prednisone for hearing loss

math13

Reaction score
Hi I was a professor and have been going deaf after overusing antibiotics and I started on an emergency course of prednisone. I lost the ability to understand speech and am diabetic too with allergies.
I'm finishing a 1 month course of the prednisone and some dexamethasone mixed in and I've regained some of the speech comprehension, but I couldn't even order food the other day.

My ears are still terribly clogged and numb and congested. I'm not sure if it's the eustachian tubes are inflamed down to my neck or it's a viral infection from HSV1 VZV

:welcome:

Be careful with the Prednisone long term.

You may want your ENT to start a direct injection of steroids it can be painful but is more direct without all the side effects. A tube may help with fluid.

Id avoid that vile stuff. It gives you man boobs, and causez allot of mental plms. Never knew they r proscribing ir for hesring loss treatment. Damn.
Learn sign, no man boob side effects, no suicidal tendencies and mental plms side effects....So on...no slave to big pharma and the poison the push....
Welcome to all deaf.
what were you a professor in? MAth?
Yeah i always digged the unabomber, his ideas are peofounD, too bsd he went of the deep end re the bombs..
Mmmmm
Cough
welcome

Id avoid that vile stuff. It gives you man boobs, and causez allot of mental plms. Never knew they r proscribing ir for hesring loss treatment. Damn.
Learn sign, no man boob side effects, no suicidal tendencies and mental plms side effects....So on...no slave to big pharma and the poison the push....
Welcome to all deaf.
what were you a professor in? MAth?
Yeah i always digged the unabomber, his ideas are peofounD, too bsd he went of the deep end re the bombs..
Mmmmm
Cough
welcome
For a person with a history of IV drug abuse, OD's etc, I think you are the last to be concerned about drug side effects.
Your drug dealers put big Pharma to shame.

For a person with a history of IV drug abuse, OD's etc, I think you are the last to be concerned about drug side effects.
Your drug dealers put big Pharma to shame.

The operative word here for you to understand is history. That actually doesnt mean present. If you didnt know.
Yeah history.
And because of that history, of grave mistakes, and consequences i can and i do have ideas regarding drugs and their side effects. Thats experience. i never used any bug juice which is what prednsdone woukd be called on the Street never the less i can and i do hold opinions of drug and big phArma. As an aside most dealers carry a well supplied stock of big pharma poison anyway man. Percs, vicadine,oxy, hydro, u name if. Really
Big pharma are the biggest producers, pushers, and dealers of dope around. No dealer on the street or even mid level players can hold a candle to big pharma profits on the suffering of the vast majority of people, convincing the vast majority to buy their drugs for imagined illness. How does that advertising work again, advertize the illness not the cure, "do you havd these symptoms, talk to your doctor.....)and people will believe themslves in need of one......
yeah
As for ku history. I hold no shame of it, been clean for years, besides pot.
History,
That was then, this is now.
Gotta light?

This guy is self medicating and clearly doesn't have both oars in the water. He probably lost his hearing by doctor shopping to get the antibiotics he was hoarding to take any time he felt ill and now that he is deaf, he's taking other meds to try and bring the hearing he killed back. It doesn't work that way once you've killed it, it's gone! If your a diabetic the last thing you do is self medicate and mix various drugs to boot. Just goes to show you, just because your a professor doesn't mean you are intelligent!

This guy is self medicating and clearly doesn't have both oars in the water. He probably lost his hearing by doctor shopping to get the antibiotics he was hoarding to take any time he felt ill and now that he is deaf, he's taking other meds to try and bring the hearing he killed back. It doesn't work that way once you've killed it, it's gone! If your a diabetic the last thing you do is self medicate and mix various drugs to boot. Just goes to show you, just because your a professor doesn't mean you are intelligent!

"clearly doesn't have both oars in the water" I never heard this expression before but it's funny ! :giggle:

Back