Rabbit?

Ferrets are more fun and lots smarter than rabbits. They are just like little dogs, except that they sleep a lot and use a litter box.
I had a roommate who had a ferret. I also have a friend who use to have a lot of ferrets.

Yes very true... Love my furry ferrets... they are awesome. Of course they sleep a lot and use the litter box. But they sometimes poop on floor if I let them out to play for few hours. It doesnt bother me at all. Just simple to pick up and throw it away or put in toliet flush it...

unless.... it's on your carpet :mad2:

I had a roommate who had a ferret. I also have a friend who use to have a lot of ferrets.

My cousin had a ferret that we kept for him while he went out of town..it was the cutest thing but had an awful smell to her. Idk, I think that they just have a naturally funky scent??

My cousin had a ferret that we kept for him while he went out of town..it was the cutest thing but had an awful smell to her. Idk, I think that they just have a naturally funky scent??

yes they do but just not that bad. It's probably because you have to clean up the POOP regularly! I didn't for one day and god.... I died.

They don't have too much odor if they are neutered. Plus they should have a bath once a week.

They don't have too much odor if they are neutered. Plus they should have a bath once a week.

O-I-C. Come to think of it, she was an intact female. She had already gotten a bath by the time she came to us but her fur still had this oily quality to it. She was a silly, stinky thing. Not a bone in her rubbery body, lol.

It depends on how often you clean their cage.

The more often you clean their cage and give them their bath, the better they smell.

I have a friend who used to have an albino ferret. It was deaf, and later became blind. It died eventually because it didn't know what to do.

Rabbits? ugh! cute, but boring animals..they just eat,
sleep and poop..lol! no fun animals thats all...
your choice if you want them..heh.

Rabbits? ugh! cute, but boring animals..they just eat,
sleep and poop..lol! no fun animals thats all...
your choice if you want them..heh.

You probably don't realize that there are over 50 different breeds of rabbit. They all have their own distinct, behavioral traits and personalities. I've got my eye on a breed known for it's inquisitiveness and comical antics. I've had guinea pigs in the past and while you might think that they only eat, sleep and poop, trust me when I say there's a lot more to them than that.

You probably don't realize that there are over 50 different breeds of rabbit. They all have their own distinct, behavioral traits and personalities. I've got my eye on a breed known for it's inquisitiveness and comical antics. I've had guinea pigs in the past and while you might think that they only eat, sleep and poop, trust me when I say there's a lot more to them than that.

Oh of course i realize there many breeds of rabbits and other
animals like dogs and cats, its just that rabbits and other
rodents like guinea pigs, gerbils etc are caged animals, they
are different from dogs and cats.
You were asking about owning a rabbit so we are telling you it
is different to own a caged animal like rabbit, ferrets, guinea
pigs etc than dog or cat, thats all. They require a lot of care,
like cleaning out cages, you know.

I have a small white rabbit with pinkish eyes, nose and ears, I named him Snowball. I will take a picture of him sometimes this week, I don't let my rabbit roam in the house without supervision. he usually in his cage and he doesn't like to be held but he loves sitting close by me and sometimes he would hide under my dress if I'm sitting on the floor LOL

He loves being pet and brushed, taking care of a rabbit is easy. I feed him rabbit food and he loves eating grass, hay and carrots.

I let him out of his cage once in a while to hop around and exercise. (make sure there's no electrical cords laying around cause rabbit do chew on things)..

A rabbit needs a cage, pine bedding/litter, feeding bowl, water bottle, flavor mineral stones to chew on. (as the picture shown below) it comes with metal ring you can hook it on the rabbit's cage.

Oh of course i realize there many breeds of rabbits and other
animals like dogs and cats, its just that rabbits and other
rodents like guinea pigs, gerbils etc are caged animals, they
are different from dogs and cats.
You were asking about owning a rabbit so we are telling you it
is different to own a caged animal like rabbit, ferrets, guinea
pigs etc than dog or cat, thats all. They require a lot of care,
like cleaning out cages, you know.

Thanks. ;)

typical-chinchilla.jpg

hm in my experience I've had two rabbits (dwarf and lop) - they are most messiest pet I've ever had - I mean a lot of cleanings after their poops - famous of poopy pet lol. I'd still go for angora - I don't know much about that breed but like you said different is different. I'd love to own an angora - just that having 10+ cats here ...wouldn't be a good idea right now. ;)

still, chaya (the black dwarf I had) was so cuddly and lovable! I miss her. :aw:

I think rabbits are cute! I had 2 pet rabbits (one female and one male) when I was a little girl. One day the female gave birth to about 6 or 8 babies and to my horror the male killed them :( Someone then told my Dad that the male shouldn't have been in the same cage with the female when she gave birth :dunno:

And then I had another pet rabbit given to me for my 16th birthday. A beautiful white fluffy rabbit named Snowball. She loved to eat lettuces, potato skins, and carrots.

Getting a rabbit? Hmm, I had 17 inches sized rabbits for a long while. I still get asked how I ended up having scars all over my arms. Look out for their claws. They are far worse than cats! My rabbits loved to eat kale, cardboard, and carrot, and refused to eat lettuces. I am telling ya, they did have a mind of its own. I had to have two separate cages due to their sizes. I usually let them roam around backyard for exercise. They sure ate everything, uh, even clothes, and dig holes all the time.

Back