PT Tubes in ear?

birdlady

Reaction score
Has anyone had pt tubs put in to help with drainage in ear .Did it help.? or did you have problem,s? I didnt see any question s on this subjsct. My new dr wants to put tubs in .He says I have bad nerve damage to my ear and need to drain the fluid and it may help regain a bit of my hearing.. maybe enough for a aide.. any ideas he want to do it tuesday.. please reply..

My daughter has had tubes in her ears due to frequent ear infections. She does not have any hearing loss (except a little in the one ear that required a new ear drum...not due to the tubes).

The fluid is probably causing conductive loss and maybe it will give you some hearing back if the fluid can be removed with the tubes.

I'd say is a minor procedure as they do it to kids who get frequent ear infections.

My daughter has had tubes in her ears due to frequent ear infections. She does not have any hearing loss (except a little in the one ear that required a new ear drum...not due to the tubes).

The fluid is probably causing conductive loss and maybe it will give you some hearing back if the fluid can be removed with the tubes.

I'd say is a minor procedure as they do it to kids who get frequent ear infections.

Thanks for the reply, I know it is probly minor.I am deaf on left and little hearing on right. doctor says the fluid id why i hear my heart beat and the fog horn sound. I hope the tubes stay in are they in with your daughter.

Thanks for the reply, I know it is probly minor.I am deaf on left and little hearing on right. doctor says the fluid id why i hear my heart beat and the fog horn sound. I hope the tubes stay in are they in with your daughter.
Tubes will come out on their own. I think maybe 3-6 months. The hole will close up on it's own.

To drain the fluid. After it's drained, the doctor hopes the problem is solved.

Maybe it has to be repeated sometimes.

I had a tube put in my left ear last year. It didn't hurt.

The hope was that if there were a lot of fluid in my ear causing my vertigo attacks, that it would lessen them. Didn't help for me - but if one does have fluid in there, they can be very beneficial. And yes, they do fall out. Mine lasted about six months I think.

PS: For adults it can be done in-office.

They wanted to put tubes in my son's ears when he was little due to ear infections, but due to his numerous allergies, they did not feel that it would be safe enough for him. He is allergic to most antibiotics, pain medicines and other types of medicines, as am I. Luckily we both have very high thresholds for pain. He is now 16 and has had 22 ear infections.

my mother worst infect ear serious often I am surprised label diangos!

I have had them. Easy. Very helpful and yes, they do come out on their own. Fluid in the ear should be temporary, the tubes help drain the fluid so no need to have permanent tubes.

Thanks for all the replys ,I have had draining in my ears sence november. cant seem to get it to stop. I( take sudafed but not it is hard to get . and now i am having tubes put in tomorrow again thanks for the replys.....

Back