Profoundly deaf - anyone like me, have CI?

Thanks Jiro for the recommendation! That classical music is definitely fined, I could tell which is which, the sounds of the piano and the violins. Wonderful! If you know any other good music that you think I should listen, throw it to me, I'll give it a go.

Does the music sound "normal" for you already? I have been working on listening to my daughters piano music and it still sounds like dogs howling. Am I missing something? I would love to be able to enjoy music again.

I have a question please......does Cochlear brand have these two cables? I have only seen one with my stuff.
The surge one is called '"Mains Isolation Cable"
The other one is the "Personal audio cable"

Does the music sound "normal" for you already? I have been working on listening to my daughters piano music and it still sounds like dogs howling. Am I missing something? I would love to be able to enjoy music again.
I have been around music a lot due to my father's love of music, and he have a piano at home. So I may have noticed the difference of the sounds, but still needs more work, however this video is more finer as I think.

maybe the dogs are actually howling :lol:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-hQwjrzjTQ[/ame]

The surge one is called '"Mains Isolation Cable"
The other one is the "Personal audio cable"

Thank you, I will have to take another look. I read your blog, great story.

You really didn't get much of your hair shaved off. They did a lot on mine but it's growing back.

I have a question please......does Cochlear brand have these two cables? I have only seen one with my stuff.

Yep Mr Clarke give the names too ... both are made by cochlear and are packaged in the small plastic packs separately ... I was curious how much those cost so I priced them when I got mine ... the cable with the surge protector was $180 and the other was $130 I think but I'm sure they've gone up since 2009.

Last edited:
Yep Mr Clarke give the names too ... both are made by cochlear and are packaged in the small plastic packs separately ... I was curious how much those cost so I priced them when I got mine ... the cable with the surge protector was $180 and the other was $130 I think but I'm sure they've gone up since 2009.
They sure have, the surge protector here I believe has gone up to $200 however they are sure expensive as they are specifically designed for the cochlear speech processors.

On the other side note, my blog has been updated but from now on, I'll put a updated date next to the blog link in my signature, so that way you all can keep an eye on it :)

*jumps out from behind a door and yells* BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Jclarke, I read your FB & Google+ blog. Congrats!! Same sound equals hearing person?

I take it you read my blog :P

I like this one - combination of rock + jazz. just don't let their facial expressions freak you out :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfAqWdxSJ9Q]Hiromi The Trio Project - Desire (Live Fuji Rock Festival '12) - YouTube[/ame]

They sure have, the surge protector here I believe has gone up to $200 however they are sure expensive as they are specifically designed for the cochlear speech processors.

On the other side note, my blog has been updated but from now on, I'll put a updated date next to the blog link in my signature, so that way you all can keep an eye on it :)

noise at workplace is something I can't really get used to it. it's very distracting and bothersome. I'm just very happy to be able to work at home most of time. a complete silence... nothing but the sound of my own fart :cool2:

noise at workplace is something I can't really get used to it. it's very distracting and bothersome. I'm just very happy to be able to work at home most of time. a complete silence... nothing but the sound of my own fart :cool2:
Yeah like yesterday, it was a bit difficult being in a group trivia while hearing the traffic out the window, which is right next to me!

Jclarke, I read your FB & Google+ blog. Congrats!! Same sound equals hearing person?
Close enough, yes, but not 100% however it helps me hear better. Like for now, I can hear my wife's hair dryer in the bathroom, next door.

Blog has been updated. Interesting experiences there! ;)

Blog has been updated, once again - and this one is amazing!

Hi JClarke!
I read your blog and its very interesting to read! Looking forward to hear more about your progress. Your hearing will get better and better! It just take time. :)

Hi JClarke!
I read your blog and its very interesting to read! Looking forward to hear more about your progress. Your hearing will get better and better! It just take time. :)
Actually, it does. I heard rain for the first time today!

Back