Post Surgery question.

Kaze105

Reaction score
I had my surgery for CI yesterday. It supposedly went great according to the doctor. I do however have a problem/question.

When I sometimes swallow, I hear this short watery sound in my ear which I had the surgery on. Is that abnormal? Im wondering if this is sometime I should be concerned about or not.

Thanks

I had my surgery for CI yesterday. It supposedly went great according to the doctor. I do however have a problem/question.

When I sometimes swallow, I hear this short watery sound in my ear which I had the surgery on. Is that abnormal? Im wondering if this is sometime I should be concerned about or not.

Thanks

Hope you heal fast! If you are concerned/not sure if it's normal, you should contact your doctor.

After your Eustachian tube clears up when the swelling goes down, it should stop. Right now you have a lot of fluid in the ear helping with the healing process. Some of us have different weird sensations. I had a couple nerves cris-crossed during my first surgery, every time I scratched the incision area on my head, I could feel my finger scratching one side of my tongue. Took 4 years to go away.

After your Eustachian tube clears up when the swelling goes down, it should stop. Right now you have a lot of fluid in the ear helping with the healing process. Some of us have different weird sensations. I had a couple nerves cris-crossed during my first surgery, every time I scratched the incision area on my head, I could feel my finger scratching one side of my tongue. Took 4 years to go away.

Thanks. I knew it had to be some sort of fluid, but was worried if its not suppose to be there or not. Guess ill just take it easy for the next 12 days till I meet my doctor regarding the progress.

yeah there's going to be fluid in the ear that was implanted for a while. Even 2 weeks after surgery I still had a bit of fluid or blood under my eardrum after the stitches were removed.

Thanks

I had that for probably a week from my right ear. It should go away on its own. I told my doctor about it and it says its just the fluid from the surgery, and it'll go away. So theres nothing to worry about! :)

I had that for probably a week from my right ear. It should go away on its own. I told my doctor about it and it says its just the fluid from the surgery, and it'll go away. So theres nothing to worry about! :)

Thanks, mine went away just around in a couple days. still feel sore, but no more fluid noise.

Another question though. Im having a serious flaky dry skin all around the ear and around the stitches. Should I put on some moisturizer or is it fine to leave it alone. Just wondering if its ok to put it on where the stitches are.

I wouldn't put anything directly on the incision/stitches. Talk to your doctor about this, he/she may have something you can use.

Thanks, mine went away just around in a couple days. still feel sore, but no more fluid noise.

Another question though. Im having a serious flaky dry skin all around the ear and around the stitches. Should I put on some moisturizer or is it fine to leave it alone. Just wondering if its ok to put it on where the stitches are.

My mom is a nurse, and when i first got my CI she was taking care of me. She put like special cleansing medicine for the stitches. Like anti-bacteria cleansing thing. I didn't like it, because when you're cleaning it you have a little bit of the blood left on the stitches. But its better than nothing. But I wouldn't put any moisturizer on it, I would wait a few weeks until it has really healed and then maybe put it on. But i would definitely talk to the doctor if its okay to put a moisturizer on. But to this day i do not like cleaning my incisions behind my ears. I'm not comfortable cleaning my incisions.

Back