Psychic Who Said Amanda Berry Was Dead Silent After Berry Is Found Alive

rockin'robin

Reaction score
A year after Amanda Berry disappeared in Cleveland, her mother appeared on "The Montel Williams Show" to speak to a psychic about what happened to her daughter.

Psychic Sylvia Browne, who has made a career of televised psychic readings, told Louwanna Miller on a 2004 episode of the show that her daughter was dead, causing Miller to break down in tears on the show's set.

"She's not alive, honey," Browne told Miller on the show, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer newspaper. "Your daughter's not the kind who wouldn't call."

Miller told the newspaper that she believed "98 percent" in what Browne told her. Miller died a year later from heart failure.

On Monday, Berry was found alive after she broke free from a home in Cleveland where she says she has been kept for the past decade.

Browne did not return phone calls seeking comment today by ABC News. The Montel Williams show, through syndicator CBS, also did not return calls for comment. The show no longer airs new episodes.

It's not the first time that Browne, and other psychics, have come under fire for their involvement in law enforcement cases.

In 2003, Browne incorrectly told the parents of missing teen Shawn Hornbeck that their son was dead, and his body could be found somewhere near "two jagged boulders," according to her premonition.

Nearly four years later, Hornbeck was found alive, and Browne was widely criticized in the media for causing the Hornbecks additional grief.

A website called "Stop Sylvia Browne," dedicated to cataloguing Browne's purported failures at prediction, sprang up in 2006.

Last year, Dwayne Baker told ABC News that after his son went missing in 2007, he was flooded with calls from psychics offering potential leads into the whereabouts of Travis Baker.

"It's very hard,' Dwayne Baker said. "I went through everything. My son was missing for two years, two months and 12 days. "Psychics called me. I even received a DVD in the mail that a guy claimed he could talk to the dead and this was Travis' voice, with no return address. I don't understand why people would want to do that."

"The psychics…" said Baker, 45, before pausing to let out a long sigh. "I hate to say how many of those called me and said they knew where Travis was. My mother and wife went to one and paid them $100."

Travis Baker's remains were located in 2009.

Brad Garret, a former special agent with the FBI and ABC News consultant said that alleged tips from psychics rarely help solve a case.

"As far as finding a victim, finding remains, finding evidence or in any way helping to solve the case, it's never been my experience," he said. "So, it's really a disservice to victims."

"We've never had a psychic lead that turns out to be correct," said Lt. Dave Parker, of the Anchorage, Alaska, police department, after 18-year-old Samantha Koenig went missing in February, 2012.

Today, Brown faced backlash on social media for her incorrect prediction about Amanda Berry. It is unclear whether she has helped to solve a crime with her psychic predictions.

"Psychics make me sick. Here's an example: Sylvia Browne told Amanda Berry's Mum (now dead) her daughter was dead," wrote Twitter user Chris McBriarty.

Psychic Who Said Amanda Berry Was Dead Silent After Berry Is Found Alive - Yahoo!

tumblr_m555r764Or1qh7u32o1_250.gif

Raising false hopes or extinguishing real hopes is something that one person should never do to another.

Wirelessly posted

AlleyCat said:
Raising false hopes or extinguishing real hopes is something that one person should never do to another.

I agree. Shame on her.

I agree with all the above.

well well, there ARE REAL ONES...google up Kelvin Cruickshank, and I suspect that this woman in US, 'got it wrong' OR maybe the girls are 'dead in emotion' OR, she just couldnt pick it up, they're not dead, she did a stupid thing made it up, like, she was the 'public' too who believed they were dead, but her psyche didnt register it...
thats my guess...

Twelve Questions: Kelvin Cruickshank - Entertainment - NZ Herald News

Sensing Bullshit - Psychics are Frauds

Kelvin Cruickshank | Psychic Medium Kelvin Cruickshank

heres 3 links id share, and the middle one is against, like saying its bullshit..its interesting to read...but I still believe Kelvin is real...there ARE some, but fewer than, let put it this way,...see a real pyche, stay away, they're bullshiters...see a poor one...hardly fails...thats' good one...

my 4 cents (count in inflation) LOL

Interesting, similar news appearing all sudden in the past week where society thought they were dead but turned out to be alive. Another one, a mother went though divorce in PA, dropped her kids and never came back. The father was once suspect, but later cleared. Declared Deceased two years ago, recently after 10 years she re-appeared.

Her ex husband was furious for society blaming on him as murderer where he was innocent, his reputation was damaged. Kids wants their own mother rot in hell. Wow.

"The psychics…" said Baker, 45, before pausing to let out a long sigh. "I hate to say how many of those called me and said they knew where Travis was. My mother and wife went to one and paid them $100."

I do not dismiss that this whole "psychic" thing as a science of baloney cuckoo but it's really about you get what you pay for. I'm sorry but if you're paying a psychic $100 for some "reading"... you're a quack.

a $100 psychic reading? what do you expect????? :roll:

I smell a lawsuit.

I doubt it. you can't sue a cheap shoddy business and expect it to provide a premium service. I say - shame on Montel Williams for causing grief and agony.

let me guess... in this Sylvia Browne's defense, she thought Berry was dead because the basement was lined with 2" lead and some aluminum foil which blocked the telepathic signal.

quackery. just more quackery. Sylvia Browne, Montel Williams, and the parents. I should sue them for such a farce :roll:

let me guess... in this Sylvia Browne's defense, she thought Berry was dead because the basement was lined with 2" lead and some aluminum foil which blocked the telepathic signal.

quackery. just more quackery. Sylvia Browne, Montel Williams, and the parents. I should sue them for such a farce :roll:

lol, i did thought of that too, but i restrained myself from sounding abit *mad*

Interesting, similar news appearing all sudden in the past week where society thought they were dead but turned out to be alive. Another one, a mother went though divorce in PA, dropped her kids and never came back. The father was once suspect, but later cleared. Declared Deceased two years ago, recently after 10 years she re-appeared.

Her ex husband was furious for society blaming on him as murderer where he was innocent, his reputation was damaged. Kids wants their own mother rot in hell. Wow.

its rare...

still rare...

That psychic could the main reason the mother dies. The poor mother most likely dies from a broken heart . I had an uncle that had only one child, a son who had a drowning accident and was not going to made it. His father dies of a broken heart two days before his son dies. That is so horrible for the woman to find out her mother dies while she was kidnap.

I doubt it. you can't sue a cheap shoddy business and expect it to provide a premium service. I say - shame on Montel Williams for causing grief and agony.

I also blame the people that watch shows like Montel Williams or DR. Philip , these shows exploit people only for a rating and $$$!

Isn't that an excuse that we would expect from Superman instead? His x-ray ability doesn't work through lead. ;)

Used to watch the Montel Williams show a lot, especially when Sylvia Browne was his guest (which was often).....I was pretty skeptical....as she was actually pretty convincing....and Montel Williams bragging that she predicted all those natural disasters and they happened, etc., etc.

It was all a farce...and bet she was a millionaire!...just siting on her arse making all those predictions....taking questions from the audience about their loved ones, writing books about her visions....

Now-a-days, I see Montel Williams making a commercial on TV about some "Loan Company"....he's taken a drastic step down from his hey-days!....and he claimed he had MS...wondering about that also, as he looked really healthy in those commercials....

Back