Puppies

Oceanbreeze

Reaction score
I don't know if you all remember or not, but, a year ago I posted that we were getting a new yorkshire terrier puppy. That didn't work out the way we thought it would for a myriad of reasons.

Fast forward to this past June. We lost one of our pet Tebetan Terriers. My Dad is also very ill with cancer and terminal lung disease. He's stable for the time being, but his illness combined with losing my other dog was crushing to my family. Therefore, within days of my dogs death, we were online researching AKC breeds. We ended up purchasing a very sweet Havanese puppy that we named Zorro. He's now 8 mos old and a real sweetheart. He's so sweet that we didn't stop there! lol When Zorro was two mos old, we purchased a Havenese female, who we named Bella Rose. You can see her in my display pic. That was taken a few weeks after we got her. She was 2ibs in this picture. She's now 6 mos old and 8ibs. Zorro is quite a bit bigger at around 15ibs.

I love these little guys!

Sorry for your troubles. But it is a very cute dog. :) Havanese have a reputation as being very hard to house train. Is that going well with yours?

Sorry for your troubles. But it is a very cute dog. :) Havanese have a reputation as being very hard to house train. Is that going well with yours?

Zorro was very easy to housebreak. Little Rosie; not so much. She's just NOW semi reliable, but still has accidents. They also give subtle cues when they need to go outside that is hard for me to "read". We still have an older Tebetan Terrier that is helping to "teach them". But, it's still been slow going with the younger puppy. When one has to go out, they ALL go out. We also are trying to keep to a schedule hoping that Rosie will pick up on what she has to do and where.

Bless your heart for getting the sweet little things!

It would seem now that a lot of people are getting lapdogs as they are easier to take care of & lap dogs make great cuddlers!!

She's a real cutie!....from one dog lover to another....give her "kisses" and "cuddles"....Pretty sure she will be house-broken as you've got other dogs and she will surely follow, give her time, she's just a baby.....
Remmy the lady I bought my Pomeranian from....she had about 10 of them, and when they went out, the oldest dog was the leader and the rest of them followed right behind her!...When they came back in, all were "in line"...just like being in the military!...It sure was cute....My doggie is 3 now, and still looking for her a "playmate"....haven't found the "right" one yet.

Oh I have to share this of my wee Lil'Bit and hubby when it was Halloween night. It was dusk and easy for me to go out when I could still see nonetheless Lil'Bit was an additional treat for the little kids and their parents too as well.

DSC_0646-1.jpg

Oh I have to share this of my wee Lil'Bit and hubby when it was Halloween night. It was dusk and easy for me to go out when I could still see nonetheless Lil'Bit was an additional treat for the little kids and their parents too as well.

DSC_0646-1.jpg

aww that is very cutes dogs!

DSC_0646-1.jpg

OMG my own wife bastardize me! :eek3:

Back