Positive food for thought

MelissaWatt

Reaction score
A house fire is not something that you ever hope to have happen to you. If you need to evacuate quickly and not have time to grab things that are important. A fire safe is a good thing to have. I put a single pair of hearing aids/ spare in the safe as well as a pair of recent earmolds. This will alleviate issues on getting another pair. Food for thought.. :wave:

This is very tasty food for thought. I am actually thinking about getting one myself. I was born without the ability to smell, and as of yet don't have a fire alarm that works for me so my reaction time to a fire is very minimal. I definitely wouldn't have time to grab anything important.

Otherwise~ We already have one but it's filled with marriage license, birth certificates, social security numbers, baptismal records, and copy of last years taxes, along with retirement paperwork from the services. My hubby just thought from a recent fire in our area and my worries about being able to replace what I have to get another one and put a separate one for special jewelry along with one spare pair just in case.. Pull it out from time to time to check and make sure it works with moisture contents. Food for thought~ and I am picking up a new one soon. The original is so full that it is compromising it shutting completely and could burn.

Yes, great idea. keep your important papers, valuables, and medications in a safe as well.

Fuzzy

Back