Prevalence of stress, anxiety, depression among the general population during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Weshoulddo

Reaction score
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on public mental health. Therefore, monitoring and oversight of the population's mental health during crises such as a pandemic is an immediate priority. COVID-19 not only causes physical health concerns but also results in a number of psychological disorders. The spread of the new coronavirus can impact the mental health of people in different communities. Thus, it is essential to preserve the mental health of individuals and to develop psychological interventions that can improve the mental health of vulnerable groups during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Find something you enjoy doing and get to it.

The sun still comes up every day on schedule and goes away at end of day.

Any other problems, resolve them until you have none. Then enjoy life whatever it might be.

Finally but not last. Its really important to get out of the Democrat stronghold cities and states that dictate political lockdown control etc. Live in a free state. Understand that people have died by tens of thousands every winter from ordinary flu vax or not... and this particular corona is very survivable. No big deal except those who must endure other medical issues for which covid can kill them in various ways rather rapidly.

Water under the bridge. When you are healthy covid is a minor inconvenience. As of today out of almost three million in Arkansas we are about 24000 cases that had covid, around 2000 dead give or take and about 300 on ventilators with about 1500 in hospital non vent ICU care. The rest of the 7000 or so active cases are at home for two weeks isolated. Most of the infections are children under 12 who cannot legally be vaxed here and many who were going to get infected anyway, vaccine or not. It matters not.

People are going about their lives here. We take our chances. There are a thousand ways to get killed. I myself have faced death 8 times, the 9th would be what gets me then. Those 8 days were really something else against Death in situations you cannot imagine. I was in a mill one day and a crane got loose. I was standing unaware of the problem. A man yelled at me to fall down now. What? FALL DOWN RIGHT NOW YOU IDIOT. So I did. WHIFF. A big run away coil flew by on the way to crashing against the wall. 25000 pounds of falling steel. Guess who would have been between wall and coil? Me. Not today. So you dont worry about it. Be happy. Enjoy the people you are with.

It's good to hear your experience and your insights regarding the situation right now; however, every person has a different approach to situations that will come across in their lives. Like these vulnerable groups who suffer at such an alarming rate in mental health issues brought by this pandemic. It is best to support them on how to go through this, especially family members that need serious attention.

Things have gotten pretty serious where I am. I just spent two stays totaling almost two weeks in the local hospital here in Arkansas. First, there are no more beds ICU services for any Covid patient who needs it. They are turned away to go home to live or die. OR they are using helicopters or ground Ambulances to transport that person anywhere in the state to a covid bed that just opened up. using either type of transports causes the town or area that provided it to be without ambulance or help for a while. Potentially hours. So in some areas if someone needed to call 911 for Ambulance there probably isnt one. And that would be that for some.

In the hospital its a battle. While I am not covid and people were happy to treat my infection, which if escaped in the blood from where it grew; the body will clot it and it will hit the brainstem blood area and kill me in a few moments. Dead. and that would be that. A silver lining showed several other issues that will be fixed soon at a doctors. Simple issues but important in their own way.

In the hospital they asked my status for vax? I said its religious against the genetic vaxes against Covid. They have had 18 months to make a traditional vax using plants or eggs (Which takes 9 months to a year) which is no problem. They started testing me twice daily just to be sure I never had or or have not picked up that covid in the hospital. The next problem was in the ER. Several people died while waiting for a room. It took me 30 hours waiting downstairs to get a room. On the floor in the room upstairs, 12 were covid. 3 died while I was there this week for three days. They put signs with morning doves on the door of the room. The body is stay there until mortuary can get it moved down.

Generally I was one of the few lucky ones where I myself had a life threatening infection this week but despite the problems the hospital made available precious resources to help me. My recovery is pretty definite provided the infection did not kill me fast. So its worth the gamble. The hospital did make sure I was kicked out FAST as soon as they see medically there is no more need to stay. There were people dying downstairs waiting on my room. Thats the second gamble. Issued medicines for home and gave me battle orders to watch for two signs and immediately get up there if I had either a heart attack or stroke. Since I am already in God's hands either event under DNR would just be thats that. So there is no point in going.

Emphasis on the deaf. Being deaf in there required people to drop masks to talk so I can lipread. One technician for CT scan showed interest in learning ASL so for a few minutes I taught her a extremely brief version of what ASL is. and how she may learn more. What I did not do is try and arrange lessons myself because it will create a ethics problem on both of our parts. I am a patient and she is a provider. So whatever medical has to be medical. Nothing else. However she knows where she can find the deaf in the area and start learning if she wanted to. Its not something you can learn in a few minutes but rather over a lifetime journey. Im still learning it myself.

