Put Yourself on the Map!

LadySekhmet

Reaction score
I found this through Nucleus forums...

Put yourself on the map!

Hopefully there will be more people from Nevada on there! As well as Australia.

Zoom all the way to close, and you can see your home!

Also -

Cochlear had their 120,000th patient implanted with Cochlear site. I'm not sure if this number is Worldwide, or just the US alone. It sounds a bit of a smaller number. Also, i'm not sure how many AB implantees or Med El there are. It's been said that there's a couple thousand more than Cochlear. In a way, it makes sense because AB is pretty much more popular in America. Med El is more popular in Europe. Cochlear is popular all over the world.

Cochlear had their 120,000th patient implanted with Cochlear site. I'm not sure if this number is Worldwide, or just the US alone. It sounds a bit of a smaller number. Also, i'm not sure how many AB implantees or Med El there are. It's been said that there's a couple thousand more than Cochlear. In a way, it makes sense because AB is pretty much more popular in America. Med El is more popular in Europe. Cochlear is popular all over the world.

Cochlear has roughly 70% of the global market. Most cochlear implant sales in the world are in the US and so I would be surprised if AB had a bigger market share in the US for that reason. Maybe someone else has some stats for the US market alone.

Only a tiny proportion of people worldwide who could benefit from a CI get them because the price is very high due to the technology and lack of competition. Have a look at this article if you are interested:

http://www.healthaffairs.uci.edu/hesp/publications/Zeng%20viewpoint%20HJ2007.pdf

Can't join as it's for America and canada...

ooh! That sucks! I've tried to see if it's under just Cochlear's site, but it seems only restricted to US and Canada like you said. If you're from another country, which site do you access??

Kind of silly that Cochlear is based in Australia and have the site specifically for US and Canada.

Yeah, Mine is cochlear Uk and Ireland, there's cochlear Europe, not sure of asia/africa, I am sure there's one for Austraila.

Yeah it's silly that it was aimed for Usa when Cochlear is australian!! ummph!
I think it should be world wide....

Oh well never mind...

And on Cochlear Uk/ireland they don't "do" Map, I tried to get into forums aswell, think it's called nucleus forums.... guess what... only for Amercians!

Back