Questions about Polyamory

sweetangel

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone is doing polyamory lifestyle ? Polyamory involved with a couple that decides to explore to dating with others. I mean anyone that thinks it is okay ? Is there any Deaf polyamory events ? What do u think of this and how do u feel about this ? Share yur thoughts on this . Thanks !

I am wondering if anyone is doing polyamory lifestyle ? Polyamory involved with a couple that decides to explore to dating with others. I mean anyone that thinks it is okay ? Is there any Deaf polyamory events ? What do u think of this and how do u feel about this ? Share yur thoughts on this . Thanks !

To me, it's just an excuse to mess around with anybody and anyone. I also think it's not fair to the other person. If I'm with someone, I want to be devoted to that person exclusively and no one else; even in a dating situation. It's also safer.

Just my .02.

My girl and I are devoted to each other and have been for many years. Six to be exact. We plan on many more and we are polyamorous. We both have other lovers and we both engage in group-sex activities together. It is only a physical thing and does not take away from our ability to be monogamously in love. We do not explore being with others as a means to see if there is something else out there. We have found it with each other, and just wanna have fun together. We were physically monogamous for four or five years before we tried this out.
We are both hearing but she invited a guy who is deaf to a party we are throwing over the holidays. I will let you know how that goes ;) We do this from a standpoint of respect, understanding and fun.

It is a 2-edged sword. Cut one way and it can hurt you.

I watched a program a couple years ago on the Discovery Health channel about these "swinger" relationships.

Some couples enjoy it, others had their hearts broken when one spouse fell in love with the "other one" and ended the relationship.

Bottom line is, if you don't want to lose your significant-other, don't try it.

It is a 2-edged sword. Cut one way and it can hurt you.

I watched a program a couple years ago on the Discovery Health channel about these "swinger" relationships.

Some couples enjoy it, others had their hearts broken when one spouse fell in love with the "other one" and ended the relationship.

Bottom line is, if you don't want to lose your significant-other, don't try it.

:gpost:

It does cut both ways. It also isn't for everyone. I also am not all that crazy about people being so open about it. I'm fairly liberal, btw, but I believe that certain things should be kept in private. This is one of them.

It doesn't "CUT BOTH" Ways... you are judging for others. You can't do that. You can judge for yourselves. How would you know? Because you saw something on the Discovery channel? I am sure that had nothing to do with ratings and it was informative :) Just like MTV's True Life: I am Deaf.... nothing to do with viewer interest or ratings right? All just perfectly accurate, they summed it up in exactly 30 minutes for ya right? What don't you ask me, someone who lives it what they think and accept that what I say is valid for them (ME). If I thought I was gonna lose someone because another guy put his.. in her... that wouldn't be a strong enough love for me. FOR ME. Please don't judge what you don't know. Maybe you just don't know true love yet, ALL you know is sexual attachment and infatuation with someone you care about? I don't know, maybe the hypnosis set in and you THINK you are in love but I don't know what is right for you and would never assume I do or judge. Thanks you, have a nice life. I am going to watch my girl fool around with her girlfriend, and then I am going to cook them breakfast :) See ya' ! (I make great eggs benedict!)

BTW, this is a private Discussion board. Someone asked, I was trying to be helpful. Sorry for sharing.

Sweet Angel, I was just trying to respond to your question and share with you. If you don't want to know about our "swinger parties" (I hate the label swinger btw) or don't want to know about the deaf guy coming to my wife's gangbang party... then don't ask me. ;) I am Christian and a loving person. It is against my religion to judge others but if you are ok with sitting in judgment of others... Well I can't complain can I?

It doesn't "CUT BOTH" Ways... you are judging for others. You can't do that. You can judge for yourselves. How would you know? Because you saw something on the Discovery channel? I am sure that had nothing to do with ratings and it was informative :) Just like MTV's True Life: I am Deaf.... nothing to do with viewer interest or ratings right? All just perfectly accurate, they summed it up in exactly 30 minutes for ya right? What don't you ask me, someone who lives it what they think and accept that what I say is valid for them (ME). If I thought I was gonna lose someone because another guy put his.. in her... that wouldn't be a strong enough love for me. FOR ME. Please don't judge what you don't know. Maybe you just don't know true love yet, ALL you know is sexual attachment and infatuation with someone you care about? I don't know, maybe the hypnosis set in and you THINK you are in love but I don't know what is right for you and would never assume I do or judge. Thanks you, have a nice life. I am going to watch my girl fool around with her girlfriend, and then I am going to cook them breakfast :) See ya' ! (I make great eggs benedict!)