Some of the staff was afraid of me and by unvax status plus the infection I had which is loosely based on Staph A. Thats infectious. So they took extra precautions. I fought staph A once before at MSD when I was 16 and it presented quite differently then. FAST fever, emphasis on FAST. One hour Im playing a tag game iwth 20 other kids a hour later I am fainting at 103.6 fever which maxed at 104. They put me into isolation. Took two days to confirm the infection type. Today it took a couple of hours. They pulled hundreds of blood tests too. In my case the skin system held the staph a in place.

Things are changing in our society due to the hospital essentially overflowing. They are adding more beds, but do not have the staff or the time to take care of those beds properly. It will be very fast for those who got sick from whatever that is not covid. They will be treated properly and kicked out asap to go home. If it's covid and there is no beds anywhere in the state they will be denied and sent home with tamiflu or some generic medicines. And they will live or die there.

We are going into winter before too long and with the schools open this week, many children are falling sick infected with Covid. So it's futile and stupid to open schools. But they are doing it anyway. The getting sick from Covids is not a death sentance. 650,000 in our state has had coivd of all kinds, about 19000 dead. Maybe 81,000 disabled with long covid under SSA payments now and a chanced forever life. The rest will be fine. This is out of three million, 40% of whom have not gotten vaxed including all children under 12.

Something to consider.

It's good to hear your experience and your insights regarding the situation right now; however, every person has a different approach to situations that will come across in their lives. Like these vulnerable groups who suffer at such an alarming rate in mental health issues brought by this pandemic. It is best to support them on how to go through this, especially family members that need serious attention.
Honestly, some of our family members disagreed about getting vaccinated because they were misinformed. Now it is really hard to make them interested in getting it.

1.4 million Vaccine related reports of issues with them as of Aug 13th 2021. Quite a few deaths and three times that in Heart problems all the wau across the board. Particularly in the under 36 group.

Keep in mind since 1990 every year until 2020 its been very routine, about 400 deaths and a few times that in problems. Consider that flu seasons killed anywhere from 12000 to 61,000 annually. 140,000 to 810,000 annual hospitalizations. And tens of millions sick without either event.

Our military is now subject to mandatory jabs for a few million active duty etc. We expect about 30% loss in a variety of ways ranging from Failure to Obey lawful order to jab to deaths or simply AWOL or leave the military no matter what the punishment is. Which would be preferable to many rather than gamble everything on a jab that has a increasing record of hurting or killing people.

The military has begun to consider the problem of say 10% sick enough to require medical care and become unfit for continued active service after a failed Vax. If everyone took the jab as ordered. That will probably hurt our ability to generate forces to send into battle when say Taiwan gets stormed by China after they have knowledge of how weak we have become because it takes 6 months to train a replacement out of our Fighting age draft which stands about 20 million recently in the Selective Service. Half of whom for a variety of reasons will not be fit to take into service.

My state is out of beds essentially. So if you got covid bad enough here, you get to live or die at home. The situation is expected to worsen going into winter. We plan on double the current numbers next month. There are mountains of ventilators and related stuff. But not enough oxygen by tanker trucks and not enough nurses or doctors to keep the ICU vent people alive. We are running as of a few days ago about 1100 in ICU (Covid only, not counting others from accidents, crime, infections etc) Normal hospital beds are very difficult to get now.

Last edited:
Things have gotten pretty serious where I am. I just spent two stays totaling almost two weeks in the local hospital here in Arkansas. First, there are no more beds ICU services for any Covid patient who needs it. They are turned away to go home to live or die. OR they are using helicopters or ground Ambulances to transport that person anywhere in the state to a covid bed that just opened up. using either type of transports causes the town or area that provided it to be without ambulance or help for a while. Potentially hours. So in some areas if someone needed to call 911 for Ambulance there probably isnt one. And that would be that for some.

In the hospital its a battle. While I am not covid and people were happy to treat my infection, which if escaped in the blood from where it grew; the body will clot it and it will hit the brainstem blood area and kill me in a few moments. Dead. and that would be that. A silver lining showed several other issues that will be fixed soon at a doctors. Simple issues but important in their own way.

In the hospital they asked my status for vax? I said its religious against the genetic vaxes against Covid. They have had 18 months to make a traditional vax using plants or eggs (Which takes 9 months to a year) which is no problem. They started testing me twice daily just to be sure I never had or or have not picked up that covid in the hospital. The next problem was in the ER. Several people died while waiting for a room. It took me 30 hours waiting downstairs to get a room. On the floor in the room upstairs, 12 were covid. 3 died while I was there this week for three days. They put signs with morning doves on the door of the room. The body is stay there until mortuary can get it moved down.

Generally I was one of the few lucky ones where I myself had a life threatening infection this week but despite the problems the hospital made available precious resources to help me. My recovery is pretty definite provided the infection did not kill me fast. So its worth the gamble. The hospital did make sure I was kicked out FAST as soon as they see medically there is no more need to stay. There were people dying downstairs waiting on my room. Thats the second gamble. Issued medicines for home and gave me battle orders to watch for two signs and immediately get up there if I had either a heart attack or stroke. Since I am already in God's hands either event under DNR would just be thats that. So there is no point in going.

