Question about Blackberry from AT&T

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
At first, I was finally decided not get iPhone until next 2 years after Intel replace ARM, TAP support, improved OS and 3G support then I'm goes with BB right now, also need help with that.

What's difference on between 8310 (curve) and 8820? What's recommended to get one?

I had noticed that 8GB microSD will work on BB if OS is 4.3.0 or above, is it possible to upgrade the OS via over the air?

Where's download applications for BB, such as media player to play wma format, 3rd party internet browser or other?

Does BB would work with youtube, google map or other? Does GPS will work with google map?

Thanks

What about Moto Q Global?

I'm not worried about Windows Mobile OS, I'm just care about features and more third party apps.

Moto Q9h have the best review over all smartphones so it a good choice. There is lots of third party apps for it and yes I have use youtube on WM OS.

You should be able to get that on TAP plan.

Blackberry is excellent PDA too but I don't think it can be on TAP plan thou.

Hi! pacman

I'm goes with BB right now, also need help with that.

I respect your decision. ;)

What's difference on between 8310 (curve) and 8820? What's recommended to get one?

8310 enabled GPS support and not wifi. actually I recently discovered the 8820 is powerful features as fully packages as built-in GPS, Wi-Fi support, and instant messaging support now. because 8820 just recent released like last month or so, please correct me if I am wrong.

I had noticed that 8GB microSD will work on BB if OS is 4.3.0 or above, is it possible to upgrade the OS via over the air?

No, I believe that 8GB microSD currently work on Curve and 8820 is 4.2 or above. Because 4 GB and 6GB microSD work on Curve since att curve released, then T-MO 8320 released. OTA? Unfortunately, no You need to download it on BB OS as update thru PC, not OTA. ATT will make annocence all att members when update OS for curve or 8820 by email or att site.

I hear the rumors that BB 4.6 OS will release by this year more like fall (I hope so).

Where's download applications for BB, such as media player to play wma format, 3rd party internet browser or other?

You can check site: Recorder-2-series for playback only. It is techology easy to use. :)

Does BB would work with youtube, google map or other? Does GPS will work with google map?

Definitely yes, BB GPS work with google map or others. what about youtube? Like I said BB 4.6 OS will release for 9XXX 88XX and 83XX series, sooner by this year.. please be patience.

Thanks for interesting BB stuffs, ;)
I hope this answer your questions. any questions?

What about Moto Q Global?

I'm not worried about Windows Mobile OS, I'm just care about features and more third party apps.

I have heard lot of good review on Moto Q Global is pretty good. I been thinking about getting that or Samsung blackjack is good.

I have heard lot of good review on Moto Q Global is pretty good. I been thinking about getting that or Samsung blackjack is good.
GTM, Yes thats true. I admit you that MOTO Q is great device. but there is limit third party for WM, I mean Not many application options for instance, very few instant messaging apps for Moto Q.. I don't want to use txt message chrge.

GTM, Yes thats true. I admit you that MOTO Q is great device. but there is limit third party for WM, I mean Not many application options for instance, very few instant messaging apps for Moto Q.. I don't want to use txt message chrge.

Actually I read the informations how to get instant messager it says u can get AOL AIM, Yahoo and MSN you just have to download it. It have everything in it. I don't want blackberry for few good reasons. My brother worked for Sprint before and they are not always good companies that rip people off on the billings. You have to read all the features in it so the informations is pretty good and I don' really needs like games, musics stuff like that, Best thing I want is that works for traveling and good towers for traveling and roadside assistant emgerncy is a must. They have e mail, text msg, AIM too, Speaker, and many more. I am already tired of sidekick since it not good enough tower for traveling. :)

Does IM on Moto Q would charge as text messaging rate? I means official, preinstalled IM by AT&T?

XBGMER, thanks for answer my question, its enough answer.

Actually I read the informations how to get instant messager it says u can get AOL AIM, Yahoo and MSN you just have to download it. It have everything in it. I don't want blackberry for few good reasons. My brother worked for Sprint before and they are not always good companies that rip people off on the billings. You have to read all the features in it so the informations is pretty good and I don' really needs like games, musics stuff like that, Best thing I want is that works for traveling and good towers for traveling and roadside assistant emgerncy is a must. They have e mail, text msg, AIM too, Speaker, and many more. I am already tired of sidekick since it not good enough tower for traveling. :)
I am not here to blame you that you don't want blackberry. its up to your decision. Yes I hear that sprint rip off people's money. its very sad. I use my blackberry is very simple and purpose for read email, maps, camera, and browser. I feel black berry is better than SK in my opinion. thats it.

