Q for owners of the Kidde Fyrenetics SL177i Dual Mode Strobe Light

green427

Reaction score
The test button: when you push it, do you feel a click or short movement of the button?

How long do you have to hold the button in before it starts flashing?

I got one off the internet, brand new, but about 3 years old, and does not work....checking to see what you have before I contact the seller and complain.

Yes, it was wired correctly....

Thanks

Ok from my understand that this one works with smoke or carbon monoxide alarm, it is not a stand alone alarm. It must be connected with one of kidde alarm for it to work.
That thing don't have ability to detect smoke nor carbon monoxide level. The only difference between that one u got and regular strobe is that smoke and co2 has different triggering signal, yours will take both of signals while stand alone flasher only works with either type of alarm but not both at same time.

I see that way, because I had to get two separate relay modules One for smoke and other for co2 and tied with series of relay device to make it into one. As u see, I hate strobes with passion.

In other word, need to buy either firex or kidde brand alarm that's interconnect.

Never seen it before. New to me
KiddieSL177i.jpg

m sorry to break bad news, yes having alarm for deaf ain't cheap. The seller did nothing wrong and it gonna make u look like a fool if u complain.

Look at bottom right of front box, read what it said.

diehardbiker:

What makes you think I did not hook it up correctly?

Before you jump to conclusions that I am an idiot...why don't you ask me for more detail?

I have seven (7) Kidde alarms wired up, and the strobe is interconnected to them. I contacted the seller, made a VIDEO of how the system is wired and tested it, the seller agrees that the strobe is bad and will send me a new one.

My one and only question here is related to the button itself....not about the operation of the strobe.

I didn't call u idiot. I'm saying only if u complained and didn't mention connect 7 detectors without detailed information makes u sounded like a fool.

On that strobe, there is no test on it, u need to press test button on these kidde alarm to see if strobes went off

Next time make sure to read my comment very carefully, unless u and alleycat prove me that I called u an idiot.

:roll:

diehardbiker:

What makes you think I did not hook it up correctly?

Before you jump to conclusions that I am an idiot...why don't you ask me for more detail?

I have seven (7) Kidde alarms wired up, and the strobe is interconnected to them. I contacted the seller, made a VIDEO of how the system is wired and tested it, the seller agrees that the strobe is bad and will send me a new one.

My one and only question here is related to the button itself....not about the operation of the strobe.

Last edited:
Just reminder ya all how importance having Carbon monoxide and smoke alarm installed correctly, especially for the Deaf.

They are downright important, and could have saved one of AD member here's life. It sadden that this member passed away needlessly. I have had both Smoke alarm and carbon monoxide alarm installed interconnected. Know what? My Chimney decided to reverse the flow and flooded my house with carbon monoxide, and it was 3:30 am! I was sounded sleep and yes heavy sleep, thanks a bunch to old fashioned style light bulb alerting me of high carbon monoxide level. Not at lethal level, but very early stage, so I am ok. I had to throw in more firewood and get it started to un-reverse the chimney flow.

So, if you got any carbon based fuel heating equipment (Natural gas, Oil, Kerosene, propane, etc), please pay your life with these little devices, they are so cheap than the life itself. All Electric appliance need not to worry BUT there is always chance, right?…. Candles!

BTW, for Carbon monoxide alarm, if you got one installed already, great! Check its expiration date. They usually expires or quit working 5, 7 or 10 years. If it passed the expiration date, replace it.

Back