Purple Down?

RedWolf

Reaction score
I had noticed that I couldn't log in my MVP due to "invalid user name or password" I did tried again and again. It did not work. So I went to Purple website and the website is down. Then I tried to call Purple customer care and there was no answer. What going on over there???:shock:

I had noticed that I couldn't log in my MVP due to "invalid user name or password" I did tried again and again. It did not work. So I went to Purple website and the website is down. Then I tried to call Purple customer care and there was no answer. What going on over there???:shock:

Really! I will check it.

Hovrs.com is working fine. You will try it again. Let me know.

Hmmmmm....just now it is up and running...they must have fixed it....it been happening since 6am this morning. Everything went down but now it is working. hmmmmm

But customer service no answer from them yet.

Hmmmmm....just now it is up and running...they must have fixed it....it been happening since 6am this morning. Everything went down but now it is working. hmmmmm

But customer service no answer from them yet.

You better use hovrsIM AIM. Type CC - choose videophone - your IP address. You will wait for answer in your VP.

Off-topic, but Blackberry was down yesterday. Kept getting a message saying "data connection refused." I have never seen that before, ever. I didn't like how I couldn't send/receive messages for a few hours yesterday until they fixed it. I understand how it feels when something else is not working right.

Thanks to moderator whoever deleted some of the posts. :) I am surprised it was gone.

Off-topic, but Blackberry was down yesterday. Kept getting a message saying "data connection refused." I have never seen that before, ever. I didn't like how I couldn't send/receive messages for a few hours yesterday until they fixed it. I understand how it feels when something else is not working right.

AlleyCat, Did you call to find out why their server is down?

I believe the server is overwhelming the overload, it happens all the time and causes the server to crash down. It occurs with my iown internet ISP, they are not very good. Perhaps the ISP with HOVRS wasn't good enough?

Off topic!

Why are you pointing the other AD'er that they are going off topic? AC is just asking an simple question relating to server issues, please be careful on what you're talking about. You're just wasting posts though anyway.

I believe the server is overwhelming the overload, it happens all the time and causes the server to crash down. It occurs with my iown internet ISP, they are not very good. Perhaps the ISP with HOVRS wasn't good enough?

The server could be overwhelmed by the overload if there was too many people using the server. It would be great if they notify the MVP users by email if there was a problem and letting us know that they acknowledged the problem and currently working on the problem. I did tried calling the customer care at the time but there were no answer. Right now, the customer care are working fine, helping out customers. All I know that there will be firmware update coming up soon. I don't know when but it should be soon. Maybe the server was down while working with firmware, I don't really know what going on over there. :shrug:

Off topic!
qwerty, no, I wasn't being off topic. We were discussing about server issues that been happening to AC and me. Geesh.....:ugh:

Excatly, RedWolf, you have the point, that you tried to contact CC -- they are possibility used the same network with the server which the videophones connected via the server was down which might explain?

Excatly, RedWolf, you have the point, that you tried to contact CC -- they are possibility used the same network with the server which the videophones connected via the server was down which might explain?

That is possibility that they were using the same network with the server. The website was down, CC not answering, MVP not dialing out; which it is possible that the whole system was shut down including calling to CC. If the whole system is down, the videophone they were using wouldn't pick up. Or they turned off the videophone because they don't want to be overwhelmed with so many calls which CC already acknowledged the problem and were fixing it. Hmmm, strange...website, VP, MVP all shut down at once....that's odd.:shock: Really, I don't know how Purple Communications works behind the scene but it would be cool if they show it to me someday. :)

That is possibility that they were using the same network with the server. The website was down, CC not answering, MVP not dialing out; which it is possible that the whole system was shut down including calling to CC. If the whole system is down, the videophone they were using wouldn't pick up. Or they turned off the videophone because they don't want to be overwhelmed with so many calls which CC already acknowledged the problem and were fixing it. Hmmm, strange...website, VP, MVP all shut down at once....that's odd.:shock: Really, I don't know how Purple Communications works behind the scene but it would be cool if they show it to me someday. :)

I believe logging in your own account are relevant to the HOVRS server, overwhlemed would be the point of it unless an cable was cut off.

I will discuss with you soon in VP. I will send your report to my staff.

Redwolf, I can't find you in my Purple listings but I have your friend's name in it. She will get new MVP very soon. You will contact me in PM, please.

Ok, already did in your PM :)

MVP is working fine now and website is up working online. But I haven't called CC to see if they answer but I will call later today.

Back