Questions about Polyamory

Wirelessly posted

Lol what? I think I just had a brain fart... How can it depend on the behavior of infinite if it is infinite in the first place? To my understanding it's either finite or not. :/ math and I never got along...

Let's explain this graphically without bursting your brain :) In this case of convergent infinity:

1overx.gif

If you graph 1/x, notice the two curves? As you go along the positive x-axis, you can imagine the 1/x curve in the first quadrant approaching or getting "closer" towards touching the x-axis as the positive x coordinate values increase to infinity. We say the limit is 0 because 1/x is becoming more like 0 as x increases. Paradoxically, we say the limit is 0, but, theoretically, the 1/x curve never ever touch the y=0 (or x-axis).....because it's is *infinitely* approaching the x-axis.

Divergent is when the values of a function/curve increases without any bound or approaching any value such as the example above. The values becomes infinite :)

Hope this enlightens you, iSign? Let me know if you have questions.

Seriously.

Here's what I don't get. Why state all that as a means to justify a lifestyle choice?

If you're OK with what you're doing, you shouldn't HAVE to justify it to anyone.

It's like saying... "but, but, BUT...., I have a degree in physics... " And?

Highly intelligent people can also do things that aren't necessarily in their own best interest.

I agree with you as well. I quote Einstein: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Wirelessly posted

Hear2much said:
I was not judging anyone ....I dunno why u think I was judging but I wasnt . I was only asking questions about this polyamory . I was curious to see if there is anyone who are doing this . Okay thank u for reply on it .

That wasn't directed AT you Sweetangel but rather I was trying to point out to other people who gave their input in a very judgmental way, that that was not what you were asking for. I don't judge and I know you weren't either.
Thank you for the Thank you. I just wanted to share from a place of openness and honesty.

BTW I hold a degree in Medical-Physics from the University of Wisconsin (couldn't make up my mind on being a brain surgeon or rocket scientist, smarty pants :P ) I am enrolled to begin medical training at JHU in Maryland and about to be newly published author endorsed by #1 best selling authors from around the world. I am a Coptic Orthodox Christian and community leader in my city. I am also a public speaker. Just so you know where this is coming from. I think my website is still under construction but you can follow the link in my profile if you want to. The book will be out after the holidays. It will be a best seller. It has already fulfilled the pre-sale order requirements, How cool is that!? :) I am so freakin' excited! (Sorry for blabbin')

PS I love to help people with Calculus :)

I should have asked you to help me with calculus II in college because that professor kept turning his head away

I agree with you as well. I quote Einstein: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Thank you. And, btw, you just burst my brain with that graft above! lol Its not your fault. I just have a severe case of dyscalculia. Math and I are less than buddies! Honestly, I'm assuming that is calculus above, but, I wouldn't know... :lol:

Thank you. And, btw, you just burst my brain with that graft above! lol Its not your fault. I just have a severe case of dyscalculia. Math and I are less than buddies! Honestly, I'm assuming that is calculus above, but, I wouldn't know... :lol:

No problem! :) I do have some friends who have dyscalculia back in high school. And yes, it is calculus :P

Yay, someone with a brain!!

Impressive things you have here. :) What book, if I may ask?

What version of calculus do you help people with? Single? Multivariable? Know Green's Theorem, especially the relationship between a line integral around a simple closed curve and a double integral over the plane region bounded by the closed curve? Tell me, do you even understand my signature? :) :)

Awesome... a person with a brain.. yes I get your stuff! You are a Mathematics major huh? I shy away from some of that stuff :) I plan to take 531 (advanced calc) and topology for fun someday but I stick with differentials and linear algebra I need for physics. I am lazy. I could totally rap with you though. In another thread I made a joke

(I'd like to approach her asymptote some time ;) You are attractive and smart, how attractive! Yes I know Green's Theorem but I am not into the multiple variable math as much as you sweetheart, you'd smoke me obviously. You have taken advanced calc? Nice, I didn't need to do that for Physics.
I am ok with double variable/ multiple variable calculus but if you are much beyond basic integral calc, I could learn along with you, not teach/ tutor. If you are talking about anything beyond Taylor/Mclaurin serieses’, I actually need to stop and think. I really love linear algebra and differentials (what physicist doesn't)
My book is called the true power of breath. I think the website is up but not officially launched. If the server redirects I will tell you when it is up. It'd be at Sage of the West but I don't know what they've done with it. DON'T BLAME ME PLEASE. I am endorsed by Dr. Joe Vitale Joe Vitale of The Secret DVD is Law of Attraction expert and Life Coach and a number of other Authors.

