Rabbit?

society's_child

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a rabbit as a pet and i'd like to know if anyone around these parts has experience with rabbits. I've never had one before..i've owned dogs, cats and guinea pigs but i'm clueless about rabbits. I've familiarized myself with some of the breeds: the lops and the angoras and the flemish giants.. what i want to know is what to look for and what can i expect from owning a rabbit.

Beware of rabbits!

They breed like there's no tomorrow.

They have rabies.

They love to bite and gnaw.

Ever see Monty Python and the Holy Quail? That's proof that there are killer rabbits! :Ohno:

Just kidding. They're cute. Just be ready to give them enough care and attention. :)

Beware of rabbits!

They breed like there's no tomorrow.

They have rabies.

They love to bite and gnaw.

Ever see Monty Python and the Holy Quail? That's proof that there are killer rabbits! :Ohno:

Just kidding. They're cute. Just be ready to give them enough care and attention. :)

Lol, well as i've siad before i've had guinea pigs and their chewing habits are stuff of legend so i'm quite used to that. I'm wondering if it's better to get two of them since i work full time. I wouldn't be home during the day so perhaps it would better to get two. Of the same sex, of course. :P I think i ought to do more research on them.

When I was first married, we had a Dutch rabbit. Those are little black and white ones that look like a Boston Terrier. It was cute but very stupid.

Eh? They are quite different animals. I knew someone that had a Chinchilla.. while they are really cute, i don't think i could handle all the messiness from their dustbaths.

You just vaccum... Don't be retard. Rabbits are worse, they HOP and POOP at the same time. HAHA. Chinchilla don't really hop, but they can, they're super lightning fast too. Fun to watch. What will a Rabbit do except eat carrots and attempt to say "What's up doc".

If you adopt from local House Rabbit society, they will have personality profiles on most if not all the rescued rabbits. The profiles will list what rabbits like to eat, what litter box habits they have, and so on. Some are very young!

Rabbits need to “bond” to be good companions. The society should have a couple of bonded rabbits available for adoption or can help you choose a second rabbit for possible bonding.

Ferrets are more fun and lots smarter than rabbits. They are just like little dogs, except that they sleep a lot and use a litter box.

Ferrets are more fun and lots smarter than rabbits. They are just like little dogs, except that they sleep a lot and use a litter box.

i miss my ferret :cry:. their pooping ritual is hilarious.

i miss my ferret :cry:. their pooping ritual is hilarious.

I miss our ferret too. He was deaf. He was so funny. We would drag a sheet around the house and he would hop up and down and jump on and ride, and he would play tug of war.

I never got another because he died of cancer at only 5 years and it was too sad.

Rabbits scratch like heck if you don't handle them right.

Last I looked, CA doesn't allow ferrets.

Rabbits scratch like heck if you don't handle them right.

Last I looked, CA doesn't allow ferrets.
MD is her location. I think that is Maryland. Ferrets are legal in Maryland.

Yes very true... Love my furry ferrets... they are awesome. Of course they sleep a lot and use the litter box. But they sometimes poop on floor if I let them out to play for few hours. It doesnt bother me at all. Just simple to pick up and throw it away or put in toliet flush it...

I miss our ferret too. He was deaf. He was so funny. We would drag a sheet around the house and he would hop up and down and jump on and ride, and he would play tug of war.

I never got another because he died of cancer at only 5 years and it was too sad.

Aww.. I am sorry Bott... Hope you get one again... I lost one of my ferrets. (Used to have 5 ferrets before... actually my boy Koda- he died on Feb 12th, 2008- he was so sick- loved him so much.) I have 4 ferrets now... active, wild and happy furry ferrets.

Back