PS3 updating

JClarke

AD Veteran
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have an issue, my PS3 updates its latest system software but my housemate's doesn't and it is connected to the internet but it is taking forever to start, it is sitting at 0% and won't start. Is there a better alternative that I can get the software to be updated for my housemate's playstation 3?

Then, let me find a USB drive! it is a mess in my room.. where is it?

Yes, I did and am waiting for my housemate to finish playing basketball there

Failed to and I found out I have the same problem with my PS3 when I tried to download 2.70

Sorry, wish I could help.
Mine is working, they added text chat, even can chat during the gameplay, which is pretty cool. We chatted via text chat all night til 2am.

PS3 system update

2.70 that update for new text chat.. That is so much easy than that has like messager group for game on COD5 w@w.. it help alot..:cool2:

Yea it so much easy to use one part of chat group...!!!
Mine is working, they added text chat, even can chat during the gameplay, which is pretty cool. We chatted via text chat all night til 2am.

I tried to get the 2.70 file off playstation website but they don't have it there yet only have the 2.60 file...

i couldn't get that off the site since my PS3 is very stuborn in downloading, I need to get that file so I can install it manually.

i couldn't get that off the site since my PS3 is very stuborn in downloading, I need to get that file so I can install it manually.

Go to PS website and it's US version but should work on Australian PS3.
PlayStation.com

I used to had Japanese version of firmware for my PSP in last 3 years ago due they offers 2.0 only for Japanese version at this time.

PS3 don't have region restriction, unlike Xbox 360 and Wii.

Edit, it already released on Australian PS website.
http://au.playstation.com/support/ps3/faqs/systemupdate270.jhtml

thanks for the link, I shall have it fixed tonight! :D

I had my PS3 updated last night :)

Mod note:

Thread's merged.

I must be dumb. It is all fixed, thanks Foxrac.

Back