My girlfriend complains about my asymptotic behavior... She says I am constantly approaching women.. indefinitely. ;)

Here is one of my Haiku (I write several a day and have a collection of over 3,000 of my own) which you may be better able to appreciate with an understanding of calculus.

Waves of the ocean

Functions in x, y, and z

... the wet gradient

Member of Mensa since age of eight. I also have what most people call a photographic memory. Don't mess with me sweetie... I am a composer, (gifted musician) never studied music in school, but I would smoke any performance/ composition major you know as surely as you'd smoke me when it comes to defining relationships between line integrals (on closed paths) and double integrals. Yuck! Integrals suck. Differentials RULE!!
..and sorry for calling you sweetie/ being sassy... I am just being playful. Talking to you will be a stark contrast with my conversations with matajan. Lol
Hope to see you around Sheila, and thanks for saying "impressive" btw :)

Last edited:
I also study computer architechture, neuroscience (MEDICAL physics) remember, engineering and anything complex. No expert but try me. You may be pleasently surprised.

Oh and of course music theory and all that jazz. My indusrty and ingenuity in music will make me famous, even if I die pennyless like Mozart!

LET ME DIFFERENTIATE oceanbreeze with respect to ignorance please!?!
(Implicitly)

I have no deaf friends, don't even know anyone who deaf. I am going to learn ASL fluently, FLUENTLY. Not like my Russian, Arabic, Spanish, German and French. Sometimes people in France can tell I am not French. That annoys me, gotta learn to speak more quickly. But Middle-easterners over here, always think I am Egyptian when I bust out the Arabic. That makes me proud :)

Some people think it is a joke that I am going to learn that fast. I know you get it tho Sheila. BTW never studied a language in school either. Well, I guess I was in German class in Sophmore year of highschol but I spent most of my time talking to Alina, the girl who sat next to me. I learned conversational Russian last year, I am learning Polish now. And of course ASL. I am going to Study BSL and ISL after I am comfy with that. I also know a few words in Cree(Ojibwa), Cherokee and Tribal sign.

Am I going too fast for ya?

I wasn't trying to justify anything? I don't get why anyone thinks I was. I wanted Sweetangel to know this isn't just some crazy posting stuff and that I am an honest, sensible- educated person concerned with my growth and development. I didn't intend to justify anything and I wouldn't wast my time doing that on an internet message board to people who are internet addicts with not a whole lot goin on. Where's your website? Mine is linked to my profile here. Nothing to hide. That's all I was sayin. Sheila (she thinks I am impressive) checked my book out. Or someone did. I just got random hits on most of my pages. Thanks ;) Justify... where the F#%+ did you get that one?

AND INFINITY HAS NO LIMITS!!! THAT's why it is called INFINITY!
Yes a function of infinity may have a limit but infinity itself, that's the word we use to denote something having no limits, that's what it means infinity itself is not bounded, ever.

Stop trying to impress people who havn't learned the math you have. I get what you are trying to say. It is just not helpful. Semantics.

Nicht? Das ist Gut. Ich Zammelen der kartoflen. Ich spreche kein Deutsch!! :)
I know my spelling sux. I can speak it not read and write very well. :)
Are you German?
oops.
Bist du from the Fatherland there'aye?
Gutten Nacht if we don't speak again tonight :)
When people think that a person is lying about accomplishments...
Its speaks volumes of how they feel about themselves. I met a lady who spoke 11 languages last summer. Do you think I quizzed her?

Bist du eine jackhole? Haben zie nicht? NICHT? Biotch... that's English
ICH BIN KRANK!!!! Go away or I will infect you with my genius

Nicht? Das ist Gut. Ich Zammelen der kartoflen. Ich spreche kein Deutsch!! :)
I know my spelling sux. I can speak it not read and write very well. :)
Are you German?
oops.
Bist du from the Fatherland there'aye?
Gutten Nacht if we don't speak again tonight :)
When people think that a person is lying about accomplishments...
Its speaks volumes of how they feel about themselves. I met a lady who spoke 11 languages last summer. Do you think I quizzed her?

Nein, Ich studiern Deutsch fur funf jahre am Gallaudet Uni. Aber, ich besuchen Deutschland vielen zeit.

Are you infected with hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia?

Just curious ...

Math teachers are jerks

Wirelessly posted

I should have asked you to help me with calculus II in college because that professor kept turning his head away

Awe.. I didn't see your message before. That sux, not fair. I would have helped you. Calc 2, I can deal With. Sheila is on another planet though. She knows a lot of math (I hope her love life hasn't suffered)

I have seen a bunch of your posts deafgal001, you seem like a sweet girl.

Back