Problems with hearing aid places?

WildHunt

Reaction score
I don't know if it's typical of hearing aid places, but..

I applied to get new hearing aids a few months ago. I've called the place and shown up there a few times in person and every time I went/called, they couldn't find my files... I could see my husband's file right there in the filing system clear as day, and yet they couldn't find mine? wtf?

They called to set up an appointment for filling out ear molds even though I ALREADY did that a few months prior... uhhh... so they said ok, they'll go ahead and send in the request for hearing aids. That was March 6th or somewhere around then. Thing is, they said they sent it in February 15th... uhhh...? Whatever. I don't really know what's going on.

I'm thinking of calling them tomorrow to ask about the status of the hearing aid request and etc, but I have a feeling that if this whole fiasco is over, should I just go ahead and transfer somewhere else that will accept my insurance for coverage of hearing aids or just shut up and stay with them since they're closest to my place?

Sounds like they are hopelessly disorganised. It's very stressful isn't it when an audiology place wastes your time like that? I've been through about 3-4 clinics before I finally found one I liked. As it happened it was a good choice, because then I got a CI and my audie was one of the few places in town that does CI mappings.

Do you know any other deaf people locally? Perhaps they can recommend a better place for you.

Sounds like they're very unorganized.

Did they spell your name right. That's sometimes a problem.

Yeah my name was spelled right, just that I have two last names (it's hyphenated) but NEITHER of those names were filed..

I think they need a better filing system and a receptionist that is better organized.

The only deaf people that I know locally aren't well, locally. I'm in the eastern outer-surban areas, the rest of them are WAY south-west of me, about 20 to 40 minutes drive away... *shrugs*

This place near me was the only place that would take my insurance, and it's convenient for me to travel to.

Wow try different clinic hearing aids if it is not same ??

I went hearing aids clinic but it rip it off so I go different other place which it much better for me. the first one clinic was rip off the prices but they have my name files there. So I am not go that place anymore I use other place which it much better when I come in and tell the lady that I am here for appt then the lady check on the list on paper to look for my name and it is there then I sit in waiting room to wait for lady calling my name just like a doctor :) now I need new tubes and ear molds cuz the tubes are hard need new one and ear molds need new cuz it make my ears itches which it old.

Yeah my name was spelled right, just that I have two last names (it's hyphenated) but NEITHER of those names were filed..

I think they need a better filing system and a receptionist that is better organized.

The only deaf people that I know locally aren't well, locally. I'm in the eastern outer-surban areas, the rest of them are WAY south-west of me, about 20 to 40 minutes drive away... *shrugs*

This place near me was the only place that would take my insurance, and it's convenient for me to travel to.
Hmm... then I guess it was due to not being organized.

Next time you go, try getting a copy of the paperwork they filed. That way, you have something to prove the next time you visit.

For instance, you go in to get new ear molds. After you get your new ear molds and they supposedly update your file with a note that you got new ear molds from them, get a copy of that note (tell them you want a copy so you know what kind of business you've done with them in the past) along with a receipt. Next time you go and they play dumb again, show them the paperwork as proof and that should make them realize the mistake they've made. :)

Back