Emphasis on the deaf. Being deaf in there required people to drop masks to talk so I can lipread. One technician for CT scan showed interest in learning ASL so for a few minutes I taught her a extremely brief version of what ASL is. and how she may learn more. What I did not do is try and arrange lessons myself because it will create a ethics problem on both of our parts. I am a patient and she is a provider. So whatever medical has to be medical. Nothing else. However she knows where she can find the deaf in the area and start learning if she wanted to. Its not something you can learn in a few minutes but rather over a lifetime journey. Im still learning it myself.

Some of the staff was afraid of me and by unvax status plus the infection I had which is loosely based on Staph A. Thats infectious. So they took extra precautions. I fought staph A once before at MSD when I was 16 and it presented quite differently then. FAST fever, emphasis on FAST. One hour Im playing a tag game iwth 20 other kids a hour later I am fainting at 103.6 fever which maxed at 104. They put me into isolation. Took two days to confirm the infection type. Today it took a couple of hours. They pulled hundreds of blood tests too. In my case the skin system held the staph a in place.

Things are changing in our society due to the hospital essentially overflowing. They are adding more beds, but do not have the staff or the time to take care of those beds properly. It will be very fast for those who got sick from whatever that is not covid. They will be treated properly and kicked out asap to go home. If it's covid and there is no beds anywhere in the state they will be denied and sent home with tamiflu or some generic medicines. And they will live or die there.

We are going into winter before too long and with the schools open this week, many children are falling sick infected with Covid. So it's futile and stupid to open schools. But they are doing it anyway. The getting sick from Covids is not a death sentance. 650,000 in our state has had coivd of all kinds, about 19000 dead. Maybe 81,000 disabled with long covid under SSA payments now and a chanced forever life. The rest will be fine. This is out of three million, 40% of whom have not gotten vaxed including all children under 12.

Something to consider.
The numbers really speak for themselves. Only crazy people would not take this into consideration.

1.4 million Vaccine related reports of issues with them as of Aug 13th 2021. Quite a few deaths and three times that in Heart problems all the wau across the board. Particularly in the under 36 group.

Keep in mind since 1990 every year until 2020 its been very routine, about 400 deaths and a few times that in problems. Consider that flu seasons killed anywhere from 12000 to 61,000 annually. 140,000 to 810,000 annual hospitalizations. And tens of millions sick without either event.

Our military is now subject to mandatory jabs for a few million active duty etc. We expect about 30% loss in a variety of ways ranging from Failure to Obey lawful order to jab to deaths or simply AWOL or leave the military no matter what the punishment is. Which would be preferable to many rather than gamble everything on a jab that has a increasing record of hurting or killing people.

The military has begun to consider the problem of say 10% sick enough to require medical care and become unfit for continued active service after a failed Vax. If everyone took the jab as ordered. That will probably hurt our ability to generate forces to send into battle when say Taiwan gets stormed by China after they have knowledge of how weak we have become because it takes 6 months to train a replacement out of our Fighting age draft which stands about 20 million recently in the Selective Service. Half of whom for a variety of reasons will not be fit to take into service.

My state is out of beds essentially. So if you got covid bad enough here, you get to live or die at home. The situation is expected to worsen going into winter. We plan on double the current numbers next month. There are mountains of ventilators and related stuff. But not enough oxygen by tanker trucks and not enough nurses or doctors to keep the ICU vent people alive. We are running as of a few days ago about 1100 in ICU (Covid only, not counting others from accidents, crime, infections etc) Normal hospital beds are very difficult to get now.
The theory that this is biochemical warfare is very sound. I am one of those who think that it can be true.

Some family members despite vaxes and so forth are fighting it now. One is doing ok the other not so bad (Staying home, away from hospitals... he knows ...)

I myself got tested to the nth degree its negative all the way around.

I also had trouble finding dental people this year but finally located one who will take patients only because I had been with him before years ago. Otherwise no new patients until 2022 minimum. (Due to covid fear) So the process of replacing the teeth has started. Finally. It should not take too long. Wait for lab to build teeth, deliver. Surgeon extract, chop teeth in. Fiddle and be on my way healed in 6 weeks. So a few months.

IF for some reason we lock down again against Mu and Omega variant or something else in winter then that can wait. I hate leaving things with loose ends in life. And think thats a real problem when people are not given a choice what they wish to do or not. Some dont have any choice at all.

And the Deaf? Oh my goodness. In the past they are only told what was thought they were allowed to be told. Nothing else. Fast forward decades and it seems that some deaf are not yet with us into the modern time. Maybe I am wrong, I hope I am.

Back