Question from a non deaf person

curious george

Reaction score
Hello there, I am not deaf, but I have a question. I've always been curious about what a deaf person's inner monologue is like. I did a bit of research, but it was inconclusive and I wanted to hear from people who actually are deaf. I do not intend any offense, so I hope I've not invoked any.

Ultimately what I want to know is, how do you process thoughts in your head? I assume those with even an inkling of hearing formulate words audibly, but what about those who are and always have been entirely deaf? Do you think in sign language? I've always been very curious to know this. Thanks! :)

Hello there, I am not deaf, but I have a question. I've always been curious about what a deaf person's inner monologue is like. I did a bit of research, but it was inconclusive and I wanted to hear from people who actually are deaf. I do not intend any offense, so I hope I've not invoked any.

Ultimately what I want to know is, how do you process thoughts in your head? I assume those with even an inkling of hearing formulate words audibly, but what about those who are and always have been entirely deaf? Do you think in sign language? I've always been very curious to know this. Thanks! :)

You should just read a bit in old threads around the forum

Hearing people have asked this question on many occasions and it has been answered .

funny-animal-captions-animal-capshunz-amphibian-facepalm.jpg

970839-cat_facepalm.jpg

Botti, i agree!

Does one study" Philosophy. Neurology or Psychology" to analyze how one "thinks"?
Does one's "thinking" change is one is DEAF?

Back