Problems with Advanced Bionics Naida CI

still awaiting on FDA approval of the waterproof case for the Naida in the US, and it'll cost as much as $1000 (maybe $900) if I remember right? That's if you need the whole package (case, AquaMic + aqua cable)... It's the same AquaMic and cable that's used on the Neptune.

still awaiting on FDA approval of the waterproof case for the Naida in the US, and it'll cost as much as $1000 (maybe $900) if I remember right? That's if you need the whole package (case, AquaMic + aqua cable)... It's the same AquaMic and cable that's used on the Neptune.

hey CD, that's great news... I didn't know that I could use my Neptune aquamic with my Nadia. :)

So would I just need to order a separate cable to connect the two? Or do you need the case as well? Have you heard about prices for just the case? I imagine the cable will be around ~$120 like the others.

Naida adv bionics

I have replaced the processor 5 times in the last five months all went wrong in humid conditions on holiday and whenever playing sports and because of sweat . I am going to complain to the company no joy here

hey CD, that's great news... I didn't know that I could use my Neptune aquamic with my Nadia. :)

So would I just need to order a separate cable to connect the two? Or do you need the case as well? Have you heard about prices for just the case? I imagine the cable will be around ~$120 like the others.

FDA has approved of it. Don't know on price specifics yet. You should be able to use the Aquamic cable and Aquamic headpiece with the Naida Aqua Case. Naida is connected to a port inside the case, and you use the Aquamic set up on the outside.

http://www.advancedbionics.com/com/en/products/accessories/aquacase.html

I have replaced the processor 5 times in the last five months all went wrong in humid conditions on holiday and whenever playing sports and because of sweat . I am going to complain to the company no joy here

They did redesign the processor to help with the moisture problems that a lot of people were having. You can see the difference in the photo I'm attaching (left is the old one, right is the modified one). Have you gotten a redesigned Naida when you had yours replaced yet?

naida.jpg

yeah, that's when AB will officially start selling the case in the US. Hopefully at some point soon enough word will get around on what the pricing will be, for those interested in getting one.

yeah, that's when AB will officially start selling the case in the US. Hopefully at some point soon enough word will get around on what the pricing will be, for those interested in getting one.

I wonder if they will have separate sales for AquaCase only and something like the "AquaCase package", the latter being for people who do not already have an AquaMic and AquaCable. I believe you can use the UHP and UHP cable for the case as well as long as it is being used for something that does not involve going in the water.

I wonder if they will have separate sales for AquaCase only and something like the "AquaCase package", the latter being for people who do not already have an AquaMic and AquaCable. I believe you can use the UHP and UHP cable for the case as well as long as it is being used for something that does not involve going in the water.

I've been hearing there would be separate packages, Aquacase only and one for the complete kit.

After 5 or 6 Naida changed on a quasi-monthly rate since March 2014 (and very fortunately, I live in the same town where is the distributor!) - at last! - I got the redesigned one, and now it is going fine for one month the next Monday; on every Monday, I'm inspecting he "window" with microscope, finding it clean as in 1st day, left apart some grains of dust.
The previous design was regularly filled by liquids pushed by capillarity, and the colors of residuals were repellent, to say little...
The window added in the new design definitely breaks the capillarity matter.
Also, they put some silicone beneath the top part, that which is covering the buttons; in the previous design, if I sucked in the groove, there was often fluids spilling.
Now, nothing.
On the other hand, I customized a bit my batteries by rounding edges with a nail file, thus opening a bit the originally narrow groove that forms the closure, so that the above part (i.e., processor case) behaves like a gutter, and thus keeping internal parts safer from flowing sweat.
Let's Hope!

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I have been lurking a it, and I am very impressed by your community.

My wife has also been having issues with her Naida T-Mic.

A little history : My wife received her first implant in 2007. It was a Harmony. She went bilateral about 12 months ago and at that time she upgraded to the Naida processor.

She had her first T-mic failure just a week ago and then her other one failed just this past Friday. As others have posted AB has been very responsive in replacing and shipping the new parts.

In my wife's case there does not seem to be anything wrong with where the mic actually connects. I suspect the failure is happening more toward the end of the mic. She follows all AB's recommended procedures. Everything goes in the Dry and Store every evening. She uses her older Harmonys for yoga and any activity that she fears might cause harm. I personally cannot imagine she is putting to mic to more stress than a very active child might.

As others have stated we never had a hardware issue with her Harmonys. I must say I was surprised as to how sturdy they turned out to be. We have also had two headpiece cables fall apart on the Naida.

I will be following this thread with interest.

A small note : It was noted in this thread that the batteries are not to in the Dry and Store. That conflicts with what AB advises in their literature.

Thank You.

I've had so many issues with the Naida processor and peripherals that I'm keeping track of them in a spreadsheet. A month or so ago, I received a letter from AB stating they were extending the warranty 1 or 2 years due to the reports of problems they have.

