Question about Blackberry from AT&T

Oh nice device .. it have wifi build in then go to

WMWifiRouter - Consumer and download free trial wifirouter and try using it as a wifi link to your mac laptop.

I haven't test it yet but I am plan on to testing it sometime soon if you test it already then let me know how it goes.

If Tilt not show Internet Sharing or hide it then go to Where in the World is WMWifiRouter? (Updated) | PhoneNews.com and download ICS Installer (CAB) - For Windows Mobile devices that have Internet Sharing disabled.

Just check my new post about WMWifiRouter
http://www.alldeaf.com/computer-isp-programming/49995-ipod-users.html#post934750

It's about issue on between Tilt's WiFi and iPod, also same issue to MBP too.

Last edited:
Update, I just returned tilt to att for some reason, I just start dislike WM6 because of unstable and experience on lagging issue when use IM or Opera since iPhone don't have same issue like that, when I use Safari on iPhone and running so smooth, seems more stable than WM6.

Now, I have wait until May/June 2008 when 3G iPhone is come out then I will get it, also I'm getting deal with virtual keyboard and short battery life. (I found that turn WiFI and bluetooth off would expands the battery life)

My contract was cancelled with no early termination fee, thanks to att.

Update, I just returned tilt to att for some reason, I just start dislike WM6 because of unstable and experience on lagging issue when use IM or Opera since iPhone don't have same issue like that, when I use Safari on iPhone and running so smooth, seems more stable than WM6.

Now, I have wait until May/June 2008 when 3G iPhone is come out then I will get it, also I'm getting deal with virtual keyboard and short battery life. (I found that turn WiFI and bluetooth off would expands the battery life)

My contract was cancelled with no early termination fee, thanks to att.

Sorry to hear that you haven't found a PDA to your liking but good to hear that they let you out of contract with no termination fee!

Treo don't have WiFi then no thanks.

what's point when Treo with EVDO does equal as DSL speed (up to 1.4MBps)?
It got nice photo and video mode.
Easy allow you insert SD memory card.

I was able to use my treo 700p under Sprint as modem to my laptop and hook up with iChat in video, it running smooth even by use HOVRS.

if not work out for you. That's fine.

what's point when Treo with EVDO does equal as DSL speed (up to 1.4MBps)?
It got nice photo and video mode.
Easy allow you insert SD memory card.

I was able to use my treo 700p under Sprint as modem to my laptop and hook up with iChat in video, it running smooth even by use HOVRS.

if not work out for you. That's fine.

What's compare on between 3G and EVDO?

Under 3G, I got between 1.5 to 2.5 mbps (3G can be up to 3.6 mbps or above) but my friend own Sprint BB and he got 800 kbps, can be up to 1.4 mbps.

If phone support WiFi then you can turn WiFi on to tethering on iPod Touch to make Mail, Google Map and Safari to work so wirelessly.

My DSL speed is 3 mbps.

evdo is different brandwidth along CDMA. 3G is other brandwidth along with GPRS

however, both speed are about same, but depend on major cities area.
I do understand if there are no CDMA or 3G available in area, then able to use wi-fi from the roof.

so you want the fancy stuffs. What so important about that. I just got a crappy blackberry til I get a new on in November. For now I only need it for emergency case like my son or use it as a im or email. That all i need.

Why put up with a "crappy Blackberry"? You are paying a bill each month and I presume you bought the BB outright.

I often drop in at the AT&T store and have them assist me on anything that I do not understand. They are extremely helpful. And be sure and delete all the stuff that you do not need or want, like music, if you cannot hear it! Keep your home screen simple at first until you have mastered what you do need, then add a few things at a time.

Good luck. I love my Blackberry Curve!

Lantana

so you want the fancy stuffs. What so important about that. I just got a crappy blackberry til I get a new on in November. For now I only need it for emergency case like my son or use it as a im or email. That all i need.

There's no point about fancy stuff, I'm just care about feature on mobile device that what I needed, it has nothing with fancy related.

iPhone is final choice for me because of no 3G support on BB for att, 3G is should for me because don't want be slow under EDGE, iPhone will support 3G by May/June 2008, that what I would wait for it. I won't pick Verzion or Sprint because of EVDO isn't much as my type, I prefer HSDPA/UTMS because of more speed support, like what att and t-mobile (future) use it.

Have you all considered a phone that does wifi? Thats a good way to get free data. Most colleges and coffee cafes now have free wifi.

hey mobile geeks and geekettes ! i am back and alive... too bad i was unable to catch up all those posts for few months.... i hope everyone is happy with his or her own mobiles ! :)
my at&t tilt still rocks the world ! :)

hey mobile geeks and geekettes ! i am back and alive... too bad i was unable to catch up all those posts for few months.... i hope everyone is happy with his or her own mobiles ! :)
my at&t tilt still rocks the world ! :)

yeah, you been keep busy ride bike nowhere :)

I had other chance to tried HTC with WM6 and my frustration has been so enough then I called Sprint to cancelled my contract without ETF due 30 days of trial and called to other dept to send a return kit to me for return this phone to Sprint, I'm all relieved now.

Now, I made final choice to picked Blackberry 8820 under att and yup... I'm back to att again because I feel so miss on att after cancelled at once and Sprint isn't just for me because of different network, experience about an issue on switch of EVDO to 1xRTT on certain time when area is still EVDO covered and cause stop to work for several minute, don't like how to work and their consumer service is waste of my time but quiet friendly, I made final decision to sticking with att.

I'm so impressed about new BB 8820, even much more than any previous phone and allows me to customize the font and other exclusive feature that haven't been on other phone than RIM, I love to change the theme to make so sweet and all of my make up of mind has been here for right choice.

ATT Rocks!

I love my blackberry 8300... the first blackberry curve. It rocks. Runs much better than my old blackberry 7290 and RIM (wyndell version).

One thing sucks about ATT's TAP plan.. it is for all phones but excludiing Iphone and blackberry phones. So I am still stuck with paying full price of data plan and text. $45 dollars. Anyone knows better deal within ATT data plans and text?

I have heard Sprint offers good pricing on service. But still dont like their coverage compared to ATT or Verizon. ATT better suit prices for its coverage compared to Verizon.

Any tips?

I had other chance to tried HTC with WM6 and my frustration has been so enough then I called Sprint to cancelled my contract without ETF due 30 days of trial and called to other dept to send a return kit to me for return this phone to Sprint, I'm all relieved now.

Now, I made final choice to picked Blackberry 8820 under att and yup... I'm back to att again because I feel so miss on att after cancelled at once and Sprint isn't just for me because of different network, experience about an issue on switch of EVDO to 1xRTT on certain time when area is still EVDO covered and cause stop to work for several minute, don't like how to work and their consumer service is waste of my time but quiet friendly, I made final decision to sticking with att.

I'm so impressed about new BB 8820, even much more than any previous phone and allows me to customize the font and other exclusive feature that haven't been on other phone than RIM, I love to change the theme to make so sweet and all of my make up of mind has been here for right choice.
via 8320~
Pac, Congrats! Welcome to blackberry world. :D. I hope this is right device for you. But I am envy of you that all the diiferent whore device you tasted already.

You can d/l different themes for bb like iBerry theme, inspired 9000 theme. You can visit "hop mybb up" where you can find theme for bb under the signture.if not, I will provide the link for bb theme.

If you have any issue with bb, your post right here or creat another thread. ;)

Good luck!

Back