Puppies in the cheese box

blondon704

Reaction score
Lol so I read that some people don't want to read about newbies if the title is newbie so there you go :) I am Becca nice to meet you all! I have been fascinated with ASL and deaf culture and have been diving in to it more and more every day. I myself, am hearing, two of my children (both sons) are deaf. When we first found out with my oldest I went out and bought hundreds of dvds and books. And since then (3 years ago) have just gotten more and more interested in the entire culture surrounding. I would love to take classes but unfortunately I am stuck in the middle of nowheres armpit and the closest place for me to take them is either 3 hours or in another state which is only 1 hour and 40 minutes but with 4 kids you can imagine how hard that would be !

Just wanted to do a little intro. Again nice to meet you all I am looking forward to getting to know you!

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Well, if you live in nowhere of all nowheres. I assume that you don't have a car or transportation to get where you can find ASL classes near or far. Maybe you can watch the "Signing Times" where you and the children can learn how to sign ASL. It might help. But still you need to attend a ASL class, so that you can learn how to sign basic and intermediate ASL and of course when you go on to more advanced ASL. So good luck with it.

I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

welcome to alldeaf

i am good teacher person I am ASL person Quality best ASL/ESL

Haha, yes I think that was me. I got tired of everyone starting with "Hi, I'm new!" Well yeah...

And see, it worked! I actually read your post with the snappy line. Welcome to AD! You're lucky to be living in the age of internet - you have countless places to go instantly to help you in your ASL quest.

Snippy line to catch attention. Sorry for the double post just realized the other one was up hehe

Back