My headpieces have both been replaced (one 2x). The plastic clip that holds the processor was replaced in one month (the AB rep questioned me if it's the same clip that was just replaced ... it was and I'm dependent on the clip). Lithium batteries died early and were replaced. Cables were replaced and now I have to send back the processor.

My concern is IF the problems have not been corrected in new units and peripherals being sent out, I'll have paid a massive amount of money for a product that should be recalled and fixed.

An extended warranty on a product with so many problems is virtually useless because the same problems will continue beyond the small extended warranty (compared to the cost of the unit package). I will find out eventually if the problems have been fixed in parts being shipped back to me especially since AB knows and responded to the number of issues reported. If the problems haven't been corrected in replacement parts, AB comes off my list of recommending them.

So far since getting my Naidas in late October I have not had any problems, even with the processors falling off and hitting solid ground and all that. I'm still using the same UHP that was on my Harmony on my left Naida (almost 3 years of use with the same headpiece). Cables are so far holding up.

I've had so many issues with the Naida processor and peripherals that I'm keeping track of them in a spreadsheet. A month or so ago, I received a letter from AB stating they were extending the warranty 1 or 2 years due to the reports of problems they have.

My headpieces have both been replaced (one 2x). The plastic clip that holds the processor was replaced in one month (the AB rep questioned me if it's the same clip that was just replaced ... it was and I'm dependent on the clip). Lithium batteries died early and were replaced. Cables were replaced and now I have to send back the processor.

My concern is IF the problems have not been corrected in new units and peripherals being sent out, I'll have paid a massive amount of money for a product that should be recalled and fixed.

An extended warranty on a product with so many problems is virtually useless because the same problems will continue beyond the small extended warranty (compared to the cost of the unit package). I will find out eventually if the problems have been fixed in parts being shipped back to me especially since AB knows and responded to the number of issues reported. If the problems haven't been corrected in replacement parts, AB comes off my list of recommending them.

I'm curious what your programs are set at. I'm also curious why your equipment, clips and such, keep breaking. I've had my processors for over a year now with no issues. Yes, there have been some problems, like any new product, however, you are the only one I've heard of with clips breaking and such. Are you using Optima?

Are people still having these problems? This is quite disconcerting.

Are people still having these problems? This is quite disconcerting.

It appears that in many cases, hardware was blamed where it was a software / programming issue, which is why some users complained of going thru multiple processors in a short period of time where others had no issues.

In the last year; AB has issued revisions to the parts that were problematic to improve durability and reliability. An update to the fitting/programming software is imminently rolling out along with the Q90 that will address many of the issues that some users were experiencing. There are already reports from users that experienced frequent breakdowns seeing it resolved with the new update (which is for both Naida builds.)

I did recently need to have my right processor replaced.. one too many falls off my ear caused it to go faulty haha. But hey, full year with no issues! course, after the replacement, then a cable went faulty. But everything's all fine and dandy now.

It appears that in many cases, hardware was blamed where it was a software / programming issue, which is why some users complained of going thru multiple processors in a short period of time where others had no issues.

In the last year; AB has issued revisions to the parts that were problematic to improve durability and reliability. An update to the fitting/programming software is imminently rolling out along with the Q90 that will address many of the issues that some users were experiencing. There are already reports from users that experienced frequent breakdowns seeing it resolved with the new update (which is for both Naida builds.)

Thanks for the info. I guess that's good to hear, though it may be too early to know the results. One of of my biggest concerns is the tradeoff for reliability. Given the cost of parts, reliability is important. AB's web page says their procesors only have a 3 year warranty, which somewhat conflicts with other info I've seen (eg comparison chart). If insurance wont cover replacement after an expired warranty then reliability is even more important. This is of course not to say competing brands dont have similar issues, though I have anecdotally seen fewer of those..

Thanks for the info. I guess that's good to hear, though it may be too early to know the results. One of of my biggest concerns is the tradeoff for reliability. Given the cost of parts, reliability is important. AB's web page says their procesors only have a 3 year warranty, which somewhat conflicts with other info I've seen (eg comparison chart). If insurance wont cover replacement after an expired warranty then reliability is even more important. This is of course not to say competing brands dont have similar issues, though I have anecdotally seen fewer of those..

That is because the other brands really haven't rolled out an entirely new processor like AB did with the Naida. There are going to be bugs, however, in hindsight with many of the people reporting some of these issues, they were not infact equipment issues, just user issues (like needing different magnets in their headpieces and such) but AB is very quick to just replace the processor if someone says it's not working, without really investigating why. Sometimes it is a simple program issue that an audi can fix or in many cases, they just needed a stronger magnet.

AB rest the warranty as of 1-1-15 to 5 years.

Back