Power mold wrong size

nickysunflower

Reaction score
Hi guys. So I got my Oticon hearing aids llast week. I am very happyy with them. My ausi had a powermold made for the ritght ear since that side kept slipping out all the time. It seem it is not big enough. I have had it for a week. It ismadetoo of acrylic. I go back today. I was going to ask if I could get one made of silicone, since my last one seemed tighter, and went further in the canal. I have a lock and it still comes out. Any thought?. Thanks all. I appreciate all the advice.

A powermould is normally something that is fitted to Receiver-in-the-Ear hearing aids. Is that what you have or is the hearing aid connected to your ear via a tube to the aid behind the ear?

If you have a standard mould with tube connected to a behind the ear (BTE) HA then I would ask for a silicone if that's what you like, most people dislike the tightness :)

I dont believe a silicone option is available for receiver in the ears.

There are different locks as well. Canal/Concha locks (bottom of mould) and Helix locks (top of mould). Concha locks often do little to hold a mould in while Helix locks generally do a good job.

My advice is to keep pestering your Aud until you are happy :)

Thank you Gunner. I do have RITE with concha lock. I was dissapointed to find that it didn't stay in. The power mold also moves when I talk, and eat.iit seems like it is not big enough. Maybe the impression shrunk in transport? I am hoping my audi will find a solution. I will ask about the helix lock. I did meet someone with a RITE in a silicone mold. If the helix lock doesn't work maybe that will. Thanks for the info Gunner, and have a good day.

Thank you Gunner. I do have RITE with concha lock. I was dissapointed to find that it didn't stay in. The power mold also moves when I talk, and eat.iit seems like it is not big enough. Maybe the impression shrunk in transport? I am hoping my audi will find a solution. I will ask about the helix lock. I did meet someone with a RITE in a silicone mold. If the helix lock doesn't work maybe that will. Thanks for the info Gunner, and have a good day.

You can definitely get one with a helix lock. It's not the first option because it's much bigger. Often it's just the shape of the canal or maybe a dodgy impression (easy enough). It shouldn't be to difficult to fix. Try the silicon option first if that's what your aud suggests.

Back