Programmer, Engineer, Designer?

Stargazer Lilies

Reaction score
Any of you or do you know someone who is android/iOS programmer or electronic engineer or product designer?

I wanted to find out about what it takes to develop app for mobile device to interacts with external kit/device/toy/add-on.

Thanks!
~Lily

Actually I am web designer. Developing website and mobile interactive app or physical product are two different things.

I guess there is no active member here who is iOS/Android programmer, or electronic engineer or industrial/product designer?

sound look likes web development. isos./android programmer...
lots of depend people. it is complication is Android programmer I am good php and css :)

sound look likes web development. isos./android programmer... lots of depend people. it is complication is Android programmer I am good php and css :)

Have you use Zite, a magazine/reader app? Do you think you can develop that kind of app? I wanted to develop similar app.

Also, can you develop android app, install it on android smartphone, then use app to interacts with electronic toy(remote car, copter, robotics toys) and develop the electronic toy too?

I have several ideas I wanted to develop :)

Have you use Zite, a magazine/reader app? Do you think you can develop that kind of app? I wanted to develop similar app.

Also, can you develop android app, install it on android smartphone, then use app to interacts with electronic toy(remote car, copter, robotics toys) and develop the electronic toy too?

ok, i thinking about to try Android app, I think so possible, figure out :) see find out I never heard Zite:lol: you pm me

Last edited:

Are you saying you want to do web publishing? There are two ways you can do it, develop and app(as you state) or use CSS files with existing platform browsers. Most companies have an engineer for each platform such as Android, Windows Mobile and iOS. In addition, you have to build for tablets as well as phones.

Download the eclipse development environment and you can then download the SDK for each OS to build apps for them. You will need each physical device to deployment and testing.

Publishing apps are not easy, but it really depends on how complex are the documents.

Are you saying you want to do web publishing? There are two ways you can do it, develop and app(as you state) or use CSS files with existing platform browsers. Most companies have an engineer for each platform such as Android, Windows Mobile and iOS. In addition, you have to build for tablets as well as phones.

Download the eclipse development environment and you can then download the SDK for each OS to build apps for them. You will need each physical device to deployment and testing.

Publishing apps are not easy, but it really depends on how complex are the documents.

I know how to use CSS files and javascripts with existing platform browsers, and unfortunately SDK are too complex and time consuming for me :( , hence outsourcing.

I used to do basic Visual (microsoft/window) and tries to learn Java (oracle). Audrino / C++--I am not familar with them, let alone have the time to learn them. So I am looking for people who may have know-how to do work for me.

I wanted to find independent or freelancing engineer first before resorting to app/product development firm.

Thanks.

it seems I can't pm you, it says you choose to not receive any private messages.
I think so 50 posts limit! rule posts prevent to spam otherwise!!. limit 50 posts allow anytime private message and email okay it strictly make sure clear!

I think so 50 posts limit! rule posts prevent to spam otherwise!!. limit 50 posts allow anytime private message and email okay it strictly make sure clear!

I have a little over 50 posts, and I still can't PM you? :confused:
"Smithtr has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Smithtr from the recipient list and send the message again."

I have a little over 50 posts, and I still can't PM you? :confused:
"Smithtr has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Smithtr from the recipient list and send the message again."
hmm okay.. I can do try send to pm you . let know me now I can pm you!!, i did..

I wanted to find out about what it takes to develop app for mobile device to interacts with external kit/device/toy/add-on.

Thanks!
~Lily

Then you should rephrase the question because you are asking about what it takes to do the work, not for someone who does the work.

Perhaps re-post this with a job opening as you are looking for a specific person not a specific way to do the work.

Any of you or do you know someone who is android/iOS programmer or electronic engineer or product designer?

Thanks!
~Lily

yes but you can't afford it.

Then you should rephrase the question because you are asking about what it takes to do the work, not for someone who does the work.

Perhaps re-post this with a job opening as you are looking for a specific person not a specific way to do the work.

You are correct, I should have rephrase the question to ask for someone who may have the experience to do the work. I may do that later on.

Thanks.

I know how to use CSS files and javascripts with existing platform browsers, and unfortunately SDK are too complex and time consuming for me :( , hence outsourcing.

I used to do basic Visual (microsoft/window) and tries to learn Java (oracle). Audrino / C++--I am not familar with them, let alone have the time to learn them. So I am looking for people who may have know-how to do work for me.

I wanted to find independent or freelancing engineer first before resorting to app/product development firm.

Thanks.

okay I check it I I forget! I can help you

curious. just give me a ballpark estimate of how much do you think a programmer would cost you?

For Zite-like app...due to the need of back-end programming/software for crawling of the web to find suitable media, I would expect programmer with proper skills to cost me about 75-150 per hour. If I am lucky, it will be 20K at minimum for creation of app and I dont think it will exceed 50K, however I could be wrong.

For conceptual idea with external kit, app will be lot cheaper and the bulk of cost will be toward building the hardware kit to go with app. 15-20K is my estimate for develop this prototype. I have various options to raise funds for the manufacturing costs.

Of course, I didn't forget the hosting, marketing, and user support costs in both cases. I would have to find the right price point where it is affordable for buyers (direct customers and distributors/wholesalers) and yet profit margin is adequate to covers the expenses and to generate net income.

For Zite-like app...due to the need of back-end programming/software for crawling of the web to find suitable media, I would expect programmer with proper skills to cost me about 75-150 per hour. If I am lucky, it will be 20K at minimum for creation of app and I dont think it will exceed 50K, however I could be wrong.

For conceptual idea with external kit, app will be lot cheaper and the bulk of cost will be toward building the hardware kit to go with app. 15-20K is my estimate for develop this prototype. I have various options to raise funds for the manufacturing costs.

Of course, I didn't forget the hosting, marketing, and user support costs in both cases. I would have to find the right price point where it is affordable for buyers (direct customers and distributors/wholesalers) and yet profit margin is adequate to covers the expenses and to generate net income.

ooo! that sounds just about right. you definitely did your homework very well. good luck finding a good one!

Back