Purpose of swim molds?

ExR

Reaction score
For years, I've been wearing swim molds whenever I shower because I'm "not to get water in my ear". However, I've been doing this for years without knowing why!

Does anyone know why it's generally necessary for people to wear swim molds? I'm hoping that there's a generic answer for this because obviously I don't want to make an appointment with my ENT consultant just to ask him that!

Ty :)

ExR

For years, I've been wearing swim molds whenever I shower because I'm "not to get water in my ear". However, I've been doing this for years without knowing why!

Does anyone know why it's generally necessary for people to wear swim molds? I'm hoping that there's a generic answer for this because obviously I don't want to make an appointment with my ENT consultant just to ask him that!

Ty :)

ExR

I don't know and I don't have any. Almost every day now I swim in the afternoon and yes I get wet ears. I just let them dry before putting the HA's back in. Same after a shower, I suppose if you didn't have time to let your ears dry properly they would work.

There's swimmer ears. but I don't know if that's the reason why you been told to wear it. Perhap you have medical condition in the ear that's not good for water to get in your ear.

I could be wrong, but I think some kids with tubes in their ears and they been told to wear swimming ear plugs. But most tubes fall out when they get older, unless there is a permanent tubes.

Water in the middle & inner ears can cause infections....my ENT suggested to me that instead of "ear plugs" whenever I shower and wash my hair......to use cotton balls, swiped with Vaseline....it works for me!....
Haven't tried the ear swim molds, as I don't go swimming very much anymore. But ur doctor is correct and I would follow his advise to avoid any painful infections.

water in that gets in your ears can mix with the water on your brains and cause you to become hearing

Back