WM devices haven't good email push and IM programs like BB does. Please correct me, If I am wrong.

I am not here to blame you that you don't want blackberry. its up to your decision. Yes I hear that sprint rip off people's money. its very sad. I use my blackberry is very simple and purpose for read email, maps, camera, and browser. I feel black berry is better than SK in my opinion. thats it.

WM devices haven't good email push and IM programs like BB does. Please correct me, If I am wrong.

That cool, what you use blackberry. But yeah, Sprint do rip people off so I am not trusting them. I plan to go under verizon or AT&T service and they have optional monthly payment plans. I don't think you wrong. I think it denpend on where you life that device work in the right area for some people. :) But I respect you your preference. :)

PAC,

Does IM on Moto Q would charge as text messaging rate?

Yes I believe that IM on Moto Q as text messaging charges, However I might be wrong.. help me? lol..

I means official, preinstalled IM by AT&T?

Yes Definitely IM preinstalled BY AT&T. But I don't know if AT&T IM use data instead of TXT charge. I suggest you better check att store near you and ask them about IM use data. If not, you can download Jivetalk use data for F-R-E-E!!!! :D

XBGMER, thanks for answer my question, its enough answer.

You are more welcome!

I suggest you to use Sprint instead AT&T since, you able to get blackberry with 3G for just $30 a month on unlimited text-msg and data.

AT&T may not have 3G for blackberry available.

I suggest you to use Sprint instead AT&T since, you able to get blackberry with 3G for just $30 a month on unlimited text-msg and data.

AT&T may not have 3G for blackberry available.

I had problem with Sprint, I tried make plan to order via online and they does charge as voice plan, data plan and text messaging plan in combined, data plan for BB was $50 since AT&T offers $30 via online. I was very confused at Sprint about how order would work.

Does I need go to Sprint store to buy BB with $30 monthly plan? How I can get $30 monthly plan from Sprint?

I'm surprised that BB from Sprint use EVDO.

Some members said Sprint has cons, such as bad charge on consumers, like Garnet said.

I had problem with Sprint, I tried make plan to order via online and they does charge as voice plan, data plan and text messaging plan in combined, data plan for BB was $50 since AT&T offers $30 via online. I was very confused at Sprint about how order would work.

Does I need go to Sprint store to buy BB with $30 monthly plan? How I can get $30 monthly plan from Sprint?

Some members said Sprint has cons, such as bad charge on consumers, like Garnet said.

I wouldn't trust sprint since they do con people and cheat them out of their money. It not worth it. My cousins use verizon or AT&T but I have to check their pay service first. :)

well, I'm sorry your terrible experience with Sprint order.
I don't have problem when I go in store and order. Then I call to change from standard to special plan. It work fine for me.

So far, I don't have bad connection, it keep in good speed in major cities where EVDO available is. And I had one time great experience between AT&T Wireless (former) and Sprint as I travel between Oregon to Washington, I had huge line drop down as I cross the border with AT&T Wireless phone for few minues. Therefore, as I had Treo and cross next state, no drop as it auto connect to other tower. It was incredible.

well, I'm sorry your terrible experience with Sprint order.
I don't have problem when I go in store and order. Then I call to change from standard to special plan. It work fine for me.

So far, I don't have bad connection, it keep in good speed in major cities where EVDO available is. And I had one time great experience between AT&T Wireless (former) and Sprint as I travel between Oregon to Washington, I had huge line drop down as I cross the border with AT&T Wireless phone for few minues. Therefore, as I had Treo and cross next state, no drop as it auto connect to other tower. It was incredible.

Ok, I will try to visit Sprint store instead of online store to make different story like you said.

I should have 3G, lol.

I'm going to AT&T store now, wish me a good luck with new phone.

I got iPhone today and activated via itune, that unbelieve about impressed on new iPhone and got love it.

I would tell about new iPhone soon because I have alittle difficult with virtual keyboard.

Not iPhone user anymore, just returned and changed into Moto Q 9h.

Now, I like Moto Q alot better than iPhone because of more features and more third party apps, EDGE via Moto Q is faster than iPhone when both of them are under EDGE, 3G is very faster when 3G was enabled. :eek3:

Keyboard isn't bad, it's room so enough for my hand to type it.

There's animation support on Opera via Moto Q since Safari don't support animation like smilies flash.

Back