Pub quiz anyone ?

lloveparis

Reaction score
l was thinking of working out of a way to do a sort of 'pub quiz' on here ..say once a week on a weekend at a set time. We could take it in turns to be the host to look up questions to ask, ie general knowledge, celeb knowlegdge, movie knowledge etc... any one thinks it would work? throw ideas out there for me if you think it would work....

That sounds like a lovely idea! Maybe post the questions on Friday evening; allow participants time to answer around their schedule and post the answers Sunday evening? That could be fun :)

What a neat idea. I'm glad you reached out and join the community. Welcome :)

but I have a problem, everyone is going to google it out to find the answer :(

Maybe set questions about ourselves kind of like a questionnaire, or guessing how long Paris's beautiful hair is.:gorgeous3:

morning everyone. l was doing a search on youtube and there are loads of videos on how to set up 'pub quiz' on zoom so people could sign to each other with the q and a but problem is l wouldnt be able to join in as l cant sigh yet ;( So your idea's about set questions on the forum l think might work.
l was thinking if we have a set time and night to be on the forum and say im the host and l choose a 'theme,' lets say questions on movies, and l post the first question..then l wait to see who posts the first answer correct ( they would have to be fast as others on the forum could post before them) l would keep a score board to list who got the q correct..then after my set of questions for the night, ll post who got the highest score. Then the following week someone else volunteers to be the host and does the same and they choose another 'theme' for the night.
do you think that could work ? if we stuck to a set time and night, it would be as if we are really meeting up at a pub..we could plan the evening for a relaxing hour on the forum ( with a drink or two plus nibbles of cause lol )
l think we would have to stick to a set time and night so the members on here could log in and join in ..perhaps the host for that week could say when they are doing the 'pub quiz' before hand so members on here can see if they are able to log in on the hosts set time.
what do you think ? if you think it would work. ll be the first host for tomorrow (Saturday )
*** l just need a few ideas on whats the best time as many on here are in the states and diff time line as Uk..
let me know if you think this could work ?

l ll be of line till this afternoon as l have eye appointment this morning..while im in waiting room, ll have a think about our pub quiz to see if l get any more ideas to be able to get it going smoothly..x

Sounds ok to me, kind of like live chat, first poster wins kind of thing.

hi guy...lv done a bit of researching about hosting a 'pub quiz' as lv never been to one ,so it all new to me. So the first time l do this might not go smoothly till we have at least tried it out.. so here is what lv got planned out so far.

1/ l will log into forum at a set day and time ( please vote what would be the best day and time)
2/ the host for the week chooses a theme..ie me this week..and the theme... l choose this week it will be Movie questions.
3/ there will be 50 questions split into 5 rounds...10 questions per round.
ie
round 1 : movie anagrams x10 (ll post the questions and you have 10 min to write your answers down at home) after the 10 mins ll give out the 10 correct answers and you have to do your own scoring at home.
*** you get 5 points for each correct answer.
then ll move onto
round 2: movie quotes..(and same as above for each round)
round 3, :celebrity questions
round 4. movie titles
round 5, : actors stared in which film

im guessing it will take about hour to do the quiz, then each person who played the quiz then posts their total score on the forum at the end of the hour...
to make it fun l suggest the winner posts a photo of themself on the forum as the winner of the weeks 'pub quiz' ...drink in hand optional) lol

Back