BTW, this is a private Discussion board. Someone asked, I was trying to be helpful. Sorry for sharing.

Sweet Angel, I was just trying to respond to your question and share with you. If you don't want to know about our "swinger parties" (I hate the label swinger btw) or don't want to know about the deaf guy coming to my wife's gangbang party... then don't ask me. ;) I am Christian and a loving person. It is against my religion to judge others but if you are ok with sitting in judgment of others... Well I can't complain can I?

It definitely cuts both ways. Nobody is judging anybody, but, some of us are weighing in on the LIFESTYLE. There is your difference. The people that engage in the lifestyle are probably very nice people, but, the lifestyle itself is fraught with problems.

Also, if you think this is private, you are quite wrong. This is the internet and anything you post CAN be read by anyone who knows how to google. Alldeaf is very easily googled. Consider yourself warned. The only exception is anything posted in the ADULT sections of this forum. You must be 18 to gain access to those sections. Otherwise, nothing on here is completely private.

Oh... I think I got you. See how I say I hate the word " Swingers ", don't like the "lifestyle" either. When we meet people who call themselves Swingers or mention "the lifestyle" we shy away from those bastards. Yes there are anumber of parties/ gatherings that we have not attended becasue they were very, very uncool. Unless you like being raped n stuff. I think we are on the same page :) My girl and I are not into "Swinging" we are both just in love with eachother and we happen to both be tramps. :) You are totally right about the shadyness of "the lifestyle" The glorious, glorious "lifestyle" Lol

SWINGERS SUCK, POLYAMORY RULES! haha
and yes, we are VERY private about this. I don't think its anyones business anymore than if your wife likes it in the... well yeah, some things should stay between lovers (or multiple lovers)
And my identity is as private as I want it to be here, but thank you very much for the warning. You may see me running around naked on TV next week if I get the chance! Woohoo!

Kids ... polyamorous will turn you into a whacko ... see above for proof.

Kids ... polyamorous will turn you into a whacko ... see above for proof.

I happen to agree! ....And, with that, I'm bouncing from the thread. May those who feel that this lifestyle is for them have at it, but, it's not for me. I don't want to even discuss it.

Buh bye.

Yeah, who asked you anyway OceanBreeze?
SweetAngel asked about any deaf polyamory goin on. Not what the haters think.
When you see a post that says "Why do you think polyamory is lame" Then you go ahead and get ready to respond because girl, you're on!
Just teasin'

when I was trying to sell my house in Ca. my real estate broker told me a woman liked my house and wanted to see her if husband liked my house too, the husband liked my house. Then my real estate broker told that the woman also wanted her 'boyfriend' to see my house ! The 'boyfriend' did not like my house! So Polyamory hurt a sale of my house!

Yeah, who asked you anyway OceanBreeze?
SweetAngel asked about any deaf polyamory goin on. Not what the haters think.
When you see a post that says "Why do you think polyamory is lame" Then you go ahead and get ready to respond because girl, you're on!
Just teasin'

This is a public message board, so, I'm free to respond as I wish. I gave an opinion. If someone wants to know about this, all they needed to do was PM someone or even better, look it up on the internet. We've also had discussion about this topic before, so they could also search the thread regarding said subject. I'm sorry you don't like my comments, but, you're free to ignore me. I'm also free to do the same and since you choose to be nasty, I think I will.

I sincerely hope nothing negative happens to you as a result of your choice to mess around with several people at once.

This is a public message board, so, I'm free to respond as I wish. I gave an opinion. If someone wants to know about this, all they needed to do was PM someone or even better, look it up on the internet. We've also had discussion about this topic before, so they could also search the thread regarding said subject. I'm sorry you don't like my comments, but, you're free to ignore me. I'm also free to do the same and since you choose to be nasty, I think I will.

I sincerely hope nothing negative happens to you as a result of your choice to mess around with several people at once.

Kids, listen to oceanbreeze. I know a few folks that were actually killed by those STD's you may have vaguely paid attention to while in class.

The lifestyle described in this thread is comparable to playing Russian Roulette.

Oh Ocean I was being sarcastic and playful. Us polyams... we are really playful. :)
I am super-sarcastic, loving and welcoming to all people. Anything you took as offense was meant to be silly. Sorry.

And thank you for the good wishes. I am certain nothing bad will happen also and we have made a lot of great friends and had a lot of wonderful experiences. For us, it has been more about bonding with each other and our friends than it is about sex. Incase you're wondering.

Some people at some of my churches frown upon it,(I am a speaker at two of them) but they shouldn't have pryed if they were going to judge ;)

I like you Ocean. I like appreciate what you have to say. Where did you study? Just wondering?

Back