Profoundly deaf - anyone like me, have CI?

Hey everyone - today is my one year milestone, I have just published my blog post about it. If you're interested, please see my signature below and enjoy the read. Thank you very much for your all ongoing support. It has been a great achievement. :cool2:

You're a year late :lol: I did my research
I visited your blog and read all of the posts. They are very interesting to read! You have not updated since first week of July. How are you doing at this time? Are you able to hear words?

able to hear words means you can hear the sounds

or able to hear words mean you understand the words?

Yeah I know I am overdue for another update, will do accordingly when I get the chance. Have beeb busy with life and work.

I have CI an N5 it been 3-4 years now

Sent from my Z995 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Wow, this thread is due for a new post last time I posted here was in 2014. It's 2017 now.

This thread has started when I was 21 years old... I'm nearly 30 years old now. :shock:

For the past four years, wearing my C.I. I have continued to learn so much sounds and my speech has leaped compared to the first few months of my CI journey and my lipreading is at around 95% (my assumption) but I have wore it for so long to be sufficent enough. I can engage an decent conversation with a hearing person without any issues.

Fast forward 4 years later.. in the coming weeks, I am due to receive an speech processor upgrade to Nucleus 6!

Wow, this thread is due for a new post last time I posted here was in 2014. It's 2017 now.

This thread has started when I was 21 years old... I'm nearly 30 years old now. :shock:

For the past four years, wearing my C.I. I have continued to learn so much sounds and my speech has leaped compared to the first few months of my CI journey and my lipreading is at around 95% (my assumption) but I have wore it for so long to be sufficent enough. I can engage an decent conversation with a hearing person without any issues.

Fast forward 4 years later.. in the coming weeks, I am due to receive an speech processor upgrade to Nucleus 6!
That's Great news!!

Hi Jake,

I have enjoyed reading this thread. Do you still have your blog? From the comments it seems like it is a very interesting read. The link is no longer in your signatures. Can you share the link? Thanks.

be careful. I just had a CI that failed. My story is here: //cihorrorstory.com

JClarke has had his CI for 5 years. I'm sure by now any issues would have come up. And I'm also sure he's aware and knows his own situation.

I'm sorry that you yourself are having issues. No technology, procedure, surgery, therapy, medication etc is perfect or 100% effective.

Back