Population number

Sophia26

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what is the percentage of Deaf People living in Washington D.C. and in New York? Is it over 50% or just below that?

50%??? :shock: Of the population in that area?? :shock: Seems highly unlikely, since most statistics say that 1:1000 people are deaf.

Sophia26 said:
Can anyone tell me what is the percentage of Deaf People living in Washington D.C. and in New York? Is it over 50% or just below that?

OMG!! 50%, you are crazy.
laugh2.gif

If Deaf population makes up 50 percent in cities like Washington, DC and New York, then we would see many, many of them around about everyday. :)

I would say in those two cities, the deaf population is only between 1 and 5 percent.

I think the person is asking how much of the total American deaf population lives in Washington D.C. or New York.

Good question! I don't think anyone has really done any research on that as far as I know, but I keep hearing that California has most of the deaf population in America.

50%? Yea right! Where do you get the idea?

I would say somewhere in 4% I know Rochester, NY has the highest percentage in the world. Somewhere around 10%

Sophia26 said:

Wtf?!

Check the attutide please.

Thank you kuifje75. I'm really curious because I know of DC, Rochester and SF but California isn't on the list since I'm in Northridge.

Back