Pork chopped from federal prison menus

If a religious Jew, in times of duress, the kosher laws are suspended and you can go ahead and eat the pork.
True but I think dining in American prisons doesn't quite qualify as duress. Skipping pork/ham/bacon servings probably would qualify more as an inconvenience or discomfort. They wouldn't starve to death.

This is interesting:

"Most facilities will make some kind of arrangements for kosher food. If it is really important to someone to have strictly kosher food, the judge should be told before the sentence. The judge can then instruct the appropriate prison that they will be receiving a Jewish inmate who has special dietary needs. These needs will sometimes be accommodated with pre-cooked kosher meals that are sealed, similar to the kosher food served on airlines."

Jews in Prison

I just can't imagine life without BBQ it just wouldn't be the same :eek3:

I find it ironic that these prisoners won't eat something because of their religious beliefs. If they were so religious like they say they were, no crime would of been committed. When people go to prison, they deserve no right what they want to eat. They deserve to lose that freedom when commiting a crime.

It is possible that they become religious after being incarcerated in jail.

True but I think dining in American prisons doesn't quite qualify as duress. Skipping pork/ham/bacon servings probably would qualify more as an inconvenience or discomfort. They wouldn't starve to death.

This is interesting:

"Most facilities will make some kind of arrangements for kosher food. If it is really important to someone to have strictly kosher food, the judge should be told before the sentence. The judge can then instruct the appropriate prison that they will be receiving a Jewish inmate who has special dietary needs. These needs will sometimes be accommodated with pre-cooked kosher meals that are sealed, similar to the kosher food served on airlines."

Jews in Prison

If anyone is that worried about their food being kosher they should of thought of that before committing the crime! I would say tough luck !

I find it ironic that these prisoners won't eat something because of their religious beliefs. If they were so religious like they say they were, no crime would of been committed. When people go to prison, they deserve no right what they want to eat. They deserve to lose that freedom when commiting a crime.

Federal law require all prisons and jails to make special diet for religious prisoners.

The Moslem brotherhood has visited White House more than anyone else roughly evey 6weeks I wonder if they given advice

Back