Profoundly deaf - anyone like me, have CI?

I don't have CI but I have another kind of implant that goes into the bone. I got it four years ago.

Surgery happens to be on friday next week! So nervous but excited to look forward to the switch on in early July! :Ohno:

I wish Hear again would have known what had happened to my decision because she was the one of the handful discussing with my questions in the beginning of this thread, lol - and thus, three years later, I will be soon to offical CIborg! :mrgreen:

Good luck with your CI surgery in a next couple of days. It is going to be a big journey for you.

read your blog, and just letting you know, Cochlear is offering vouchers to newbies so they can get the N6 when it's released. Not sure if this applies to Australia but hopefully you can get it. :)

read your blog, and just letting you know, Cochlear is offering vouchers to newbies so they can get the N6 when it's released. Not sure if this applies to Australia but hopefully you can get it. :)
This is what I got from my audi

Thanks for your email. We have not any information regarding an issue date for the upgraded processor- as such therefore we don’t know when it will be available. No you will not be eligible for an upgrade as soon as it is released- rest assured however that the current speech processor the CP810 is a very good processor.

btw, guys, in my siggy below - there is my CI journey blog. Keep on an eye on the ongoing updates. :)

just a little update, I am home from hospital and I have CI in my head now. I am doing well, will update blog when I feel like to. Stay tuned! :cool:

Back