reaction score
SignOnSanDiego.com > Sports -- Raiders player sues breeder over deaf dog

Because she sold him a bulldog that turned out to be deaf.

Twenty-seven-year-old Robert Thomas claims Catherine Garber of Antioch sold him a deaf English bulldog for $2,500 and refused a refund when he returned the dog.

Garber says the dog was healthy when sold. She says the Raiders linebacker signed a contract with a no-refund clause.

Garber questions the care Thomas provided to the animal. Thomas denies abusing the dog.

The two appeared in Contra Costa Superior Court Wednesday. Commissioner Michael Ranahan took the matter under consideration.

Thomas recently signed a three-year, $6 million contract with the Raiders.

It sounds so wrong. It could happens to him if he gets a deaf daughter or son in future if he ever planning on it.

I wonder what happened to the dog. I would like to have it. Before I have had a deaf dog, and a deaf ferret, and they fit in our household.

This story is four years old. Thomas has been done with football since Sept. of 2009, after going to the Redskins from Oakland.

The instructive part of this story: don't buy your dogs from an "amateur" dog breder, and always insist on a health guarantee. Huge red flag that the breeder had a "no return" clause. A good breeder will guarantee health and will take back one of their own dogs in such a situation. This breeder sounds flaky.

I hope they found a better home for the poor dog.

Wow,die hard Raiders fan here and I dont remember the linebacker. I never heard about it until just now.

Back